bored in borderlands

#11killbot357Posted 11/11/2012 8:33:11 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...
cant duplicators and anti-duplicators just pretend to like each other? and im not doing anything wrong. im just paying forward the kindness other people gave me by duplicating these guns for me in the first place.

You can't reason with these anti-dupers bro. All they do is come at you with circular logic and terrible arguments about how they are "indirectly" affected by something you yourself are choosing to do. Doesn't matter that they don't know you, and will most likely never encounter you ever in the Borderlands universe. The fact that you do something that they don't personally agree with is enough to greatly anger them. Just something we all have to live with.

please tell us more about circular logic and terrible arguments
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#12kiwimyweeweePosted 11/11/2012 8:37:50 PM(edited)
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...
cant duplicators and anti-duplicators just pretend to like each other? and im not doing anything wrong. im just paying forward the kindness other people gave me by duplicating these guns for me in the first place.

You can't reason with these anti-dupers bro. All they do is come at you with circular logic and terrible arguments about how they are "indirectly" affected by something you yourself are choosing to do. Doesn't matter that they don't know you, and will most likely never encounter you ever in the Borderlands universe. The fact that you do something that they don't personally agree with is enough to greatly anger them. Just something we all have to live with.

So because someone doesn't run into him means duping doesn't affect the game in any shape or form.

Duping affects the game whether positively or negatively to people in an online setting. If you can't understand that then god help you.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#13JPhoenix985Posted 11/11/2012 8:43:38 PM
killbot357 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...

Lol, this guy. Pick a topic on this board about duping. Try to get one that has 40-50 posts. They're all the same. The argument always the same. Dupers don't think they're hurting anyone, and always point out that duping is a pretty active thing. As in, you literally HAVE to participate in the action to contribute/benefit from duping. If you don't want to dupe, then don't pick up the guns or drop them for other people. Simple as that.

I've seen many anti arguments, ranging from "duping ruins the whole game" and "you're missing the entire point." I've also seen a few of the "I'm going to grind hours of my life away for guns so if you don;t do it that way you're a bad person." Most recently I saw an argument against duping from a guy claiming that duping polluted the entire weapons pool in the game, effectively rendering it impossible for this one guy in particular to trade any of his legendaries because he wouldn't know if the ones he was getting in return were dupes or not. This upset him. Hilariously.

These are all terrible arguments. They don't use any factual logic to dispute duping, instead relying solely on the personal opinions of people who simply choose a more purist method when playing the game. Are we good now?
---
GT: Liquid x Havok
#14killbot357Posted 11/11/2012 8:47:43 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
killbot357 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...

Lol, this guy. Pick a topic on this board about duping. Try to get one that has 40-50 posts. They're all the same. The argument always the same. Dupers don't think they're hurting anyone, and always point out that duping is a pretty active thing. As in, you literally HAVE to participate in the action to contribute/benefit from duping. If you don't want to dupe, then don't pick up the guns or drop them for other people. Simple as that.

I've seen many anti arguments, ranging from "duping ruins the whole game" and "you're missing the entire point." I've also seen a few of the "I'm going to grind hours of my life away for guns so if you don;t do it that way you're a bad person." Most recently I saw an argument against duping from a guy claiming that duping polluted the entire weapons pool in the game, effectively rendering it impossible for this one guy in particular to trade any of his legendaries because he wouldn't know if the ones he was getting in return were dupes or not. This upset him. Hilariously.

These are all terrible arguments. They don't use any factual logic to dispute duping, instead relying solely on the personal opinions of people who simply choose a more purist method when playing the game. Are we good now?

Sure, we're good. Dupers are all whiny babies who want everything handed to them without working for it and/or are so pathetic at playing the game they need the most powerful weapons possible to stand a chance, and anti-dupers are all internet grandpas who are butthurt about something that doesn't affect them one bit.
---
#15PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 8:53:29 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
killbot357 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...

Fact: I made a trade thinking the gear was legit. It was not. My unique lot was forever lost and I was given counterfeits in exchange.

