Golden Keys should be dropped in game...

#51ICantNameGudPosted 11/9/2012 3:03:33 PM
From the outside looking in on this convo:: blue is technically "uncommon", purple is legitimately designated "rare". As far as "the key being more uncommon than the items it gives", that chest will almost always drop 2-3 items. If the rarity of a key-drop was inbetween a purple drop and orange drop, then BOOM, works perfectly, plus no useless chest in 9 months.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#52PanopictonguyPosted 11/9/2012 3:04:30 PM
ICantNameGud posted...

Sarcastic response: why have you visited this website everyday for five and a half years?

Because I'm a gamer and this site gives me a place to discuss video games. Sadly it's more trolling and complaints of entitlement than discussion. Why are my personal interest of your concern? That really doesn't effect your experience.

Actual response: After paying $70 with $30 to go plus extra characters, AND over 200 hours invested, forgive me for wanting to use the guns in a SHOOTER. Sorry RPG fans, it's a shooter.

It's an RPG, shooting is the battle system. You're not entitled to have all the content given to you. You unlock it or work for. And your complaint wasn't that you couldn't get any keys it was because it wasn't convenient enough for you to get ALL the keys. You don't need all the keys or all the rarest guns to enjoy the game. You feel because you paid money the developers owe you these things. This isn't call of duty you're not going to be rewarded just for running around tea bagging n00b.

Why do you feel the need to throw your opinion into duping threads? I started a topic on playthrough/gameplay stats last week, out of 5 or 6 characters you didn't have a single lvl 50 (the level people actually dupe at) if we're bringing up duping. The only non-trade topics here are about duping, which I an in favor of....

The only real discussions on this board are about duping...like you said. So you answered your own question.

I have no level 50 characters because I am in no rush to max out my characters. There is nothing to do at level 50 except farm weapons that can only be used by level 50 characters. I also play all my characters, depending on how I feel I pick one and I jump in and play. I try different builds, I run through a lot if the areas just seeing what I can get.

And you're wrong about duping. It happens at all levels. I tried a trade a few times. Come to find out one of the guys I thought was Legit was just giving a bunch copies while I gave him my unique originals. On top of this he was stockpiling with every trade using then to eventually do a give away. Which I'm am really against.

A few other people I played with duped skins and heads. And then fussed at me because I didn't wanna take all the crap he came into my game and dropped.

My highest level character is 40. All of my other characters are between 20 & 30 including characters I have on an alternate profile for guest. I want to play through pt2 coop but the only person I can play with our schedules very rarely match up. I'd just with randoms if the entire goal of the online community wasn't to blow through the game on easy mode and dupe until they gave everything.

On topic: The people against random key drops don't understand one thing. Once all the DLC is out and they stop supporting this game, there will be a useless golden chest you see every time you load sanctuary that you will not be able to open. Gee, it's almost like if they don't want it to be a tease they would need to allow the player the ability to get them.....

Ever stop to think via dlc they'll give us a way to get a regular supply of hidden keys? You don't care though you want the entirety of the game unlocked now and handed to you. Who cares about longevity and replay value you just want everything given to you. God forbid they have an idea that they don't put in. You'll feel cheated because they are obligated to make games just for you and give you everything on a silver platter.

It never crossed your mind that golden keys are really just a way to keep gamers watching them so they can stay updated on what's gong on. You just feel like you're being cheated out of things you are entitled to.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#53ICantNameGudPosted 11/9/2012 3:18:16 PM
Panopticonguy: Lol no I don't dude, you're just a suspected 800lb gorilla who's spent the equivent of 5+ years on a gaming website talking down to people. Did you miss the part where I have 2 level 50's that I personally leveled, at least 7 legit orange drops, and have used over 10 folden keys with 4 to go? The point is not everyon use social media, a lot of people don't want to be tied to their xbox.

I used to think you and I were having actual discussions an understood each other, but you're an elitist who puts words in peoples mouths. At least my actual life is infinitely more satisfying than yours, Mr. 'Video games are the only place I challenge myself'

(Yea assumptions suck and aren't very accurate, huh?)
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#54PanopictonguyPosted 11/9/2012 3:19:11 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
From the outside looking in on this convo:: blue is technically "uncommon", purple is legitimately designated "rare". As far as "the key being more uncommon than the items it gives", that chest will almost always drop 2-3 items. If the rarity of a key-drop was inbetween a purple drop and orange drop, then BOOM, works perfectly, plus no useless chest in 9 months.

White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Rare
Purple/Magenta - Epic/E-Tech
Gold/orange - Legendary

I wouldn't put them between purple and orange. They would be too rare. The weapons are generally more powerful than other purple weapons of the same level. The only issue is you can just as easily just kill the warrior and get 3-4 high powered as opposed to getting only 1 key occasionally that would only met you 2 purples or blues.

I think better system would be to buy then with Eridium like someone else suggested. Then again if they do that why waste the time when they could just give us a vault with vault with multiple chest in it that cost 99 eridium to open.

I doubt the chest would die. From what I understand the key generator is an automated system. That's what it seemed like they were working on when the shift codes were first announced. If it does die, oh well. We didn't pay for it it was a bonus that came attached to the premier club.
---
#55GujinKamiPosted 11/9/2012 3:19:24 PM
I'd agree if the chest didn't drop crap all the time.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#56PensatoPosted 11/9/2012 3:23:19 PM
ICantNameGud posted...

The Warrior drops 3 to 5 purples every time you kill him. It takes around three minutes to kill him, grab your loot, save and reload. Purples are not rare. At most I'd say they are uncommon, regardless what the developers wanted them to be in theory.

So. The key being rare makes no sense from a game design point at this stage of the games life. It's the same issue with seraph crystals and items. If I can get purples easier and faster from framing The Warrior, there's no point in rare key drops. It's a wasted mechanic, aka bad game design.

