The Bee is getting nerfed

#41capnovanPosted 11/13/2012 6:21:06 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Prediction: modded weapons will potentially increase as a result

yep
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#42Nintendo guyPosted 11/13/2012 6:34:40 PM(edited)
Narugarex13 posted...
Nintendo guy posted...
While I don't really think the damage needed to be nerfed, the amp damage being applied to every pellet from shotguns was obviously broken and not working as intended. Anyone who defends the fix is what's wrong with video games.

So... farming for "the perfect bee" with at least 50k amp damage with short recharge delay and cap for hours is wrong? Some people put effort and time to get the preferable bee variant and as op as it was, it made the farming all that more worthwhile.

True that the bee & cc combo is game breaking but quite honestly, why do people have to persist on "challenge" all the time? My first 20ish terra kills before the bee&cc combo were discovered went quite quickly with my friends and getting the bee and cc to drop from respective bosses for each of us completely defined how worthwhile the farming was.

As of now, the "superbosses" are still easy enough with the bee nerf and what not so I don't really see any point of "nerfing" the shield itself. The amp damage affecting each pellet er shot might've been a miscalculation by the devs but most of us sure as hell welcome it as a fine reward in getting the shield itself. If anything, the whole nerfing thing kinda feels the devs are trying too hard to make the game an mmorpg.

TVH was quite a challenge first time around, getting the lvl50 "perfect bee" and cc with 7 pellets were the bomb in borderlands2 journey on my end, being Godly as a reward. Now it's rather pointless.

What's wrong with video games are that some people boast on how "good" they are in games hence the insane lust for "challenge" while in the end, video games are meant to be fun instead of a freak fest of "hardcore fanboys". Some play games for the experience, be it casual or challenging and are open to any kinds of rewarding experience.

Your argument about the Bee being a reward for hours spent farming is kind of invalidated by the fact that most people just get the items duped for them, which takes no time or effort at all. Maybe if people had no choice but to farm or trade for them, it would be a neat little oversight those lucky few could take advantage of, and wouldn't be so bad. As it is, however, nothing that's rare in this game is actually rare, and it tends to ruin the multiplayer experience when most of the people are running around trivializing everything with broken stuff.

Also this assumption people seem to have these days that the "hardcore" gamers who want a challenge only do so for e-peen reasons is pretty asinine. You have to understand that not everyone gets enjoyment out of mind-numbingly easy games. I would think most adults in general would want something to be challenging, to stimulate thought, promote problem-solving and theory-crafting. Most mainstream games these days fail to do this almost entirely, and allow you to complete them by sitting half-asleep on your couch, twiddling your thumbs. There's nothing wrong with being a casual gamer and enjoying easy games, but insulting people who want challenge is being pretty short-sighted.
#43MrImpatient35Posted 11/13/2012 6:33:45 PM
Any idea when this will come to Xbox 360? I gotta kill Hyperius before they nerf the bee. That guy is tough lol. Had to dupe my Baby Maker just for him.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#44kiwimyweeweePosted 11/13/2012 6:37:34 PM
and1ballr posted...
Any idea when this will come to Xbox 360? I gotta kill Hyperius before they nerf the bee. That guy is tough lol. Had to dupe my Baby Maker just for him.

At least not for awhile. If I had to guess it would be when the next dlc drops.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#45liinnPosted 11/13/2012 6:44:12 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't understand why people play multi player games and feel the things they do in multi player doesn't effect other people. It doesn't matter if it's coop or competitive. If you jump into games with random people you don't know your actions affect then indirectly.

Why is this so hard to understand. This is a fact. It is an undeniable fact that the actions you take around people affect them indirectly.

Exactly.
#46borochadwicsaysPosted 11/13/2012 7:28:05 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't understand why people play multi player games and feel the things they do in multi player doesn't effect other people. It doesn't matter if it's coop or competitive. If you jump into games with random people you don't know your actions affect then indirectly.

Why is this so hard to understand. This is a fact. It is an undeniable fact that the actions you take around people affect them indirectly.

You do an artful job (like any good debater) of only stating the truth. But it still doesn't address the issue. You choose to play multiplayer with random people; those people should be able to choose whichever weapons they want. If I use the Bee, boot me. I shouldn't have to alter how I built my character and spent 50 hours framing for equipment that is now useless. Just don't play with random people. Play solo! Why should I have to just to play how I want? There's no online scores or something.

And what about solo players? You don't address that a whole sect of people don't play multiplayer. A lot who are probably underrepresented here, but still count just as much as you. Just because more people can hear your voice doesn't make thou right.
#47kiwimyweeweePosted 11/13/2012 7:45:38 PM
Prediction #2: lf flakker and pitchfork topics will increase

Well not really a prediction just been doing some reading.
---
#48PanopictonguyPosted 11/13/2012 8:03:32 PM
borochadwicsays posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

You do an artful job (like any good debater) of only stating the truth. But it still doesn't address the issue. You choose to play multiplayer with random people; those people should be able to choose whichever weapons they want. If I use the Bee, boot me. I shouldn't have to alter how I built my character and spent 50 hours framing for equipment that is now useless. Just don't play with random people. Play solo! Why should I have to just to play how I want? There's no online scores or something.

And what about solo players? You don't address that a whole sect of people don't play multiplayer. A lot who are probably underrepresented here, but still count just as much as you. Just because more people can hear your voice doesn't make thou right.

The real issue is the lack of consideration of online players. I can guarantee gearbox would not have rebalanced the bee if people were considerate enough to not jump in random peoples games steam rolling. Patches cost money, if there wasn't an outcry from the fanbase gearbox would not have wasted the money to patch these things.

All it took was people saying "is it ok if I do x" in your game. It's hard to tell if a player is gong to do something you don't like without actually seeing them do it.

People play public games because they want to enjoy the multiplayer component. An issue comes in when that is made hard because of things that were not intended. If that's how you wanna play that's fine. Just be considerate of the people who's game you drop into.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#49kiwimyweeweePosted 11/13/2012 8:22:33 PM
Maybe, just maybe, it was an oversight by gearbox and they wanted it fixed in their game and it had nothing to do with people complaining or abusing it.

Maybe.
---
#50PanopictonguyPosted 11/13/2012 8:26:55 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Maybe, just maybe, it was an oversight by gearbox and they wanted it fixed in their game and it had nothing to do with people complaining or abusing it.

Maybe.

could be possible. It probably would have remained an oversight if people didn't go crazy with it online. There are still a few lesser known glitches that completely destroy balance that were not patched.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8