Fact: my unique lot was then added to a loot giveaway pool that would be dispersed to hundreds of people. Making trading similar loot more difficult

mostly dupers claim farming is the alternative to duping. I think everyone should just play the damn game and be happy with their drops.

I never tell people they should stop duping and farm. If you don't want to just play the Game what's the point of owning it?

No one's calling anyone a bad person. But I can see most dupers (specifically people who believe they need everything to enjoy the game) are extremely immature and lack comprehension of simple concepts.

I.e. economy = money
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#16JPhoenix985Posted 11/11/2012 8:55:17 PM
killbot357 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
killbot357 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...

Sure, we're good. Dupers are all whiny babies who want everything handed to them without working for it and/or are so pathetic at playing the game they need the most powerful weapons possible to stand a chance, and anti-dupers are all internet grandpas who are butthurt about something that doesn't affect them one bit.

I enjoy your sense of humor. I feel like you've got it right except that I don't consider myself whiny. Or really a baby.Or pathetic at this game, as I had already beaten it solo and hit 50 before I even started duping. I will, however, admit that I'm terribly lazy when it comes to this game. I'm not going to get this wonderful sense of satisfaction from investing 20 hours into killing the same guy over and over again for a shiny orange gun. If you do, then that's awesome. Props to you. I'd much rather just have the gun, right now, and use it to kill tons of stuff. And give it to my friends so we can all kill tons of stuff. I feel like that's why I play the game, to have fun. Not to work. I already work. It's no where near as much fun. And clearly this mindset upsets people, who want to feel like they've "earned" their legendaries.

Also, I totally don;t think you're all grandpas. I do, however, think a majority of anti-dupers are a tad butthurt, and it shows.
---
#17beebagPosted 11/11/2012 8:58:02 PM
Its not just getting things handed to them. Ive duped tor people and.vise versa, but i also like to farm for guns, when.i have time, cuz you know....social lives and all. Any time i see guys going hardcore on a dude for duping, i am really just seeing the sad cries of a virgin.
---
GT: bee bag
#18killbot357Posted 11/11/2012 9:00:39 PM
beebag posted...
Its not just getting things handed to them. Ive duped tor people and.vise versa, but i also like to farm for guns, when.i have time, cuz you know....social lives and all. Any time i see guys going hardcore on a dude for duping, i am really just seeing the sad cries of a virgin.

Virgins don't go hardcore on anyone come on now
---
#19beebagPosted 11/11/2012 9:02:30 PM
killbot357 posted...
beebag posted...

Virgins don't go hardcore on anyone come on now

Hahahahahaha. Nice.
---
GT: bee bag
#20JPhoenix985Posted 11/11/2012 9:04:55 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
killbot357 posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...
6LORDofDEATH9I posted...

Fact: I made a trade thinking the gear was legit. It was not. My unique lot was forever lost and I was given counterfeits in exchange.

Fact: my unique lot was then added to a loot giveaway pool that would be dispersed to hundreds of people. Making trading similar loot more difficult

mostly dupers claim farming is the alternative to duping. I think everyone should just play the damn game and be happy with their drops.

I never tell people they should stop duping and farm. If you don't want to just play the Game what's the point of owning it?

No one's calling anyone a bad person. But I can see most dupers (specifically people who believe they need everything to enjoy the game) are extremely immature and lack comprehension of simple concepts.

I.e. economy = money

Just a couple questions.

1. How did you know that you received a "counterfeit" (and I'm sorry, but it's hilarious that you used that term to describe video game guns) gun for your "legit" gun?

2. How, exactly, was your lot "lost?" Are you referring to the idea that now that your gun is in the hands of a duper, it stops being legit? Even though you know you farmed it?

3. How does duping made trading more difficult? There's even an in-game system that allows you to trade, and it seems pretty straightforward. I've also seen tons of "trade not dupe" topics on this board, so I doubt the community for trading doesn't exist.

4. As a duper, what basic concepts do you feel that I lack?
---