Guess I'm supposed to be the new Sheriff of Lynchwood

#1MGunzCPosted 11/9/2012 10:44:43 AM
I'm on Playthrough 1 and finished the Showdown, so I thought I'd go beat the Lady Sheriff to try to get a Law pistol since the optional mission to get the Order shield is coming up shortly.

Went in 2 times and she dropped a Sheriff's Badge both times but no Law pistol.

Guess I'll take the hint, wear the badge, and stick around for a while until I can convince her to hand the Law over to me.
#2JimiMorrison187Posted 11/9/2012 10:59:14 AM
Law is a weapon given as a quest reward by the Sheriff in Sanctuary.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
#3ZarnonElchrisPosted 11/9/2012 11:14:38 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
Law is a weapon given as a quest reward by the Sheriff in Sanctuary.

Yes, but it can also drop from the Sheriff of Lynchwood.
#4MosebysRangersPosted 11/9/2012 11:15:48 AM
Law can be obtained as quest reward for doing Sherrifs request in sanctuary. Laws can also be collected from the Sherrif of Lynchwood. They still work with the Shield order. Depending level you are and luck of the drop they can actually be better versions of the Law quest reward.

To TC keep farming Sheriff of Lynchwood she drops it fairly consistently. I generally got one after 4-6 tries. Some will be Fine Laws and some Leather Laws. Make sure you search carefully because sometimes her loot can spill in weird spots depending where you killed her. Also this fight can be good for grinding XP depending on what you are getting. If you take your time before killing her the Marshalls will respawn for awhile before they run out.
#5MGunzC(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:19:23 AM
Thank you.

I have that one, but it is Level 16 and I am 29. The Order shield that I'll get soon will be close to my level so I want the level 26-28 Law dropped by the Lady of Lynchwood.
#6StormWolf12Posted 11/9/2012 11:22:07 AM(edited)
MGunzC posted...
Thank you.

I have that one, but it is Level 16 and I am 29. The Order shield that I'll get soon will be close to my level so I want the level 26-28 Law dropped by the Lady of Lynchwood.

:/ I really wouldn't waste time getting another one at level 27ish. The melee damage will be the same, and you'll get another guaranteed one during the second playthru.

But, enjoy the game however you want to.
#7Nanis23Posted 11/9/2012 11:26:43 AM
Wait,so it is possible to get a level 50 Law?

Though I wonder,is Law+Order combo better than using the +200% Melee Rapier from the DLC as a build for Melee Zer0?
#8MGunzC(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:29:23 AM
I don't mind trying to get it now. Enemies in Lynchwood are 28 and the Lady is 30, so I'm getting good experience for a change. Most of the rest of the storyline at this point is around 24.

Besides, I'd like to have the combo ready for Zero when I play him next so he won't have to farm and can just go to town hackin' stuff when he gets to Level 28...

I think it's more fun to use the lower level stuff as you progress through the story rather than getting to level 50 and collecting stuff that I will never use at that point of the game.

Thanx everyone for your comments!
#9MGunzC(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:42:12 AM
As for the Law+Order combo:

With the Order shield, melee damage dealt will also heal you if the Law pistol is in your hands plus it does Roid damage if the shield is depleted.

+200% Melee damage is nice too - depends on how you want to play I guess.
#10TornadofoxPosted 11/9/2012 11:50:47 AM
Love thumper is better than Order if you are using Captain Blade's rapier. There are some situations where law and order are better. So I keep them both in my bag.