Randy Pitchford on The Bee nerfs

#71PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 12:07:22 PM
DuvalMagic @tsmallon thanks for being respectful. We are committed to creating entertainment. Evidence was that bee reduced fun and engagement...
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#72Nanis23Posted 11/14/2012 12:15:23 PM
I really don't like his tweets
He acts like the people are trolling him but it's not true..he really is saying annoying things tbqh
#73littlecletusPosted 11/14/2012 12:18:17 PM
Randy Pitchford is lucky people like broken games.
---
Havin' a tea Partay drinkin' mah Teeea!
#74TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 12:21:24 PM
KURockChalk posted...

OMG set it to invite only or kick people if you don't like how they play

Yes, lets impose extra shtuff normal people have to do to protect them from the scum. God forbid we do something to these deplorable "people". This is America, where the criminals rights come first after all.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#75PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 12:22:17 PM
Nanis23 posted...
I really don't like his tweets
He acts like the people are trolling him but it's not true..he really is saying annoying things tbqh

Chris White ‏@KeatonsPoppa
@DuvalMagic @Drgreenfingaz Customer is ALWAYS RIGHT!! You idiots make the game you want to play not the game masses want. BIG MISTAKE!
---
#76OrgeLambartPosted 11/14/2012 12:30:14 PM
for a while there I thought Randy and the gang over at Gearbox were just laughing right along with us at the people who complained about the Bee, shield. Apprently viewing his text today he wasn't being Sarcastic at all, he was just being a ......

I don't even wanna try to put what he was being because then i'd be banned more than likely. Gearbox is out of touch, I won't say they are at Peter Molyneux level of being out of touch, but they are approaching it with rapid velocity.

So what they pretty much did was take the people who used the Bee/CC combo to avoid getting Modded weapons, removed the reason they weren't getting modded weapons.

You have a some what fun to play co-op game with a horrible drop rate, that sucks to farm alone. Combine that with modded weapons (which mark my words graveyard.sav won't be the only evil thing Modders unleash on us) Maybe instead of them tossing out the nerf stick (yeah lets be honest it was a nerf, not balance) they should work on tuning things that actually need work. Like level 52 enemies that drop level 48 gear, or bosses with garbage drop rates. How about making chest actually start popping some useful gear instead of 4 white pistols or shields.

How about you stop trying to balance a Co-op game, co-op games don't need balance. If he wanted to make the fans happy, how about nerf the bee shield and up the drop rate on boss encounters to make farming something people would be inclined to do.
#77kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 12:33:59 PM
and1ballr posted...
I don't know about anyone else, but I only use the bee shield when I'm farming. Since I have to try over & over again, the shield makes it a lot easier. I normally don't use it otherwise. My go to shield in the black hole.

likewise. Not a hardcore gamer, but I can see the point why people are mad about the bee. I'm sure someone will find another way to have an edge and people will start complaining about that. #blame twitter
---
And I disappear /A ghost amidst the combat /Preparing to strike
#78kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 12:35:26 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
You can still farm offline if you remove the patch...I'm sure most people don't farm bosses online due to having to constantly re-invite everyone.

how do you remove the patch?
---
And I disappear /A ghost amidst the combat /Preparing to strike
#79PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 12:35:51 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
for a while there I thought Randy and the gang over at Gearbox were just laughing right along with us at the people who complained about the Bee, shield. Apprently viewing his text today he wasn't being Sarcastic at all, he was just being a ......

I don't even wanna try to put what he was being because then i'd be banned more than likely. Gearbox is out of touch, I won't say they are at Peter Molyneux level of being out of touch, but they are approaching it with rapid velocity.

So what they pretty much did was take the people who used the Bee/CC combo to avoid getting Modded weapons, removed the reason they weren't getting modded weapons.

You have a some what fun to play co-op game with a horrible drop rate, that sucks to farm alone. Combine that with modded weapons (which mark my words graveyard.sav won't be the only evil thing Modders unleash on us) Maybe instead of them tossing out the nerf stick (yeah lets be honest it was a nerf, not balance) they should work on tuning things that actually need work. Like level 52 enemies that drop level 48 gear, or bosses with garbage drop rates. How about making chest actually start popping some useful gear instead of 4 white pistols or shields.

How about you stop trying to balance a Co-op game, co-op games don't need balance. If he wanted to make the fans happy, how about nerf the bee shield and up the drop rate on boss encounters to make farming something people would be inclined to do.

Your issue is you thought you had a Call Of Duty with loot. Gearbox didn't make CoD with loot. This is more akin to Diablo with guns. They wanted players to band together and hunt evil and enchanted weapons like in Champion Of Norrath. Instead everyone was duping Bee shields & Legendary weapons and running around trying to see who could get the best Kill/Death ratio.

I'm sorry you bought the wrong game and developers are putting up bars and walls so the game will play as intended.
---
#80TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 12:38:07 PM
kingroman5 posted...
and1ballr posted...
I don't know about anyone else, but I only use the bee shield when I'm farming. Since I have to try over & over again, the shield makes it a lot easier. I normally don't use it otherwise. My go to shield in the black hole.

likewise. Not a hardcore gamer, but I can see the point why people are mad about the bee. I'm sure someone will find another way to have an edge and people will start complaining about that. #blame twitter

And I only run red lights when I'm late for work, doesn't stop me from getting pulled over.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.