How do you moonshot farm exactly?

#1NomnautPosted 11/13/2012 6:58:25 PM
Topic
---
PSN: dax552
XBLA: Dragon Hookers
#2liinnPosted 11/13/2012 8:10:46 PM
The set up:

Kill Warrior in story mission. Do not moonshoot Warrior at the console. Go jump off the cliff and die. Upon spawning, quit via game menu to save progress. Exit to XMB. ( Optional: backup your file to USB thumb drive )

Moonshooting:

1. Load game.
2. Add a splitscreen 2nd player. Let the newly added 2nd player moonshoot Warrior and collect the loot.
3. Access 2p's menu, disable/enable badass points with "triangle" to trigger a save on 2p only. You should see the save icon flashing, and only on 2p.
4. Use 1p to exit to XMB, thereby not saving any progress.

Repeat 1 to 4.

If you made a mistake, copy your backup file from USB to PS3.
#3Dagoth_WitPosted 11/13/2012 8:37:42 PM
liinn posted...
The set up:

Kill Warrior in story mission. Do not moonshoot Warrior at the console. Go jump off the cliff and die. Upon spawning, quit via game menu to save progress. Exit to XMB. ( Optional: backup your file to USB thumb drive )

Moonshooting:

1. Load game.
2. Add a splitscreen 2nd player. Let the newly added 2nd player moonshoot Warrior and collect the loot.
3. Access 2p's menu, disable/enable badass points with "triangle" to trigger a save on 2p only. You should see the save icon flashing, and only on 2p.
4. Use 1p to exit to XMB, thereby not saving any progress.

Repeat 1 to 4.

If you made a mistake, copy your backup file from USB to PS3.

Or if you have a friend that would like to power level, have him join during stage 2. He uses the moonshot and collects the stuff plus eridium for a new character. He saves and quits. You dashboard.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#4liinnPosted 11/13/2012 8:42:05 PM
Yes. And that will be doing two things at once. My description is for solo.
#5Dagoth_WitPosted 11/13/2012 8:47:34 PM
I understood what you were saying. I was only giving another option.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#6liinnPosted 11/13/2012 8:49:54 PM
I agree. And I think it's a much better option. And It's super great you pointed that out.

I was pointing out I forgot to mention what I should have stated.
#7JarlinoPosted 11/14/2012 5:28:58 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you have to die first, instead of saving and quitting out when you have to press the moonshot console?
#8R of The NestPosted 11/14/2012 5:38:14 AM
Jarlino posted...
Out of curiosity, why do you have to die first, instead of saving and quitting out when you have to press the moonshot console?

You don't. Just save and quit.
---
"You're breaking the game, dude!" - Borderlands 2's 'Gaige', on getting too many Anarchy stacks
#9LAphoticLPosted 11/14/2012 5:57:00 AM
bc the save and quit on p1 would send u back to the start of heros pass as the travel point is not a forward/backward one so u cant load spawn to it
but if u die it saves that that was your progress, and then u dashboard/sign out and the game loads the last save
i imagine the original idea behind this was if pwr went out or something and u killed him and couldnt save after u wouldnt have to run all the way back
but u can do the same setup with wilhelm
#10ZardoZsaysPosted 11/14/2012 6:15:36 AM
LAphoticL posted...
bc the save and quit on p1 would send u back to the start of heros pass as the travel point is not a forward/backward one so u cant load spawn to it
but if u die it saves that that was your progress, and then u dashboard/sign out and the game loads the last save
i imagine the original idea behind this was if pwr went out or something and u killed him and couldnt save after u wouldnt have to run all the way back
but u can do the same setup with wilhelm

??? Maybe on ps3 this weirdness happens... we load in at the store in the vault.(perhaps you ran past without triggering the save point or something.)

1) Beat Warrior
2) save/exit before moonshot
3) Reload splitscreen with p2
4) moonshot and loot with p2
5) save exit p2
6) signout/dashboard p1 without saving