bored in borderlands

#31PensatoPosted 11/11/2012 9:50:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#32FalloutgenuisPosted 11/11/2012 9:53:34 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Falloutgenuis posted...

What rules?

If you kill an enemy or open a chest you get sets of loot based on certain parameters which are affected by an RNG. Certain enemies have better odds than others, certain enemies drop certain things.

Within the rules or parameters of the game you kill these enemies to get these weapons. Or you make trades with people for the things of equal or lesser value.

At this point in the games lifetime the rules or parameters have been broken. Most of the legendaries have not been obtained via normal game play. People have stepped outside of the normal parameters of game play via Modding & Duping.

If people want to play the game in a way it wasn't made to be played that's fine solo or with friends who enjoy the same thing. But when people go out of their way to make the abnormal way of play the norm for everyone that is wrong.

I bought Borderlands to hunt loot and make trades in a similar fashion to Diablo games. I can't trade with myself. And loot hunting is fun for awhile solo but I'd really like to be able to just jump online and enjoy the game with other people.

I did not buy Borderlands to boost to max Prestige and have all the best gear handed to me so I can run around in a party chat steam rolling enemies talking about fantasy football and Zombies.

Am I going to be in trouble for breaking these rules? If so what is my penalty? Also where does all butt hurt come from? Mexico possibly? Sorry for all the questions, it would be great if you could answer them for me.
---
Wub!
#33xCapnCookxPosted 11/11/2012 9:56:09 PM
hi
---
Catch a Ride --- Scooter
#34FalloutgenuisPosted 11/11/2012 10:00:16 PM
xCapnCookx posted...
hi

Hi! How are you?
---
Wub!
#35PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 10:04:09 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...

Oh god I literally just laughed myself off of my couch. Your butthurt is so, so awesome. I'll keep this rolling though. Please, please explain to me where there is listed a set of rules and principles specifically for Borderlands 2. Yeah, I'll wait.

Immaturity. If I have to explain to you "where" the rules are you don't understand the concept of behind a "game."

If you want to play any game any way you want just use your imagination. You can make your own game inside your head.

<>In reality, your concept of "rules and principles" is nothing more than a bloated sense of self righteous crap.

In reality, where is Pandora? In reality how often to people burst open and spray bullets and guns everywhere after being shot. These are the rules and logic in a fantasy world.

And there's nothing self righteous about what I'm saying. You don't goto a public park onto a public basketball court and then join a public game of basketball and start making up your own rules for the game.

Bro, this is a video game. it's not real life. The fact that your argument centers around your own personal belief in the idea that there exists an actual economic system in a video game is fantastic.

Your argument centers around your imagination and the fact that you believe if you can do it, that is how it is suppose to be. Even when you don't understand what you're doing...

What's even better is that you truly feel a need to enforce your beliefs on others who deviate from YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS, and to judge them negatively.

I'm "enforcing"? I'm discussing and voicing my opinion. You lack the comprehension of what a discussion is. This is a forum for discussion.

And i'm judging you objectively. You really truly show that you don't understand a lot of things this game was built around. It's not IMO, you're responses show you do not understand.

In all honesty, I am , in fact, quite aware of what I'm doing when I'm duping. I comprehend everything you say I don't. I just don't give two craps about how it may or may not indirectly affect you. Furthermore, I have a perfect sense of value. I have most of the legendaries, and it's awesome.

You have no concept of value. If you did you'd realize the value of each weapon is set by in game logic and rules. Rarity reflects the weapons value. Duplicated legendary weapons are not rare. I can easily go make a LF topic and have everything you have and then some. Mass duping has destroyed the value of loot in this game.

Other people want them. I give them to other people. It's like, winning the lottery and just giving a ton of money away to less fortunate people because you CAN.

No it's like banks passing out millions of dollars of counterfeit cash to anyone who asks for it.

In this sense, that'd be like me giving people money and you arguing that because I've given away so much money, not only is the money YOU have is less valuable, working for it doesn't feel as good anymore because other people are getting money for free.

You really have no idea how economics works...-_-

---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#36PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 10:05:23 PM
Falloutgenuis posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Falloutgenuis posted...

What rules?

If you kill an enemy or open a chest you get sets of loot based on certain parameters which are affected by an RNG. Certain enemies have better odds than others, certain enemies drop certain things.

Within the rules or parameters of the game you kill these enemies to get these weapons. Or you make trades with people for the things of equal or lesser value.

