Randy Pitchford on The Bee nerfs

#11PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 7:04:16 AM
Scary Raebbit posted...
I didn't know this was a competitive game.
Also, the Bee was great for Restoration Sirens. It made healing targets when not host much easier.
And if this was so broken, why was the Siren invincibility glitch not patched?
Guns dealing more damage: Wow now you kill enemies way too fast this cannot stand.
Literally not being able to die: That's alright.

The Nerf won't change that. Sirens can still use it to heal.

And the issue was using it to kill enemies do fast that it stopped other players from killing enemies or being challenged in mp.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#12PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 7:07:29 AM
SolidStryder posted...
Was atleast hoping they would increase the ridiculously low drop rates on raid bosses when they nerfed the bee. Considering Bee is useless everywhere else.

if the bee was useless everywhere else they wouldn't have rebalanced it.
---
#13killbot357Posted 11/14/2012 7:07:55 AM
killbot357 posted...
KURockChalk posted...
Do any of you who are whining and crying about the Bee nerf realize you can still use the Bee, you just won't be able to kill everything in two seconds?

What does it matter how some guy across the country who plays by himself does? What are you losing out of some guy who kills a monster faster than you do?

Nothing, I'm just pointing out that now we've got an entirely new group of people crying about the Bee.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#14Scary RaebbitPosted 11/14/2012 7:09:01 AM
Yeah, Sirens can still heal but it's a pain in the ass to heal now compared to before when a pellet from my Maggie actually made a dent in an HP bar. Because it is awful to play with people who host games coming from a game with dedicated servers.
And if you don't like other players killing enemies so fast, then leave the game. Or host your own. Or play by yourself. Or invite people who don't use the Bee. Just because you can't police your own games doesn't mean that you should require the game developer to hold everyone's hand and tell them that what they are doing is breaking the game.
---
Peep the stats bro.
XBL GT: ScaryRaebbit
#15killbot357Posted 11/14/2012 7:09:24 AM
Also, it's pretty obvious the Bee was not working as intended, and people were using it to disrupt how public games with random match ups were supposed to work.

Everyone who's crying about the Bee nerf: you've only got people who used the Bee to blame.
---
#16KURockChalkPosted 11/14/2012 7:12:35 AM
killbot357 posted...
Also, it's pretty obvious the Bee was not working as intended, and people were using it to disrupt how public games with random match ups were supposed to work.

Everyone who's crying about the Bee nerf: you've only got people who used the Bee to blame.

If everyone didn't burn their bras in protest over it crying they would of left it
It wasn't using it that was the problem, it was all the butt hurt girls that whine about how other people play their game. You want to tell me how to play my game then buy it for me. Until then ill do what I want
#17killbot357Posted 11/14/2012 7:14:12 AM
KURockChalk posted...
You want to tell me how to play my game then buy it for me. Until then ill do what I want

Except using the Bee to break the game, once the patch is live.
---
#18PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 7:15:47 AM
killbot357 posted...

Exactly!

My good they just don't get it. It probably would have been ignored if people didn't drop into random games and run wild with it.

Hell I had planned on dropping into peoples games with a gunzerker dual-wielding deliverance and using a bee just to prove a point.

If people had used it in moderation or at least asked the host how they felt about that play style there would have been no complaints and no Nerf.
---
#19Scary RaebbitPosted 11/14/2012 7:18:00 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
killbot357 posted...

Exactly!

My good they just don't get it. It probably would have been ignored if people didn't drop into random games and run wild with it.

Hell I had planned on dropping into peoples games with a gunzerker dual-wielding deliverance and using a bee just to prove a point.

If people had used it in moderation or at least asked the host how they felt about that play style there would have been no complaints and no Nerf.

Pro-tip: You don't have to play the game with public randoms to beat it.
What is the next circle of butthurt going to be? Siren's ressurection skill is overpowered because it causes invincibility? Or maybe the Evil Smasher glitch. Or the Gunzerker explosive damage glitch. When are those going to be patched? When enough people start crapping their pants because they are the new "Bees" even though those are glitches and the Bee is a legitimate item that somehow made it through game testing?
---
Peep the stats bro.
XBL GT: ScaryRaebbit
#20GujinKamiPosted 11/14/2012 7:20:11 AM
You realize its not a competitive game right? If you don't like the item don't use it, if you do use it. Can you explain to me why it had to be needed?
If I want to kill a boss in under 10 seconds let me it doesn't affect you. If you don't want me in your game don't make it open to the public
There problem solved

The point -------->

Your head 0

The problem with The Bee is it was murdering end-game bosses in literal seconds, and from what Gearbox has said pre-release and whatnot, that's not what they intended to happen. There are other builds that let you solo bosses, but none of them allowed you to literally walk up to the boss, throw a gun at it about 4 or 5 times, and it dies instantly. If it was how they intended, Gearbox would have told the community to deal with it. But it isn't working as intended, and everyone pulling the "AAA PEOPLE WHINING SO MUCH THEY NERFED MY CRUTCH" are idiots.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif