Duping can't be stopped?

#1fredbeatswilmaPosted 11/13/2012 8:38:15 PM
Vault hunter's relic?
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#2BridlingPosted 11/13/2012 9:20:13 PM
I don't think it can be dropped, but it can be created.
---
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96_zps0ffebfc8.gif
#3fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:21:41 PM
Bridling posted...
I don't think it can be dropped, but it can be created.

Yeah you can create it but not drop or trade it to dupe it though.
---
#4drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 9:25:37 PM
The game is meant to have a social aspect. No trading would break that. There really would be no point to playing MP at that point. Currently the MP is based on Sharing loot with your questing friends but if you cant share loot whats the point of playing MP at all? Weapon stats dont change, the only thing that changes is maybe a very small increase to the % chance for better loot.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#5fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:35:20 PM
drake_skull posted...
The game is meant to have a social aspect. No trading would break that. There really would be no point to playing MP at that point. Currently the MP is based on Sharing loot with your questing friends but if you cant share loot whats the point of playing MP at all? Weapon stats dont change, the only thing that changes is maybe a very small increase to the % chance for better loot.

The point is to play a video game online with other people. It worked really well with Castlevania Harmony of Despair. No trading and separate drops. Community all played just to play the game and get drops while doing it. Generally everyone was nice. It was actually cooperative based solely on game play. and working together to get rare drops.

Trading isn't the only social aspect of this game. Maybe working together for a common goal is a better social aspect.

Add separate drops to eliminate greed mainly.
---
#6fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:40:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 9:48:31 PM
So a loot based game shouldnt have a way to share loot...Sharing loot makes playing as a community worth while. Not being able to share loot makes playing with others less appealing. This game is meant to be like Diablo with loot, trade to get better loot from others.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
#8fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:13:39 PM
drake_skull posted...
So a loot based game shouldnt have a way to share loot...Sharing loot makes playing as a community worth while. Not being able to share loot makes playing with others less appealing. This game is meant to be like Diablo with loot, trade to get better loot from others.

Playing the actual game as a community, with less cheating and screwing over other players, is more important than trading will ever be.
---
#9drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 10:17:31 PM
There would not be less cheating. People would still mod. If you are not playing with randoms then you wont likely be screwed over on loot either.
---
#10fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:26:03 PM(edited)
drake_skull posted...
There would not be less cheating. People would still mod. If you are not playing with randoms then you wont likely be screwed over on loot either.

It shouldn't be a concern if I want to play with randoms. You should be able to just pick up a game without worrying am I going to be kicked after I kill a boss or do I have to rush the pile to pick up what's good? You shouldn't have to set up play dates with people and fill out personal ads just to play a video game.

You could recognize who was using modded weapons easily like you can in this one and then boot which is still an option. in this game now.

You would have to actually mod yourself. Not many people mod and most mods in the first game were wide spread by duping.

Modding is the least of my concern in this game when I play with randoms.
---