Gearboxs' laziness is to blame for all the duping.

#1pro9b17Posted 11/13/2012 6:52:54 PM(edited)
This is a classic case of fixing something that wasn't broken. The loot drop rate in BL1 was excellent. Gearbox f***ed it up by making drops significantly more rare in BL2. People don't enjoy having to farm a boss for six hours before it finally drops a legendary. People also don't like the fact that chest runs are useless, since about 98% of the time, chests don't have decent items. People also don't like going on vending machine runs, since vending machines are just about as pointless as chests. They never have good items.

So instead of being angry at what other people are doing, point your blame to Gearbox. They made all these changes simply to make everything extremely inconvenient (in an obvious attempt to make the game feel more difficult), and they failed miserably.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 11/13/2012 6:55:10 PM
People still duped to hell and back in the first game.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#3Surv1valismPosted 11/13/2012 7:00:29 PM
I honestly don't believe they care about duping...and even put it in on purpose. Was never fixed in p1 will never be fixed here.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#4Atma2862Posted 11/13/2012 7:24:53 PM
pro9b17 posted...
This is a classic case of fixing something that wasn't broken. The loot drop rate in BL1 was excellent. Gearbox f***ed it up by making drops significantly more rare in BL2. People don't enjoy having to farm a boss for six hours before it finally drops a legendary. People also don't like the fact that chest runs are useless, since about 98% of the time, chests don't have decent items. People also don't like going on vending machine runs, since vending machines are just about as pointless as chests. They never have good items.

So instead of being angry at what other people are doing, point your blame to Gearbox. They made all these changes simply to make everything extremely inconvenient (in an obvious attempt to make the game feel more difficult), and they failed miserably.

First off you say "people don't" alot but what you main is you don't like.
and you really can't fix duping in any game, if people want to do it they will just like in fable 3.
as for the farming 6+ hour try playing FF11. then and only then can you complain about the drop rate.
the idea was to get people to trade with other people, making new friends and not being so anti social.
---
GT = Atma 2862
#5drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 7:26:00 PM
You cant stop duping. They disabled the popular duping method from BL1, when the host kicks you in this one it saves so your totally wrong about that but there isnt anything they can do about dashboarding. That is an Xbox OS feature that they have no control of. They cant force a save before that because if they did if power was lost or something the console shut off it would corrupt the save. How do you propose they block duping?
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#6DR_PariahPosted 11/13/2012 7:27:42 PM
they tried to fix duping, now you're whining about how they failed.

If they had done absolutely nothing and kept the loot system the same, the community would whine that the game was exactly the same.

We're impossible to please.
#7killbot357Posted 11/13/2012 7:29:55 PM
This is a great post! Duping was never a problem in the first game.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#8drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 7:33:33 PM
killbot357 posted...

Until some random joins your game and drops modded gear and shields. There were items that once picked up you could not drop. Not a problem?
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#9Atma2862Posted 11/13/2012 7:37:26 PM
killbot357 posted...

I for one can't see a problem duping in any game,
does it make "YOUR" game alittle easy? no not really. why? caz im most cases people still trade for things they want. even thou they don't lose anything just get more.
now for kind people that just give away the stuff, no one is making you take it right?
---
GT = Atma 2862
#10Atma2862Posted 11/13/2012 7:44:33 PM
drake_skull posted...
killbot357 posted...

Until some random joins your game and drops modded gear and shields. There were items that once picked up you could not drop. Not a problem?

ok now i agree with the modding part. i don't like it and i wish it could be stopped in every game. but the sad fact is. it can't.
people will find a way to do it.
but just look before you pick things up. know the gear out there if you see a non-ele Slagga don't pick it up.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." Albert Einstein.
---
GT = Atma 2862