If Aliens Colonial Marines is like BL2...

#21AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:41:32 PM
0ld8oy posted...
Newt will be a downloadable playable character.

"They mostly come out at night... Mostly."

- Newt would be a DLC character, except due to a mishap on the XBL, the price of buying the content will somehow get mixed up so instead of five bucks, the character will cost nine-million dollars for the first day or two.

- Newt will also come with Hicks as a personal henchman. Hicks will murder everything in sight once he is summoned. However, if he is left alone just standing around he will produce a constant loud humming noise that cannot be turned off.

- Hicks will sometimes walk through walls with absolutely no problems. Canonically, this will be incorrect since Hicks does not become a ghost until the beginning of Alien 3.

- Ripley will show up and do ultimately badass deeds to help your team. However, in order for her to do so you must constantly feed her unrefined plutonium for some reason. The game will never explain why eating one of the most dangerous substances on the planet gives her such strength, not on account of any lack of time to expand on the storyline... but rather, due to Anthony Burch being assigned to write the plot and running out of room to weave any rich narrative outside of "assload of pop-culture references and brief cameo for my sister". (Note, I do not think he is actually writing the story, for those of you who do not understand sarcasm.)

- Vasquez will now be belligerently drunk at all times, and have an unhealthy fixation with birds. Also, all of her "badass hispanic woman that is tougher than any man on the squad" dialogue that made her character so iconic in the film will now be alcohol-related. In case you forget that she drinks, she will tell you how much she likes to drink, that she wishes she had a drink, the drinks are on her, and she's an even better shot when she's drinking. To further drive the point home, she will radio and tell you this every twelve seconds while you're in a certain sector of LV-426.

- Aliens will now sometimes have smaller, midget aliens riding on their backs for absolutely no reason.

- There will be sidequests. Unfortunately, they will mostly be fetch-quests and other menial errands to run. Among the most annoying of them will be Hudson's, who will require you to track down and bring him an independently-targeting particle beam phalanx, tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, sonic-electronic ball breakers, nukes, knives, and sharp sticks. In exchange for these, he will give you four-hundred bucks and a "slightly-better than regular" pulse rifle that will rendered obsolete in an hour.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#22AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 2:38:09 AM(edited)
Pensato posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
let me be the first to point out that I don't think A:CM will have any sort of loot gameplay. I haven't followed it too closely lately, so I could be wrong.

No one pointed it out because we understand TC is trying to be sarcastic.

Most people understand that I'm being sarcastic.

Other people seem to go into instant fanboy mode and spew the flames of fiery nerd-rage all over my topic the moment you poke fun at the game's programming faults or workmanship. Which is understandable: I really liked this game too... before one autosave-frozen character, another character perma-dead from graveyard.sav, and two Badass Rank resets caused by the very patches released to fix those problems. :D

I'm a huge Aliens fan, so as excited as I am about A:CM, the handling of BL2's programming errors has me quite cautious. Is it "OMFGBBQ I'M CANCELING MY PRE-ORDER!" now? No. Despite being vastly intellectually-superior to most of the people on this board (and infinitely more handsome), my game-purchasing decisions are stubborn and completely idiotic, so I still intend on picking up the game day one.

That same questionable judgment comes into play with BL2. Most people who've had their progress wrecked like I have would trade the game in. I still got faith that regardless of whatever Amateur Night is being held to code these patches, Gearbox can and will get its crap together. So I'm hanging onto my copy of the game... just not making any more characters until the BA Rank bug is fixed.
---
#23AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:39:34 PM
- Any problems in the game will be a quick and easy fix for PS3 and PC customers. However, whenever something like "my characters are getting erased" occurs for 360 players will get to sit around and wait for a week on account of Microsoft.
---
#24cosmic_assassinPosted 11/14/2012 12:07:19 AM
GAME OVER MAn.....GAME OVER
#25TonberryPunchPosted 11/14/2012 12:51:53 AM
It sounds like someone is hurt in here!

Should I call the waaambulance?
#26AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 2:02:10 AM
TonberryPunch posted...

Nah, I got plenty of band-aids. Better luck next time.

Just callin' it like I see it with BL2's issues, but thanks for keeping my topic bumped. :)
---
#27FrEshBrEadStiCkPosted 11/14/2012 2:21:20 AM
Last I heard, none of the cast of Aliens was gonna be in the game, apart from multiplayer. And Hicks, Vasquez, Hudson, and Ripley are dead by the time this takes place, IIRC, haven't seen the movies for awhile.

For the record, I know this is a joke topic. At least make it believeable man ;)
---
Speed is relative. Floor it.
#28Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/14/2012 3:18:13 AM
TonberryPunch posted...

---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#29Bob_EsrockPosted 11/14/2012 5:02:26 AM
This topic is too silly to be sarcastic. :P
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#30EntropianPosted 11/14/2012 6:26:07 AM
I feel for you TC. There is no excuse for releasing a $60 title that is full of so many horrible bugs. This game made me very weary of purchasing anything gearbox does in the future.
---
The opposite of congress must be progress.