Randy Pitchford on The Bee nerfs

#81PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 11:38:24 AM
kingroman5 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
You can still farm offline if you remove the patch...I'm sure most people don't farm bosses online due to having to constantly re-invite everyone.

how do you remove the patch?

Goto system, storage device. Highlight your storage device, hit Y and select clear cache. This removes all updates.

You'll be unable to use Gaige or play the DLC because there was a compatibility patch before they dropped but the rest of the game is still open and the bee will be unnerfed.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#82kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 11:39:49 AM
Coop14 posted...
Oh my god this is hilarious the rage. The only person here making sense is Gujin and those who understand we're he is coming from.

It's a COOP game it was ment to be played with a group of people.

Bosses were not ment to be taken down in 5 seconds. Te fan base ruined it, so it's on their heads. Sorry folks it get over it. FFS we have to use other shields noooooooooooooooo.

I'm pumped. Now online will actually be enjoyable end game again. My Sham and Blackhole will be getting some love.

there should be a disclaimer on the back of the game "recommended for 2 to 4 players"

I read single player and I bought this game because I thought it would be like any other solo game. I was wrong. I will not buy Borderlands 3, only rent it for a few days to pass the game and say i did it. I should have waited to buy DLC season pass , sigh*

p.s. who wants to play tonight?
---
And I disappear /A ghost amidst the combat /Preparing to strike
#83kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 11:40:32 AM
Mother of god you can still use the bee shield it's just not super mega destruction of death shield.

It's now just mega destruction of death shield.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#84kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 11:43:50 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
for a while there I thought Randy and the gang over at Gearbox were just laughing right along with us at the people who complained about the Bee, shield. Apprently viewing his text today he wasn't being Sarcastic at all, he was just being a ......

I don't even wanna try to put what he was being because then i'd be banned more than likely. Gearbox is out of touch, I won't say they are at Peter Molyneux level of being out of touch, but they are approaching it with rapid velocity.

So what they pretty much did was take the people who used the Bee/CC combo to avoid getting Modded weapons, removed the reason they weren't getting modded weapons.

You have a some what fun to play co-op game with a horrible drop rate, that sucks to farm alone. Combine that with modded weapons (which mark my words graveyard.sav won't be the only evil thing Modders unleash on us) Maybe instead of them tossing out the nerf stick (yeah lets be honest it was a nerf, not balance) they should work on tuning things that actually need work. Like level 52 enemies that drop level 48 gear, or bosses with garbage drop rates. How about making chest actually start popping some useful gear instead of 4 white pistols or shields.

How about you stop trying to balance a Co-op game, co-op games don't need balance. If he wanted to make the fans happy, how about nerf the bee shield and up the drop rate on boss encounters to make farming something people would be inclined to do.

Your issue is you thought you had a Call Of Duty with loot. Gearbox didn't make CoD with loot. This is more akin to Diablo with guns. They wanted players to band together and hunt evil and enchanted weapons like in Champion Of Norrath. Instead everyone was duping Bee shields & Legendary weapons and running around trying to see who could get the best Kill/Death ratio.

I'm sorry you bought the wrong game and developers are putting up bars and walls so the game will play as intended.

I've never played Diablo, is it fun? I bought borderlands 2 because I really enjoyed Borderlands 1, but it's not the same game. Lesson learned. Sequels will not be better than originals.
---
#85kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 11:45:53 AM
TheBestFaller posted...
kingroman5 posted...
and1ballr posted...
I don't know about anyone else, but I only use the bee shield when I'm farming. Since I have to try over & over again, the shield makes it a lot easier. I normally don't use it otherwise. My go to shield in the black hole.

likewise. Not a hardcore gamer, but I can see the point why people are mad about the bee. I'm sure someone will find another way to have an edge and people will start complaining about that. #blame twitter

And I only run red lights when I'm late for work, doesn't stop me from getting pulled over.

only an idiot would run a red light with a cop close by. #loser
---
#86PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 11:47:32 AM
kingroman5 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
for a while there I thought Randy and the gang over at Gearbox were just laughing right along with us at the people who complained about the Bee, shield. Apprently viewing his text today he wasn't being Sarcastic at all, he was just being a ......

