Golden Keys should be dropped in game...

#610ldgam3rPosted 11/9/2012 9:03:55 PM
I think a petition should be started to stop games from doing this. I never needed a Twitter acount before borderlands 2. I play the game normal and dont cheat so good guns are very hard to come by, I'm forced to use some kinda crappy space gun or a rocket launcher, I want a gun that shoots bullets not blobs but all the bullet guns are too low. So I have to try catch a Twitter posting to see if Randy. or his Wife are posting a key to get a good gun that you should have been able to earn in the game in the first place. But no this way they can force you to login to Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube but you have to login Youtube aswell. This is a Carni tactic, that likely gets them paid for the logins. I would rather just pay money to get the keys than be manipulated that way. If games go this way it will be the end of gaming for me. Shift codes are needed like Steam or Origin are needed. If you wanna give shift codes make them for new guns that just got developed. Not guns that are already developed but just held unobtainable, unless you follow the game developer and his wife on twitter for a chance to get a purple weapon.
#62WandymanPosted 11/9/2012 9:15:56 PM
I'm sure this has been posted (as I didn't read through the topic) but why not just do the Golden Key trick? I mean, it's a little slow going to farm the chest but you'll always have a key.
#63bry6trump(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:04:23 PM
im not saying the chest will give you great items every time..in fact, more than half of the time it seemed the chest gave me items i that were garbage..i just like the idea of getting random key drops because its exciting to run back to sanctuary to see whats in the chest..i cannot stand farming , i just cant beat an enemy over and over..

good idea about using eridium to buy golden keys...what, 50 eridium for a golden key?sounds fair to me..i dont see what the problem would be with this formula because it would give me something to do with all the leftover eridium i have..

has anyone ever gotten an orange weapon out of the chest in sanctuary?i have never..i have put a lot of time into this game i have only come across 4-5 orange items naturally..they are extremely rare in my case..
#64SixStringSamuaiPosted 11/10/2012 12:36:01 PM
0ldgam3r posted...
I think a petition should be started to stop games from doing this. I never needed a Twitter acount before borderlands 2. I play the game normal and dont cheat so good guns are very hard to come by, I'm forced to use some kinda crappy space gun or a rocket launcher, I want a gun that shoots bullets not blobs but all the bullet guns are too low. So I have to try catch a Twitter posting to see if Randy. or his Wife are posting a key to get a good gun that you should have been able to earn in the game in the first place. But no this way they can force you to login to Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube but you have to login Youtube aswell. This is a Carni tactic, that likely gets them paid for the logins. I would rather just pay money to get the keys than be manipulated that way. If games go this way it will be the end of gaming for me. Shift codes are needed like Steam or Origin are needed. If you wanna give shift codes make them for new guns that just got developed. Not guns that are already developed but just held unobtainable, unless you follow the game developer and his wife on twitter for a chance to get a purple weapon.

Lol... no.
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#65mooninomicsPosted 11/10/2012 6:06:26 PM
On one hand, one could look at it like "Oh, they're just regular guns you can get anyway, following twitter and facebook for codes to get them is fine because it's a little extra bit of loot. Keys don't need to be available through regular gameplay because the loot is just a nice bonus and nothing special."

On the other hand, one could also look at it like "Oh, they're just regular guns you can get anyway, why should I bother to follow twitter and facebook for codes to get them if they're just a little bit of extra loot? Keys may as well be available through regular gameplay because the loot is just a nice bonus and nothing special."

Both are valid responses, really. Either way.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#660ldgam3rPosted 11/11/2012 1:29:04 AM
Well either way you cut it, its a piss off to see you missed both codes by an hour as they are only good for 3 hrs like what just happened again today. Maybe your right maybe its just me im likely just too old for games like this now. Me and the younger generation dont have the same interests. I still put Shift codes in the "Skinny Jeans" pile.
#67PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 5:02:14 AM
Shift codes are set to come out on weekends at the same times. I think there is even a schedule on gearbox's site.

You don't need a YouTube, Facebook, or twitter account as I believe all the profiles are public.

Social media is their free advertisement. They are giving us incentive to look at their advertisements. All of this stuff is extra bonus material that doesn't change the game got better or worse. You can live without let's but it's nice if you get one.

Having everything is not necessary to enjoy this game. "this type of game" isn't for the younger crowd because there is very little instant gratification and nothing is just given to you. There are things that take effort to acquire.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#680ldgam3rPosted 11/11/2012 1:50:59 PM
No your as brainwashed as the rest of them its a Gypsy tactic in marketing and nothing more, I will never buy another Gearbox game again cause of it. I wouldn't be suprised if the game was coded in such a way, that good guns were rare to make the keys desirable. Imagine what stuff developers could pull from future games and keep hostage to shift codes if this trend caught on. You guys are defending that bonus stuff is good and I agree. Just not like this. Other games just make a double xp weekend, you dont have to be within a 3 hr window at your game console to see that reward. A hard working guy gets penalized enough, this is just another kick in the nuts with paying extra taxes. Even if they made 48 hr codes, that would help, but I still hate the idea that Game Developers are going to wanna follow suit and cut out parts of their game to piece back out to you for their social media needs. And once they have a social media department rolling they will always push for more game content to hold back. Also I am curious to all you who say its good, do you have a job? or even work some Saturdays? cause as you said this game isnt for kids and I dont know any working adults that have a 3 hr window to be around their ps3.
#69FurioPosted 11/11/2012 2:23:07 PM
The keys are staggered throughout the weekend so they work for many different schedules. You aren't expected to be able to enter every single one, and if you work 48 hours straight on every weekend you are in the vast minority.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64594314

A topic listing all current keys. You can enter lots of them right now without ever touching social media.

There is nothing special or exclusive in the chest, so even if you can't get any keys ever, you are missing out on absolutely nothing you can't get from a 10 minute Geary run (as another poster said) or find randomly, as random loot was meant to be found in the first place .
#700ldgam3rPosted 11/11/2012 3:22:53 PM
Well if they do not intend on wanting you to get all of them why not just post one code thats good for 24 or 48 hrs, nobody works 48 hrs on the weekend, but believe it or not some people have a life outside the game and work that requires you to leave the house from time to time. Also there is no valid codes right now i missed the last one by an hour again just now. Also i you are gonna google it or go to a board and trust their timely skill of putting the codes out after they have long expired. You may aswell go to the horses mouth and follow the guy and his wife on twitter.
It's a big joke either way you cut it. and I will never buy a game with shift codes. I am gonna make sure from now on. Once i pick up Black Ops 2 tomorrow Borderlands is going straight in the trash.