You have to think about the game's mechanics as a whole. Not just the one or two things currently on your brain.

I agree with the chest being useless in the future (some will argue it already is). That's why I state the Golden Chest is meh. It was an awful game design concept. I will also agree the only way to fix it now is to allow key drops in game. What I'm saying though, is that the drops don't need to be super rare or rare at all. Otherwise the chest is still useless since there are faster and easier ways to get purples.
#57PanopictonguyPosted 11/9/2012 3:32:30 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
Panopticonguy: Lol no I don't dude, you're just a suspected 800lb gorilla who's spent the equivent of 5+ years on a gaming website talking down to people. Did you miss the part where I have 2 level 50's that I personally leveled, at least 7 legit orange drops, and have used over 10 folden keys with 4 to go? The point is not everyon use social media, a lot of people don't want to be tied to their xbox.

I used to think you and I were having actual discussions an understood each other, but you're an elitist who puts words in peoples mouths. At least my actual life is infinitely more satisfying than yours, Mr. 'Video games are the only place I challenge myself'

(Yea assumptions suck and aren't very accurate, huh?)

I'm on a mobile device...I can be on Facebook, twitter, Gfaqs, worldstar...etc simultaneously while gaming. You don't even have to use Social Media life someone else suggested just gory the twitter or Facebook page occasionally.

I've spent the majority of time on these forums trying to hold discussions and for the most part being helpful even with titles I hate like INfamous.

You can think what you want of my character, I've never spoken down to you. I'm sorry if you're taking my rebut as such. The way you post makes you seem like you think gearbox owes you.

It doesn't matter how many level 50 characters you have or how legit you claim to be. This community is toxic. For all I know you fleshsticked both characters. Just like rarity means nothing so does your level because what this community has become.

Also keep in mind we have roughly the same amount of play time, you having more. So we're like a pair of 800 lb gorillas flinging poop at each other.
---
#58SixStringSamuaiPosted 11/9/2012 4:06:36 PM
Max58201 posted...
wow i am always surprised by the elitest attitude people on this board can have

grow up seriously golden keys should be a drop just because your e peen will shrink because you don't have more keys then everyone else doesn't mean its a bad idea. and putting down people because they don't use twitter or don't have xbox gold. it blows my mind that people can be that low

You dont need twitter, you just need someone that does. Honestly getting gold keys is super easy. Half the people that dont have them are either lazy, self entitled or just dont care enough.

I dont give a crap how mean this sounds. I really dont. If two ppl pay $10 to go to a restaurant, but one of the two pays an additional $10 for buffet, the guy who didnt pay for the extra doesnt get buffet.

And if in the middle of the meal managment decides to give away free tix to a sporting event for those who bought buffet, the ppl who didnt should not be handed those tix, nor should they have a right to complain that they didnt get any.

You want gold keys, buy gold. Its less than 20 cents a day and it lasts a year. If u cant afford to buy gold, then getting gold keys should be the least of your problems.
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#59ICantNameGudPosted 11/9/2012 4:21:10 PM
Panopictonguy posted...

It doesn't matter how many level 50 characters you have or how legit you claim to be. This community is toxic. For all I know you fleshsticked both characters. Just like rarity means nothing so does your level because what this community has become.

Also keep in mind we have roughly the same amount of play time, you having more. So we're like a pair of 800 lb gorillas flinging poop at each other.

I could not have put it more succinctly. I will be more wary of the content and percieved intent of my posts, and I would like it if we could resolve our differences, as I generally appreciate your input on things. On this forum I have tried to keep a constant theme: this particilar community is filled whiney people who wish to impose their playstyle on others; and it is dissapointing GBX neutered the chests and weapons (creation system/manufacturers) when compared to the first. (I was not a New Haven or Knoxx farmer and never duped in BL1).. The overwhelming majority of my posts address those two things, but those are the sorts of topics this board discusses the most. So that's what I respond too.

I've posted in plenty of other "less popular" topics ( the recent Tiny Tina thread, last nights "If Handsome Jack were X he'd be handsome Y) as well as making my own threads, usually polling the community. In -this- thread you've ignored any points I've made about the chest, choosing instead to make assumptions about me, and the only time you did address my points it was to say "GBX willof course somehow continue to support the chest, even though I've no evidence, you're a whiney dumb for bringing it up".
---
#60PanopictonguyPosted 11/9/2012 5:20:29 PM
ICantNameGud posted...

I've posted in plenty of other "less popular" topics ( the recent Tiny Tina thread, last nights "If Handsome Jack were X he'd be handsome Y) as well as making my own threads, usually polling the community. In -this- thread you've ignored any points I've made about the chest, choosing instead to make assumptions about me, and the only time you did address my points it was to say "GBX willof course somehow continue to support the chest, even though I've no evidence, you're a whiney dumb for bringing it up".

You're right after seeing your post in most of "those" topics I kind of got the wrong idea about you. I really don't take these threads seriously anymore I just skimmed through it and I saw your post which was really the only reason I even responded in this topic. I admit I had this preset idea of what you wanted but I can see where you're coming from.

I've had times where key codes have went live and I was at work or out with friends. Being that I have access to the tweets and boards all the time this bothered me at times. More so than missing the code all together because I was aware of them and I knew if I was home I could have had them all. But I figure there will be more codes so I'll get a key some other time.

As far my ideas about the chest I've been following his tweets and they made it seem like they were working on an automated system for the keys. If that's the case there's no reason we'll ever stop getting key codes. All that other stuff is theory crafting, they will probably never tweak the golden chest considering it's just a piece of bonus content that adds nothing to the game. There have been games with a "special chest" that only got used once in the lifetime of the game.
---