Randy Pitchford on The Bee nerfs

#21killbot357Posted 11/14/2012 7:20:59 AM
Scary Raebbit posted...

Pro-tip: You don't have to play the game with public randoms to beat it.

Pro-tip: you don't have to use the Bee + CC to beat the game either.

I get the Bee nerf is reducing some peoples' enjoyment of the game. An inability to play with randoms because of the popularity and overuse of the Bee was reducing other peoples' enjoyment.

People who feel they can't play with randoms are more likely to stop playing altogether than people who are mad one shield got a nerf.

Let me know if this is too hard to understand.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#22Buring13Posted 11/14/2012 7:27:01 AM
Would you agree with Nintendo if it said the Master Sword was doing too much damage or that Mario stomping on enemy was overpowered and then nerfed those actions? Because it is the same premise. Player using what is available to them in a single player game.

This example is by far the worst thing I've heard. Something on The Bee was overlooked and gearbox agreed, then fixed it. Now it is going to be a more balanced weapon while still keeping it's uniqueness. Let's all move on from The Bee issue now.
---
Forza Italia
No Miccoli, No Party
#23PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 7:32:32 AM
killbot357 posted...
Scary Raebbit posted...

I get the Bee nerf is reducing some peoples' enjoyment of the game. An inability to play with randoms because of the popularity and overuse of the Bee was reducing other peoples' enjoyment.

People who feel they can't play with randoms are more likely to stop playing altogether than people who are mad one shield got a nerf.

I'm sure it's to hard to understand.

In Their minds "I just killed all the enemies and bosses for this dude in the blink of an eye, why in the hell would he kick me? He must be jelly."
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#24PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 7:38:49 AM
Scary Raebbit posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
killbot357 posted...
Also, it's pretty obvious the Bee was not working as intended, and people were using it to disrupt how public games with random match ups were supposed to work.

Everyone who's crying about the Bee nerf: you've only got people who used the Bee to blame.

Exactly!

My good they just don't get it. It probably would have been ignored if people didn't drop into random games and run wild with it.

Hell I had planned on dropping into peoples games with a gunzerker dual-wielding deliverance and using a bee just to prove a point.

If people had used it in moderation or at least asked the host how they felt about that play style there would have been no complaints and no Nerf.

What is the next circle of butthurt going to be? Siren's ressurection skill is overpowered because it causes invincibility? Or maybe the Evil Smasher glitch. Or the Gunzerker explosive damage glitch. When are those going to be patched? When enough people start crapping their pants because they are the new "Bees" even though those are glitches and the Bee is a legitimate item that somehow made it through game testing?

They could have patched Infinite ammo & Evil Smasher. You know why they didn't? Because people like you aren't dropping into everyones random games going around wrecking everything.

How is it hard to understand this is literally the fault of people like you.

PATCHES COST MONEY. do you really think gearbox wanted to pay the money to put out a patch for something the community screwed up? They are paying money to put baby bars on the game because people like you can't rationalize and be considerate of what you do in other peoples games.

Match making was a part of the game when it shipped. It's there for people who want to enjoy the game with random parties. It's their because you can't always schedule a random play session when freinds when you decide to just jump on and play. People like you deny people the ability to just play the game as intended.

You think it's to much to be mindful of what you do when you drop into other peoples games? You think a person shouldn't be upset if they are clearing out lynchwood taking their time then some random guy jumps in and demolishes the entire other side of the map without asking the host. You think it's ok when random people drop into your game and start accepting and completing quest without asking you? Do you think it's ok when people drop into your game and choose who to turn a optional quest item into without asking you?

This is a cooperative game, many are not cooperating. They are playing this like CoD dropping into random games and running buck wild doing whatever the hell they want.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#25GujinKamiPosted 11/14/2012 7:41:52 AM
They could have patched Infinite ammo & Evil Smasher. You know why they didn't? Because people like you aren't dropping into everyones random games going around wrecking everything.

How is it hard to understand this is literally the fault of people like you

EXCEPT THE THING THEY'RE NERFING IS DOING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY EXPECTED, DOING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY WANT!

HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND?

GOD DAMN HALF THE PEOPLE HERE!
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#260ld8oyPosted 11/14/2012 7:53:10 AM
Scary Raebbit posted...

Would you agree with Nintendo if it said the Master Sword was doing too much damage or that Mario stomping on enemy was overpowered and then nerfed those actions? Because it is the same premise. Player using what is available to them in a single player game.

that is retarded...
If the Master Sword OHKO'd Gannon, then yes. Please nerf.
If Mario could jump on one enemy and every enemy in the room dies, then yes. Please nerf.
By far the most ridiculous "Defense" of the Bee I've seen yet...
#27Scary RaebbitPosted 11/14/2012 7:57:20 AM
killbot357 posted...
Scary Raebbit posted...

Obviously it doesn't require it. I didn't use it to beat the Warrior. And people are going to play regardless if the Bee was nerfed or not. You are not going to see an uptick in people playing random games now that it is nerfed. That inability did not stop people from playing with randoms. Also, I guarantee you there are more people who are playing solo (who did not affect anyone's "enjoyment") than those who stopped playing online because the Bee ruined the game for them.
Also people still played BL1 with even crazier weapons. There were 6x Anarchies floating around and there wasn't a patch.
Gearbox even encouraged modding in that game (you know like the stickied topic in the GBX forums with the level editor). This patch just goes against that principle and is setting a dumb precedent: Complain enough about some aspect of the game and it will eventually be altered.