I don't even wanna try to put what he was being because then i'd be banned more than likely. Gearbox is out of touch, I won't say they are at Peter Molyneux level of being out of touch, but they are approaching it with rapid velocity.

So what they pretty much did was take the people who used the Bee/CC combo to avoid getting Modded weapons, removed the reason they weren't getting modded weapons.

You have a some what fun to play co-op game with a horrible drop rate, that sucks to farm alone. Combine that with modded weapons (which mark my words graveyard.sav won't be the only evil thing Modders unleash on us) Maybe instead of them tossing out the nerf stick (yeah lets be honest it was a nerf, not balance) they should work on tuning things that actually need work. Like level 52 enemies that drop level 48 gear, or bosses with garbage drop rates. How about making chest actually start popping some useful gear instead of 4 white pistols or shields.

How about you stop trying to balance a Co-op game, co-op games don't need balance. If he wanted to make the fans happy, how about nerf the bee shield and up the drop rate on boss encounters to make farming something people would be inclined to do.

Your issue is you thought you had a Call Of Duty with loot. Gearbox didn't make CoD with loot. This is more akin to Diablo with guns. They wanted players to band together and hunt evil and enchanted weapons like in Champion Of Norrath. Instead everyone was duping Bee shields & Legendary weapons and running around trying to see who could get the best Kill/Death ratio.

I'm sorry you bought the wrong game and developers are putting up bars and walls so the game will play as intended.

I've never played Diablo, is it fun? I bought borderlands 2 because I really enjoyed Borderlands 1, but it's not the same game. Lesson learned. Sequels will not be better than originals.

Diablo is a Isometric loot hunt ARPG. The story is bare-bones just like Borderlands.

You're in this mystical magical world and somehow the ultimate evil has been awaken. You fight your way through hordes of enemies to go kill Diablo. The meta game like borderlands is pretty much farming for the most amazing enchanted gear from enemies and bosses.

I think they've improved on the story in the most recent one. There are a lot of games like Diablo.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#87kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 11:47:39 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
kingroman5 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
You can still farm offline if you remove the patch...I'm sure most people don't farm bosses online due to having to constantly re-invite everyone.

Goto system, storage device. Highlight your storage device, hit Y and select clear cache. This removes all updates.

You'll be unable to use Gaige or play the DLC because there was a compatibility patch before they dropped but the rest of the game is still open and the bee will be unnerfed.

can you delete just this version of the update? curious if someone found a way to modify the update to remove the nerf but keep everything else. i'm sure some xbox hacker found a way....TWEET IT!
---
#88kingroman5Posted 11/14/2012 11:48:59 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
kingroman5 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

Diablo is a Isometric loot hunt ARPG. The story is bare-bones just like Borderlands.

You're in this mystical magical world and somehow the ultimate evil has been awaken. You fight your way through hordes of enemies to go kill Diablo. The meta game like borderlands is pretty much farming for the most amazing enchanted gear from enemies and bosses.

I think they've improved on the story in the most recent one. There are a lot of games like Diablo.

I played Skyrim and liked it. is it more like that?
---
#89kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 11:50:18 AM
kingroman5 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
kingroman5 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

can you delete just this version of the update? curious if someone found a way to modify the update to remove the nerf but keep everything else. i'm sure some xbox hacker found a way....TWEET IT!

You can't delete somethong that doesn't exist yet. Also no you can't just delete one update.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#90badreflectorPosted 11/14/2012 11:51:04 AM
OrgeLambart posted...

This forever. I expect to see a large increase in modded equipment that will make the pre patch bee look pitiful in comparison.

Flat out, yes I enjoy getting to a point in a game like this where i'm unstoppable. Not so I can troll others, but for the sake of completion in terms of leveling and for enjoyment. If I want challenge again, i'll restart with a new character or, you know, play Dark Souls or something. That goes for any game that features a leveling system. Eventually, at the end of the game, I DO want to be broken.

Sure I can still play and win but I, as well as others it seems, enjoy being overpowered at the end of the game.

tl;dr

Looking forward to Borderlands 1 levels of modded, broken equipment. Bring on the mil+ capacity shields :).