Duping can't be stopped?

#11drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 11:38:26 PM
Your ignoring basic human nature to argue your point. The formula for this game is the same as Diablo or WOW, loot is king and better loot is better. No trading would ruin this formula. Yes it can be argued that duping defeats the purpose of the game but completely removing the ability to share gear with others would do more damage than what you want to fix. Instead let me offer different paths that Gearbox could take to reduce Duping: Golden chest has 30% chance to give Legendary weapon. Drop rate raised to 10% on legendaries. Of course these are just a few ideas but I think you are attacking a china shop with a raging bull with your solution.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#12fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:42:50 PM
I'm not ignoring basic human nature. I'm trying to stop it. People will do whatever when there is nothing stopping them. You can't depend on morals sadly you need laws.

Trading is not more important than playing a video game without having your fellow cooperative member screwing you over. It should be fair. That's what cooperative should be. I would gladly sacrifice trading for it.

Equal playing ground for everyone is fair.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#13liinnPosted 11/13/2012 11:46:58 PM
OP, I see your point. But that was achieved by having it not being able to drop. Can't do that to other items, can we?
#14fredbeatswilma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:48:35 PM
liinn posted...
OP, I see your point. But that was achieved by having it not being able to drop. Can't do that to other items, can we?

Don't see why not? Once in inventory it locks.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#15drake_skullPosted 11/13/2012 11:53:04 PM
I dont think the relic is locked into the inventory, I think its not tied to a model so it doesn't exist outside your inventory. I somehow managed to accidentally swap it for another relic on one of my characters with a full inventory and it was just gone. Actually making stuff undroppable would be very troublesome for people who like to pick things up because there are not shops in every single corner and someone like me who almost always has a full inventory would have to travel back to a shop to get rid of the crap I didnt need anymore.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#16PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 1:19:11 AM
fredbeatswilma posted...
drake_skull posted...
The game is meant to have a social aspect. No trading would break that. There really would be no point to playing MP at that point. Currently the MP is based on Sharing loot with your questing friends but if you cant share loot whats the point of playing MP at all? Weapon stats dont change, the only thing that changes is maybe a very small increase to the % chance for better loot.

The point is to play a video game online with other people. It worked really well with Castlevania Harmony of Despair. No trading and separate drops. Community all played just to play the game and get drops while doing it. Generally everyone was nice. It was actually cooperative based solely on game play. and working together to get rare drops.

Trading isn't the only social aspect of this game. Maybe working together for a common goal is a better social aspect.

Add separate drops to eliminate greed mainly.

Yeah that's not gonna happen. Especially given the fact this has heavy shooter elements. The shooter fans have no comprehension of real team work. It's all about having the highest killstreak.

Also I think the lack of trading in CVHD is what made it's community die out.

There are always going to be people who have 5 Valmanways but can't get a pair of sonic boots. It kept the hardcore crowd around but it's really a gamble. I'm not sure if I'm for or against the idea.

There's also the thing about loot actually being solid and taking space in the environment and Pandora being a persistent world. CV on the other hand was instance their was a finite amount if enemies to drop finite amounts of loot in each instance.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#17im_a_double_xlPosted 11/14/2012 3:02:45 AM
drake_skull posted...
The game is meant to have a social aspect. No trading would break that. There really would be no point to playing MP at that point. Currently the MP is based on Sharing loot with your questing friends but if you cant share loot whats the point of playing MP at all? Weapon stats dont change, the only thing that changes is maybe a very small increase to the % chance for better loot.

No trading and no duping are not the same thing. The only people that use the "trade" option now are non dupers. There is a way to trade in this game that isn't duping, most just refuse to use it because they will actually give away their weapon to get one, instead of giving one and keeping both.
#18Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/14/2012 4:26:43 AM
The only way it could be stopped would be to have things only able to be picked up and not dropped, and after that have them only be either sellable to vendors/tradable to other players/destroyable and gain a tiny fraction of money out of it. Though this still doesn't stop hardcore dupers from just making many copies of their save on some other device.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....