Buring13 posted...

This example is by far the worst thing I've heard. Something on The Bee was overlooked and gearbox agreed, then fixed it. Now it is going to be a more balanced weapon while still keeping it's uniqueness. Let's all move on from The Bee issue now.

Maybe they should have actually play tested their game instead of rushing out and releasing it then. Then things like the Graveyard.sav, Evil Smasher glitch, BA rank reset, Siren res invincibility, or other bugs that have popped up would have been fixed. Look at how fast the general public figured out how that CC+Bee=lots of damage. And tell me again why should Gearbox care if a guy does too much damage? They already get their money when you buy the game and DLC. They aren't losing money because of a subscription fee, or because the ingame PvP ranking or economy is falling apart (because there is none). I don't see why the example is stupid.
I'll put it in layman's terms:
Both are single player games (BL2 just has optional online co-op). Read: you don't have to get your game spoiled when someone with a Bee rolls in. Both have weapons that deal damage that were in the game. One was changed because people complained that it was ruining the game. The mechanic does not affect any people but the people who you choose to play with.
---
Peep the stats bro.
XBL GT: ScaryRaebbit
#28Scary RaebbitPosted 11/14/2012 7:57:24 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Scary Raebbit posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
killbot357 posted...
Also, it's pretty obvious the Bee was not working as intended, and people were using it to disrupt how public games with random match ups were supposed to work.

Everyone who's crying about the Bee nerf: you've only got people who used the Bee to blame.

Exactly!

My good they just don't get it. It probably would have been ignored if people didn't drop into random games and run wild with it.

Hell I had planned on dropping into peoples games with a gunzerker dual-wielding deliverance and using a bee just to prove a point.

If people had used it in moderation or at least asked the host how they felt about that play style there would have been no complaints and no Nerf.

What is the next circle of butthurt going to be? Siren's ressurection skill is overpowered because it causes invincibility? Or maybe the Evil Smasher glitch. Or the Gunzerker explosive damage glitch. When are those going to be patched? When enough people start crapping their pants because they are the new "Bees" even though those are glitches and the Bee is a legitimate item that somehow made it through game testing?

How is it hard to understand this is literally the fault of people like you.

PATCHES COST MONEY. do you really think gearbox wanted to pay the money to put out a patch for something the community screwed up? They are paying money to put baby bars on the game because people like you can't rationalize and be considerate of what you do in other peoples games.

Match making was a part of the game when it shipped. It's there for people who want to enjoy the game with random parties. It's their because you can't always schedule a random play session when freinds when you decide to just jump on and play. People like you deny people the ability to just play the game as intended.

You think it's to much to be mindful of what you do when you drop into other peoples games? You think a person shouldn't be upset if they are clearing out lynchwood taking their time then some random guy jumps in and demolishes the entire other side of the map without asking the host. You think it's ok when random people drop into your game and start accepting and completing quest without asking you? Do you think it's ok when people drop into your game and choose who to turn a optional quest item into without asking you?

This is a cooperative game, many are not cooperating. They are playing this like CoD dropping into random games and running buck wild doing whatever the hell they want.

I posted in a previous topic that I don't even use the Bee unless I'm healing with the Maggie. I run Evolution (because Siren healing from Elated and Sweet Release are based on total HP), Sham (bullet heavy areas), or Impaler (weak enemies/melee enemies). Yes I don't like jumping into a random game when people are using the Bee, but I just dealt with it. I didn't cry and moan. If I didn't expect any and everything, then I wouldn't play on public games.

If you don't want to put in the effort to play with friends or even just ask if the people you are playing with to not use an item, why should everyone else have to be disadvantaged.

If you don't want people with anything and everything to join your game, then make it invite only. Problem solved. If you don't want your quests turned in, then finish them before you go online. The user should take some responsibility.
---
Peep the stats bro.
#29Scary RaebbitPosted 11/14/2012 8:01:09 AM
0ld8oy posted...
Scary Raebbit posted...

that is retarded...
If the Master Sword OHKO'd Gannon, then yes. Please nerf.
If Mario could jump on one enemy and every enemy in the room dies, then yes. Please nerf.
By far the most ridiculous "Defense" of the Bee I've seen yet...

If you don't want to OHKO Ganon, then don't use the sword. Don't cry to Nintendo saying that it should be nerfed because you don't have the fortitude to not use it. Use the damn Kokiri sword. Or use the Deku stick (which technically is even more powerful than the sword). The question is, why should a developer alter an option to deal damage in a game that does not affect anyone but the person who is playing (or those who choose to play with that player)?
---
Peep the stats bro.
#30GujinKamiPosted 11/14/2012 8:03:07 AM
If you don't want to OHKO Ganon, then don't use the sword. Don't cry to Nintendo saying that it should be nerfed because you don't have the fortitude to not use it. Use the damn Kokiri sword. Or use the Deku stick (which technically is even more powerful than the sword). The question is, why should a developer alter an option to deal damage in a game that does not affect anyone but the person who is playing (or those who choose to play with that player)?

You look really stupid with a post like that.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif