BL1 or BL2

#11im_a_double_xlPosted 11/14/2012 2:38:29 AM
There is a glitch the erases all of your Badass Ranks. Not really gamebreaking IMO. I still haven't gotten it. And unless you play a lot of different characters, the bonus that you lose isn't that substantial.

BL2 is a way better game. Everything about the gameplay was improved. Legendaries now drop off of specific enemies so you can farm them. The drop rate isn't that low. I have a ton of legitimate legendaries. The only people complaining IMO are the ones looking for a specific gamebreaking combo, as the shotgun is extremely rare. Gearbox tried making the raid bosses non soloable this time around. Without that shotgun and a certain shield, you pretty much need a group to kill them. They are now nerfing that shield so that you will need a group again. That is a plus in my book.

I loved BL1, but I don't see myself playing it again now that I have 2. I may, but that will just be because I liked it so much.
#12Trigger_MonkeyPosted 11/14/2012 4:38:35 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...
There is a glitch the erases all of your Badass Ranks. Not really gamebreaking IMO. I still haven't gotten it. And unless you play a lot of different characters, the bonus that you lose isn't that substantial.

BL2 is a way better game. Everything about the gameplay was improved. Legendaries now drop off of specific enemies so you can farm them. The drop rate isn't that low. I have a ton of legitimate legendaries. The only people complaining IMO are the ones looking for a specific gamebreaking combo, as the shotgun is extremely rare. Gearbox tried making the raid bosses non soloable this time around. Without that shotgun and a certain shield, you pretty much need a group to kill them. They are now nerfing that shield so that you will need a group again. That is a plus in my book.

I loved BL1, but I don't see myself playing it again now that I have 2. I may, but that will just be because I liked it so much.

THIS! i hate that certain combo because at level 50, it is all i see! i'll be like "hey wanna go kill teramorphus?" and they will be like "No, i can do it myself with the conference call" they should jhust get rid of the bee sheild
---
This signature will not be changed until a Deadpool movie is released.
#13Bob_EsrockPosted 11/14/2012 5:19:22 AM
The loot was better in the first game. I had played the first all the way up until this released, and the difference was jarring. And then the loot bosses that aren't really loot bosses because the lack the loot.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#14killbot357Posted 11/14/2012 6:18:19 AM
BL2, no question. Better writing, better story, more enemies, more interesting shields, grenades and class mods (though the guns in the first game might be better, in general) and the Badass system is a welcome replacement for weapon proficiencies.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#15Scary RaebbitPosted 11/14/2012 6:24:06 AM
The loot was infinitely better in BL1. 87 bazzillion guns my ass. With the parts combinations in BL1, there was definitely a higher variance of guns in it. The GUI looks like ass though. The action skills are lacking/class balance isn't all there. The enemies were better in BL1. Skagzilla? Motorhead? Drifters? I'd take the Crimson Lance over stupid Loaders easily. Also the fact that you could farm bosses for weapons that were given in quests. The glaring issues in BL2 are abundant as well. I don't think BL1 shipped out with bugs like BA rank resetting or Graveyard.sav.
BL1 was definitely better. I put so many more hours into it. I've already pretty much stopped playing BL2. The first DLC was underwhelming at best.
---
Peep the stats bro.
XBL GT: ScaryRaebbit
#16notSFFPosted 11/14/2012 7:41:17 AM
Easily BL2. Pretty much everything was improved. The weapons, the plot, the characters, the enemy diversity...everything!
#17PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 8:28:23 AM
GujinKami posted...
Gameplay-wise, BL2 is the better game, and has improved on items, weapons, mechanics, classes and skills.

However, BL1 has the better random loot system, and it doesn't take 600 kills on Craw to get something, at the very least, interesting.

I never got anything besides equilizers from Craw...>_>

I was also more interested in getting a BLR Hornet from Slither...but I never got that either.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#18ExorianPosted 11/14/2012 8:38:58 AM
I wouldn't mind if any future DLC could have an integration function between both Borderlands. Use the old Vault Hunters in new maps,or go explore the old maps with the new mercenaries, how cool does it sound?
---
"Know your own limits, and learn how to break them"
"Fight with your heart and soul"
#19VegetallPosted 11/14/2012 8:39:43 AM
Honestly its all going to depend on the rest of the DLC, i didnt play BL1 until everything was realsed, so it was a long fun game...

so far BL2, is pretty broken and way to glitchy to be close to a complete game... unless half the glitches are intentional... like how they never fixed Knoxx or Craw glitch....

but as long as the rest of the DLC is decent i feel BL2 will be better, and if they DO fix hyperoius/Gee to drop better loot and to fix the treasure room glitch...
#20xHuckleberryPosted 11/14/2012 8:51:15 AM
If you want to try for some rare sht in BL1, pearls seem to be even more rare then the legendaries in 2.

But ive been playing thru BL1 again and i have to admit the fun factor is still radically high. The graphics arent as bright and flashy, but movement is faster which makes it easier for getting out of trouble, or getting into it. Also, the stats on guns/coms seem to actually show.

I dont like adding 80% accuracy and barely seeing a noticeable difference

Im looking at you zero.