bored in borderlands

#21PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 9:09:45 PM
beebag posted...
Its not just getting things handed to them. Ive duped tor people and.vise versa, but i also like to farm for guns, when.i have time, cuz you know....social lives and all. Any time i see guys going hardcore on a dude for duping, i am really just seeing the sad cries of a virgin.

I'm tying to understand the logic behind your post?

It's as if you think you're suppose to devote your life and all your time to getting a single legendary weapon.

Unless you believe that people should gave every legendary in the game by now.

I'm confused, how do you think these kinds of games work exactly?
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#22beebagPosted 11/11/2012 9:12:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23JPhoenix985Posted 11/11/2012 9:13:47 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
beebag posted...
Its not just getting things handed to them. Ive duped tor people and.vise versa, but i also like to farm for guns, when.i have time, cuz you know....social lives and all. Any time i see guys going hardcore on a dude for duping, i am really just seeing the sad cries of a virgin.

It's as if you think you're suppose to devote your life and all your time to getting a single legendary weapon.

Yeah so...while you're trying to understand the logic of his post, I've been curious about the logic of yours. I even submitted a few quick questions for you. I'd be awesome if you got right on that. Thanks.
---
GT: Liquid x Havok
#24Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/11/2012 9:16:33 PM
lmao @ this thread

"guise im bored cuz someone dupped me everything and now i have no reason to play. anybody want me to ruin their games too?"
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 6-3
#25beebagPosted 11/11/2012 9:21:31 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
beebag posted...

Umm completley the opposite. Alot of OTHERS seem to think they need to devote their lives...hence my virgin remark? And i believe this game is meant to be somthing enjoyable for spare time, not a life style....little slow there arent ya
---
GT: bee bag
#26PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 9:26:54 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...

1. How did you know that you received a "counterfeit" (and I'm sorry, but it's hilarious that you used that term to describe video game guns) gun for your "legit" gun?

A. I noticed he had the same gun in his hand during our trade, but I assume he had a second just like I did.

B. When i came back to the boards he bumped his topic and added my weapons to his list of "trades" along with the weapons he "traded" to me..

2. How, exactly, was your lot "lost?" Are you referring to the idea that now that your gun is in the hands of a duper, it stops being legit? Even though you know you farmed it?

I had an Corrosive Original Deliverance and now I don't. I GAVE it away in that "trade", you know the literal term. Not the term dupers use which actually means copied.

3. How does duping made trading more difficult? There's even an in-game system that allows you to trade, and it seems pretty straightforward. I've also seen tons of "trade not dupe" topics on this board, so I doubt the community for trading doesn't exist.

Those are not really "trade" topics, proven by my experience. I'm not going to keep giving my stuff away to people for nothing in exchange.

4. As a duper, what basic concepts do you feel that I lack?

The lack the ability to comprehend the rules and principals behind this type of game. You lack the ability to comprehend what makes up an economic system based around trading and rarity. You lack the ability to comprehend how using exploits in an multiplayer game can effect other players. You lack the ability to comprehend the meaning of "value."

---
#27FalloutgenuisPosted 11/11/2012 9:27:32 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...

1. How did you know that you received a "counterfeit" (and I'm sorry, but it's hilarious that you used that term to describe video game guns) gun for your "legit" gun?

A. I noticed he had the same gun in his hand during our trade, but I assume he had a second just like I did.

B. When i came back to the boards he bumped his topic and added my weapons to his list of "trades" along with the weapons he "traded" to me..

2. How, exactly, was your lot "lost?" Are you referring to the idea that now that your gun is in the hands of a duper, it stops being legit? Even though you know you farmed it?

I had an Corrosive Original Deliverance and now I don't. I GAVE it away in that "trade", you know the literal term. Not the term dupers use which actually means copied.

3. How does duping made trading more difficult? There's even an in-game system that allows you to trade, and it seems pretty straightforward. I've also seen tons of "trade not dupe" topics on this board, so I doubt the community for trading doesn't exist.

Those are not really "trade" topics, proven by my experience. I'm not going to keep giving my stuff away to people for nothing in exchange.

The lack the ability to comprehend the rules and principals behind this type of game. You lack the ability to comprehend what makes up an economic system based around trading and rarity. You lack the ability to comprehend how using exploits in an multiplayer game can effect other players. You lack the ability to comprehend the meaning of "value."

What rules?
---
Wub!
#28PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 9:27:46 PM
beebag posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
beebag posted...

Umm completley the opposite. Alot of OTHERS seem to think they need to devote their lives...hence my virgin remark? And i believe this game is meant to be somthing enjoyable for spare time, not a life style....little slow there arent ya

Who said you need to devote your life to this game?

I'll wait...
---
#29PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 9:37:29 PM
Falloutgenuis posted...

What rules?

If you kill an enemy or open a chest you get sets of loot based on certain parameters which are affected by an RNG. Certain enemies have better odds than others, certain enemies drop certain things.

Within the rules or parameters of the game you kill these enemies to get these weapons. Or you make trades with people for the things of equal or lesser value.

At this point in the games lifetime the rules or parameters have been broken. Most of the legendaries have not been obtained via normal game play. People have stepped outside of the normal parameters of game play via Modding & Duping.

If people want to play the game in a way it wasn't made to be played that's fine solo or with friends who enjoy the same thing. But when people go out of their way to make the abnormal way of play the norm for everyone that is wrong.

I bought Borderlands to hunt loot and make trades in a similar fashion to Diablo games. I can't trade with myself. And loot hunting is fun for awhile solo but I'd really like to be able to just jump online and enjoy the game with other people.

I did not buy Borderlands to boost to max Prestige and have all the best gear handed to me so I can run around in a party chat steam rolling enemies talking about fantasy football and Zombies.
---
#30JPhoenix985Posted 11/11/2012 9:40:19 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
JPhoenix985 posted...

Oh god I literally just laughed myself off of my couch. Your butthurt is so, so awesome. I'll keep this rolling though. Please, please explain to me where there is listed a set of rules and principles specifically for Borderlands 2. Yeah, I'll wait.

In reality, your concept of "rules and principles" is nothing more than a bloated sense of self righteous crap. Bro, this is a video game. it's not real life. The fact that your argument centers around your own personal belief in the idea that there exists an actual economic system in a video game is fantastic. What's even better is that you truly feel a need to enforce your beliefs on others who deviate from YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS, and to judge them negatively. In all honesty, I am , in fact, quite aware of what I'm doing when I'm duping. I comprehend everything you say I don't. I just don't give two craps about how it may or may not indirectly affect you. Furthermore, I have a perfect sense of value. I have most of the legendaries, and it's awesome. Other people want them. I give them to other people. It's like, winning the lottery and just giving a ton of money away to less fortunate people because you CAN.

In this sense, that'd be like me giving people money and you arguing that because I've given away so much money, not only is the money YOU have is less valuable, working for it doesn't feel as good anymore because other people are getting money for free.
---
GT: Liquid x Havok