Randy Pitchford on The Bee nerfs

#121PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 4:06:34 PM
SweetMadness posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
SweetMadness posted...

Because not hitting the X button is really difficult? (I'm so rolling right now ROFLMAO).

Yes accidentally reloading can happen a loot while rushing to grab loot or hit switches. If you have a tediore gun you might as well kiss your stacks goodbye. Accidentally hitting a barrel and instantly gong down with nothing around you. Firing a Rocket launcher and having the ticket fly straight down because you're accuracy is multiplied by -1050%..

Edit: the most important part. You can't just drop into random peoples games with 600 stacks.

You don't lose all your stacks when you go down they gradually fade, you're an idiot for using Tediore weapons if you're not taking Discord, and none of this is a legitimate reason why you shouldn't be allowed to use an Infinity past tier one OC.

If you go down and nothing is around your stacks are gone.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#122SweetMadnessPosted 11/14/2012 4:13:58 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
SweetMadness posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
SweetMadness posted...

Because not hitting the X button is really difficult? (I'm so rolling right now ROFLMAO).

Yes accidentally reloading can happen a loot while rushing to grab loot or hit switches. If you have a tediore gun you might as well kiss your stacks goodbye. Accidentally hitting a barrel and instantly gong down with nothing around you. Firing a Rocket launcher and having the ticket fly straight down because you're accuracy is multiplied by -1050%..

Edit: the most important part. You can't just drop into random peoples games with 600 stacks.

You don't lose all your stacks when you go down they gradually fade, you're an idiot for using Tediore weapons if you're not taking Discord, and none of this is a legitimate reason why you shouldn't be allowed to use an Infinity past tier one OC.

If you go down and nothing is around your stacks are gone.

This applies regardless of your weapon choice, and is not avoided in some magical way just because I am able to go past Tier 1 OC and use the Infinity.
---
Trolls vs. Fanatics. Trolls win, always.
GT- SweetMadness
#123PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 4:30:23 PM
My point about going down was in reference to the original post I gave many examples of how you can lose your stacks other than accidental reload.

I obviously gavr up the argument you're gong to keep pursuing it. The skill only affect how many guns? Despite the fact only effects one or two guns, one which happens to be legendary is a coincidence.

Having a gun with infinite ammo and always full clip that deals 10x it's base damage (79000+ @lvl 50) is reason enough that they "may not" have wanted Gaige to be able to use the gun beyond tier 1 of ordered chaos.

Maybe most likely you are correct and the skill is completely broken. Maybe they fixed it and just listed it under "other balance tweaks."

Maybe they'll fix it in the next patch. Just gong back and fourth about this is annoying. I feel it would be to OP, you don't. I feel the bee was too OP, you don't.

You're right, I'm right, we're all wrong.
---
#124PensatoPosted 11/14/2012 4:37:39 PM
TheTrueSeto posted...
"Bee was broken. Not nerfed enough, IMO.Some of you like broken games - I get it."
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

DIscuss.

In other words " I'm not intelligent enough to explain why it need to be nerfed in the way we nerfed it. So I'm just gonna derp out and say...because."
#125SweetMadnessPosted 11/14/2012 4:40:16 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
My point about going down was in reference to the original post I gave many examples of how you can lose your stacks other than accidental reload.

I obviously gavr up the argument you're gong to keep pursuing it. The skill only affect how many guns? Despite the fact only effects one or two guns, one which happens to be legendary is a coincidence.

Having a gun with infinite ammo and always full clip that deals 10x it's base damage (79000+ @lvl 50) is reason enough that they "may not" have wanted Gaige to be able to use the gun beyond tier 1 of ordered chaos.

Maybe most likely you are correct and the skill is completely broken. Maybe they fixed it and just listed it under "other balance tweaks."

Maybe they'll fix it in the next patch. Just gong back and fourth about this is annoying. I feel it would be to OP, you don't. I feel the bee was too OP, you don't.

I never agreed or disagreed about the Bee nerfs Pan :p
---
GT- SweetMadness
#126borochadwicsaysPosted 11/14/2012 4:46:36 PM
aznghostbuster posted...
GujinKami posted...
If real, then he admits he sold millions of people a broken product.

-Bethesda
-Bioware
-Treyarch
-Reverge
-Arc System

Just to name a few who had/need to patch their games in order for their products to be fine. Quit acting like patches never happen.

Don't forget EA!

I've never heard any of those companies use the word "broken" when describing their product.
#127PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 4:50:31 PM
Pensato posted...
TheTrueSeto posted...
"Bee was broken. Not nerfed enough, IMO.Some of you like broken games - I get it."
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

DIscuss.

In other words " I'm not intelligent enough to explain why it need to be nerfed in the way we nerfed it. So I'm just gonna derp out and say...because."

Twitter had a text limit.
---
#128PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 4:51:21 PM
SweetMadness posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

Ok well...I'm hungry
---
#129SweetMadnessPosted 11/14/2012 4:59:12 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
SweetMadness posted...

Ok well...I'm hungry

I has tamales.
---
GT- SweetMadness
#130OrgeLambartPosted 11/14/2012 4:59:21 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

Your issue is you thought you had a Call Of Duty with loot. Gearbox didn't make CoD with loot. This is more akin to Diablo with guns. They wanted players to band together and hunt evil and enchanted weapons like in Champion Of Norrath. Instead everyone was duping Bee shields & Legendary weapons and running around trying to see who could get the best Kill/Death ratio.

I'm sorry you bought the wrong game and developers are putting up bars and walls so the game will play as intended.

Where did you get anything about Call of Duty with what I said. Call of Duty and BL's are nothing alike, the sheer fact you have COD on your mind lets me know you're Jelly about COD selling 7 million copies on it's first day. LOL @ Champion of Norrath and LOL @ duping a problem they could have fixed but didn't.

Also last time I checked you aren't fighting other people, don't have a K/D ratio and again you seem obsessed with COD. It's ok man, you can admit you love COD, it's alright. This isn't a balance issue it's a nerf, it's pretty unheard of for a company to put in nerf's to a single player game. It almost never happens because it's unneccesary. Yes Borderlands is a singleplayer game with the option to play with 3 additional people. I don't mind the Bee shield nerf in particular, what I do mind is them pandering to a vocal minority.

Although with the last expansion you can really see what direction the company is heading in, once a day bosses, lengthy grinds to pick up a single piece of crappy equipment, that really reminds me of another type of game.... An mmorpg, the same crap those guys pulled, you know why most MMORPG's can't sustain themselves anymore? It's because of garbage like this, makes the games unfun.

They nerfed the damage to appease a few people who just love to complain about things, have zero self control and have to endulge themselves in everything. OMG the Bee shield is so powerful I can't kill anything without it, Gearbox you need to do something so I can mix up my weapons. I am not even worried about the bee shield nerf in all honesty. I don't even like the Bee shield outside of boss enounters anyway. I love how along with the Bee Nerf they lowered the level on the bosses, That should speak volumes about how they really feel.