Pretty sure Bunker doesn't drop rare heads ...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Pretty sure Bunker doesn't drop rare heads ...
3 years ago#1
Alright I know he does but still well over 24 hours of farming Bunker and I still haven't seen a single head for any class let alone Axton's (which is the one I'm most interested in). Really gearbox? Common I can understand low drop rates but this is just pure craziness.
3 years ago#2
You didn't get them because they're rare. >_>
---
Unce unce unce wub wub wub woop woop
3 years ago#3
I get the rare thing now for sure .. but they could at least give me the ones I don't want so I can be mad about getting them instead of the one I want right?
3 years ago#4
Did you ever play FFXII? That one made me despise % chance drops. A chest had a 10% chance of spawning and had like a 1% chance of having the Item I wanted to get....Borderlands has a fixed chance, its not like the enemy has a % chance of even being there(cept Verm). I found its best to take a break every once in a while and go do something else. When you come back it wont be so bad.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
3 years ago#5
I can see that being a pain as well
3 years ago#6
The worst thing about a fixed statistic is this, and I'll illustrate it in the form of an example. If you flip a coin it's 50/50. Lets say you get a heads. What's the chance you get a heads next time? 50/50. and the third time, just as likely to get heads again. You could heads for ten throws in a row and it would still be 50/50. The pattern isn't there untill you have a large data set, say over 1000 attempts. So if a, item drop is 1%, that doesn't mean that you'll get it once every hundred times, only that everytime you role the dice you've a 99% change of not getting it that time and a 99% change of not getting it the next. but after 1000 attempts you're likely to have gotten one or more of those heads on ten occasions ;) Yay!! isn't math encouraging?
3 years ago#7
i farmed him for weeks with not a single head WEEKS... but last week a friend and i put it on normal farmed him that way for a bit and he has dropped the baron twice unreality twice and digitized death once since thursday still no commando or siren but in just a few days i got 3 different heads from him.
3 years ago#8
I was messing around with the PC version of the game with cheat engine and using the tables provided it seems that the drop rates were incredibly low.

I think it went along the lines like
white: 200
green:10
blue:1
purple:0.1
orange: 0.001

Or something like that.

(if anyone is angry that I used cheats to increase drop rates, well after completing 3 characters in TVHM I think it is reasonable to want to get the best items on subsequent runs)
3 years ago#9
drake_skull posted...
Did you ever play FFXII? That one made me despise % chance drops. A chest had a 10% chance of spawning and had like a 1% chance of having the Item I wanted to get....Borderlands has a fixed chance, its not like the enemy has a % chance of even being there(cept Verm). I found its best to take a break every once in a while and go do something else. When you come back it wont be so bad.

my god dont remind me i spent days getting the tournesol
---
Not changing this sig until Elijah Burke is a champion
Started on 5/10/2008
3 years ago#10
drake_skull posted...
its not like the enemy has a % chance of even being there(cept Verm).

Ummm...Donkey Mong, King Mong, Pimon, Tumbaa. That's just off the top of my head lol.

But point made, not NEAR as bad as FF got. hence the reason I abandoned that series.
RIP decent Final Fantasy games. Your story ended at 8.
---
" Dibs on the Vaults"
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Pretty sure Bunker doesn't drop rare heads ...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived