Randy Pitchford on The Bee nerfs

#41PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 9:07:12 AM
Ultimaphazon posted...
@BehemothKnight design team likes drop rates - it's a better drop rate than real life

Now, this is just stupid.

lmao that's hilarious!Was that randy?
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#42PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 9:07:36 AM
ktownslayer16 posted...
GujinKami posted...
so what did they do to nerf it?

-Tediore reloads don't benefit from amp damage
-Amp damage equally spread out on all pellets that fire from a gun (shotgun balance)
-Overall numbers being lowered

Is the amp drain still 0 though?

From the patch notes it looks like it.
---
#43MuscleMan07Posted 11/14/2012 9:11:55 AM
The only thing I used the bee for was farming
Farming is the only really reliable (used loosely) way to obtain orange items
Obtaining orange items due to the nerf will take substantially longer now, all while monotony sets in.

I don't have a problem with the nerf so much as the farming implications that follow.

Or at least perceived implications; I could be way off base.
---
The only easy day was yesterday.
#44D1TremerePosted 11/14/2012 9:14:43 AM
Well they took away something that filled a valid purpose in my opinion, in that it's only use was to speed up boss farming.
Now instead of a shield for boss farming we have a junked shield, people will just move on to something else but farming will be eve more tedious.

A better fix in my opinion would have been none at all, simply adding higher level content would have sorted out any perceived balance issues.
---
PSN: BlackSheep121
#45PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 9:23:57 AM
You can still farm offline if you remove the patch...I'm sure most people don't farm bosses online due to having to constantly re-invite everyone.
---
#46Four SkullsPosted 11/14/2012 9:24:02 AM
MuscleMan07 posted...
The only thing I used the bee for was farming
Farming is the only really reliable (used loosely) way to obtain orange items
Obtaining orange items due to the nerf will take substantially longer now, all while monotony sets in.

I don't have a problem with the nerf so much as the farming implications that follow.

Or at least perceived implications; I could be way off base.

This. I don't know how much farming I'll do now. Of course, once the patch drops I'll have to see how much longer it takes to beat the bosses.

Actually, I think the patched Bee hurts my Gunzerker alot. I'm using big magazine shotguns for Money Shot. It seems like the new Bee helps weapons with smaller magazines more.
#47ktownslayer16Posted 11/14/2012 9:27:52 AM
I'm sure it's still pretty powerful if the drain is still 0 thought obviously spreading the damage out per bullet would lower the impact, especially on shot guns. In theory, it wouldnt even really affect sniper rifles would it?
---
RIP ownie35. One of the true pioneers of the NHL Board
#48DR_PariahPosted 11/14/2012 9:35:51 AM
ALL TEH BUTTHURT in this thread...
#49borochadwicsaysPosted 11/14/2012 9:37:16 AM
TheTrueSeto posted...
"Bee was broken. Not nerfed enough, IMO.Some of you like broken games - I get it."
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

DIscuss.

If real, then he admits he sold millions of people a broken product.
#50drake_skullPosted 11/14/2012 9:41:35 AM
No, it means that they didnt think it all the way through about the Bee's possible uses or probably the fact that it applies its amp damage to all pellets of a shotty.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23