At this point in the games lifetime the rules or parameters have been broken. Most of the legendaries have not been obtained via normal game play. People have stepped outside of the normal parameters of game play via Modding & Duping.

If people want to play the game in a way it wasn't made to be played that's fine solo or with friends who enjoy the same thing. But when people go out of their way to make the abnormal way of play the norm for everyone that is wrong.

I bought Borderlands to hunt loot and make trades in a similar fashion to Diablo games. I can't trade with myself. And loot hunting is fun for awhile solo but I'd really like to be able to just jump online and enjoy the game with other people.

I did not buy Borderlands to boost to max Prestige and have all the best gear handed to me so I can run around in a party chat steam rolling enemies talking about fantasy football and Zombies.

Am I going to be in trouble for breaking these rules? If so what is my penalty? Also where does all butt hurt come from? Mexico possibly? Sorry for all the questions, it would be great if you could answer them for me.

No you won't be in trouble at all. Especially if you play by yourself or with others who accept how you play.

But when you go online with people you don't know and force your play style on them when it's outside of what's normal it can be annoying.
---
#37PanopictonguyPosted 11/11/2012 10:09:03 PM
Pensato posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
No one's calling anyone a bad person. But I can see most dupers (specifically people who believe they need everything to enjoy the game) are extremely immature and lack comprehension of simple concepts.

I see most dupers coming on saying they will help others get what they are looking for.

I see most ant-dupers coming on attacking dupers. Like you, calling players who engage in a different playstyle than you immature. Which is of course immature.

Then the dupers feel they have defend themselves instead of just ignoring the hypocritical fascist.

If you guys would just worry about how you handle your own cocks instead of feeling the need to tell everyone else how to hold their cocks like you, these incredibly idiotic posts wouldn't be around.

JPhoenix985 posted...
Nope. But be careful, you've now attracted the attention of the legions of anti-dupers on this board that are going to tell you you're ruining their games by duping. Ready yourself.

So you're saying that's not an immature response to the opening post?

JPhoenix985 posted...

A wild anti-duper appears! The duper, having not actually done anything wrong, uses no one cares about what you think and keep your personal opinions to yourself!

It's wildly effective!

And here. we. go.

And here's another.These are some great ways to have a mature discussion.
---
#38JPhoenix985Posted 11/11/2012 11:18:30 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Pensato posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
No one's calling anyone a bad person. But I can see most dupers (specifically people who believe they need everything to enjoy the game) are extremely immature and lack comprehension of simple concepts.

I see most dupers coming on saying they will help others get what they are looking for.

I see most ant-dupers coming on attacking dupers. Like you, calling players who engage in a different playstyle than you immature. Which is of course immature.

Then the dupers feel they have defend themselves instead of just ignoring the hypocritical fascist.

If you guys would just worry about how you handle your own cocks instead of feeling the need to tell everyone else how to hold their cocks like you, these incredibly idiotic posts wouldn't be around.

JPhoenix985 posted...
Nope. But be careful, you've now attracted the attention of the legions of anti-dupers on this board that are going to tell you you're ruining their games by duping. Ready yourself.

So you're saying that's not an immature response to the opening post?

JPhoenix985 posted...

A wild anti-duper appears! The duper, having not actually done anything wrong, uses no one cares about what you think and keep your personal opinions to yourself!

It's wildly effective!

And here. we. go.

And here's another.These are some great ways to have a mature discussion.

This is goltden. We started out talking about duping, and now apparently I'm being lectured on how much I don't understand things like video game economics. Some people, I tell ya.

My first comment you have here was nowhere near immature. It was simple and factual. The TC had no idea what he was getting into. My second comment there? Aha, that was
purely entertainment value. Can't really defend it, and I won't because it was awesome. Am I immature because I dupe? Nah, don't think so. Do I enjoy having a good laugh at other people's expenses on boards sometimes? Oh, you bet. (Hint: this is totally one of those times, I'm still laughing at your butthurt)

Secondly, and here's where I love this, you went and found my other recent posts on duping in other threads. That, my friend, is impressive. You win all the internets.

Thirdly, I just literally spent the past hour joining random games and duping all my legendary guns and mods. And you know what? I got like 15 messages from random people saying thank you, and it was fantastic. No one sent me a message about breaking the "rules" of Borderlands, or how I was ruining their lives and destroying the harmony of their game by dropping guns. Looks like you're gonna have a much harder time making trades now because I've further upset the "economy" or the video game. If you're so touchy, why are you even so worried about making trades in the first place? I feel like you should "just be happy with the loot that drops." Remember that? Yeah, you said that. I'm paraphrasing, but that's besides the point. Anyways, my advice to you is to just suck it up chief. Duping isn't going to stop. It's not hurting anyone. And if I can make the game a little more fun and enjoyable for a random stranger, I'm going to do it over and over. And guess what? If you think that makes me a bad person...then, well...I don't really care.

On a side note...I'm looking for a Lvl 50 Madhous...you want to trade? I've got tons of other lvl 50's to offer. ::wink::
---
GT: Liquid x Havok
#39PanopictonguyPosted 11/12/2012 12:22:00 AM
JPhoenix985 posted...

This is goltden. We started out talking about duping, and now apparently I'm being lectured on how much I don't understand things like video game economics. Some people, I tell ya.

I responded to your questions. Why you feel lectured I have no idea. You asked for answers I gave them.

Economics = Economics

There is no difference between video game and real world economics.

My first comment you have here was nowhere near immature. It was simple and factual. The TC had no idea what he was getting into.

You do realize the majority of this topic is people responding to you right? You're opening statements were exaggerated and immature.You essentially provoked arguments with th people responding to you in this thread. Which by definition is trolling.

My second comment there? Aha, that was purely entertainment value. Can't really defend it, and I won't because it was awesome. Am I immature because I dupe? Nah, don't think so.

You're maturity has nothing to do with what you do, what you do has to do with you're maturity. There just happens to be a trend between people who are immature, feeling entitled, and duping. Not all dupers are immature, and not all immature people are dupers. But there is a trend.

Do I enjoy having a good laugh at other people's expenses on boards sometimes? Oh, you bet. (Hint: this is totally one of those times, I'm still laughing at your butthurt)

Blatantly admitting to trolling. And you have a very vivid imagination which is why I suggested you make your own game and own rules in your head. My text suggest no kind of emotion, but you imagine my mood to be whatever pleases you.

Secondly, and here's where I love this, you went and found my other recent posts on duping in other threads. That, my friend, is impressive. You win all the internets.

You realized I just scrolled up right? I have my post count at 50 per page. You may have to go back a page or two, but all of those post came from this one topic.

Thirdly, I just literally spent the past hour joining random games and duping all my legendary guns and mods. And you know what? I got like 15 messages from random people saying thank you, and it was fantastic.

Also something I've noticed. You mass dupers...You're seeking some kind of praise for what you do. But what you're doing is shortening the lift span of other peoples games. And it's not like you're doing something nice or actually giving. You're passing out duplicates, you lose nothing, and you gain praise. I'm sure if you didn't receive thank you messages your tune would change.

---
#40PanopictonguyPosted 11/12/2012 12:22:40 AM
JPhoenix985 posted...

No one sent me a message about breaking the "rules" of Borderlands, or how I was ruining their lives and destroying the harmony of their game by dropping guns.

Ruining lives...smh. You're so overly dramatic. The fact that they not have big set of items they no longer have to look for shortens the life span of the game for them. The fact they now have lots of OP gear reduces the challenge which also reduces the lifespan of the game. Some people don't know any better, or really didn't intend on playing this for long, so of course they'll thank you. Realisticly though, people who know the type of game this is and intend on experiencing it to the fullest wouldn't bother with the duped crap you dropped in their game.

Looks like you're gonna have a much harder time making trades now because I've further upset the "economy" or the video game. If you're so touchy, why are you even so worried about making trades in the first place? I feel like you should "just be happy with the loot that drops." Remember that?

I'm not touchy, and i'm not worried about making trades. I'm holding a discussion and voicing my opinion. The one time I did decide to trade because I have a lot of things to trade I saw exactly how screwed up things were. Trading is an element of Multiplayer, Multiplayer is a part of the game that was meant to be experienced. I can't experience that properly because of people like you...I have a problem with that.

Yeah, you said that. I'm paraphrasing, but that's besides the point. Anyways, my advice to you is to just suck it up chief. Duping isn't going to stop. It's not hurting anyone. And if I can make the game a little more fun and enjoyable for a random stranger, I'm going to do it over and over. And guess what? If you think that makes me a bad person...then, well...I don't really care.

I know duping isn't going to stop. There is literally no way to stop it without Gearbox bankrupting itself to change a loot system older than most of the people playing the game.

And if you were really concerned about making people happy you wouldn't be counting the "Thank you's." You're shortening the lifespan of their investment. The end game for this type of game is loot hunting. Without loot hunting their is no end game..

---