A poll about the Bee nerf

#21PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 11:38:34 AM
Four Skulls posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Four Skulls posted...
DR_Pariah posted...
Four Skulls posted...
Farming, as it is now, is a chore. It's tedious, but bearable, because you spend so little time having to do it. I keep on going because I see that Orange carrot dangling at the end of the stick. Now, they want to make it work. If they're going to make me work for it, they're going to have to give me a bigger carrot, instead of just giving me the stick.

This is going to lead to an increase, and your mentality of it is exactly the reason why. Now that it's going to take a lot more time to get a legit legendary, a lot of people will say "meh, eff it" and make LF threads. Congrats Gearbox...

Eh, I don't see whats wrong with my attitude. If they want me to put an effort into their game, there needs to be something that keeps me coming back. I've farmed the Warrior I don't know how many times in TVHM, and 95% of the stuff I've picked up has been absolute garbage. I've only gotten 1 Orange in all that time, and it's the one you're almost guaranteed for just beating him.

Most of the purples I've picked up from killing the warrior have been amazingly good. I also got lots of E-Techs. How bout you stop farming the warrior and stop thinking gold is the standard. You might enjoy the game.

He dropped 2 purple shotguns when I first started farming him, and since then he hasn't dropped any that even compare to those. He's only dropped 1 E-Tech, and it was a crappy spiker. It's just not the Warrior, I farmed Bunker for a couple of hours yesterday and didn't come away with anything I could use. If I had at least found a decent blue/purple that could have gone into my arsenal, I wouldn't have felt like I wasted my time.

Eh...I don't have enough space to store all the stuff I have. I have lots of shields, relics and guns stored across multiple characters.

I guess it's all up to interpretation of what you consider good. Or maybe I'm slightly more lucky than you. The only orange I've got from him is a Gunarang.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#22kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 11:40:12 AM
If I feel like using it I with just use something with a high rate of fire. It hasn't been completely destroyed.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#23PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 11:42:11 AM
kiwimyweewee posted...
If I feel like using it I with just use something with a high rate of fire. It hasn't been completely destroyed.

It's no longer game breaking...so it's useless ^_^ (sarcasm)
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#24hooopascoopaPosted 11/14/2012 11:52:38 AM(edited)
I find it hilarious how Gearbox is now pandering to the 25% of the community that actually wanted a nerf. While the other 3/4s of didn't care or were actively against it, the loudest (aka, whiniest) voices were heard.

this is usually the case on everything.

The loud minority usually ruins it for the quiet majority.
---
SEEING MANNING'S QUALITY DONG STAB THE CHARGERS THROUGH THE HEART REMINDS ME THAT PHILIP RIVERS WILL NEVER WIN THE BIG ONE
#25drj898Posted 11/14/2012 1:17:21 PM
About the what?
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#26jessew14Posted 11/14/2012 1:25:28 PM
it irks me a little, now that its going to take longer to farm bosses for legendaries, the only thing i really have left to do in the game is collect legendaries, so i guess ill be pretty bored till next dlc
#27DR_PariahPosted 11/14/2012 1:26:36 PM
Four Skulls posted...
DR_Pariah posted...
Four Skulls posted...
Farming, as it is now, is a chore. It's tedious, but bearable, because you spend so little time having to do it. I keep on going because I see that Orange carrot dangling at the end of the stick. Now, they want to make it work. If they're going to make me work for it, they're going to have to give me a bigger carrot, instead of just giving me the stick.

This is going to lead to an increase, and your mentality of it is exactly the reason why. Now that it's going to take a lot more time to get a legit legendary, a lot of people will say "meh, eff it" and make LF threads. Congrats Gearbox...

Eh, I don't see whats wrong with my attitude. If they want me to put an effort into their game, there needs to be something that keeps me coming back. I've farmed the Warrior I don't know how many times in TVHM, and 95% of the stuff I've picked up has been absolute garbage. I've only gotten 1 Orange in all that time, and it's the one you're almost guaranteed for just beating him.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that attitude, don't get me wrong. A lot of people are going to be thinking like that, I was just using it as an example.

Now that farming the bosses is going to be a massive time consumption, Gearbox has basically assured that duping is going to rise. People won't waste time looking for legendaries, they'll just have friends dupe them.
#28Winter_is_cominPosted 11/14/2012 1:28:40 PM
Oh no! All the elitist a******* need to actually group together for a RAID boss. I take it you don't know what that means.... It means ou are supposed to get a GROUP together to fight it. Obviously people who are bent out of shape about the nerf saying that "Derp, I can't solo boss x, so now it's a useless shield." can't comprehend that. If you are half competent you can still use it effectively, you just can't solo things meant to be taken on by multiple people. True they should've fixed more things but at least they are showing the players their intentions on those certain bosses.
---
Xbox GT: Nitro Snipe22 Valar Morghoulis- All men must die.
#29kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 1:29:53 PM
DR_Pariah posted...
Four Skulls posted...
DR_Pariah posted...
Four Skulls posted...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that attitude, don't get me wrong. A lot of people are going to be thinking like that, I was just using it as an example.

Now that farming the bosses is going to be a massive time consumption, Gearbox has basically assured that duping is going to rise. People won't waste time looking for legendaries, they'll just have friends dupe them.

Duping is pretty much a constant. The people that dupe already have and will. The won't be that much of an increase of duping as a result. If anything increases it will be modded weapons.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#30imconfused2007Posted 11/14/2012 1:40:09 PM
I'm against it, unless they fix the broken drop rates as well. The only time I used the bee was to farm faster. Instead of taking 15 minutes to kill a boss, it might only take 3 now. Thats a 5x increase, which is significant when you may need to spend upwards of 30 hours farming for a particular item.

They dangle the carrot in front of us, but when the time comes for us to chase it, its held so far away as to be almost non-existent. Then when something is found to bring it a tad closer, they yank it away.

Gearbox isn't trying to make the game fun, they're trying to arbitrarily extend the length by increasing the effort and decreasing the reward. There are numerous problems that have existed the same amount of time. Deciding which ones to fix based not on the difficulty of fixing it, but on which ones will increase the gameplay counter is underhanded. Fixing a game should be about making it more enjoyable. Further degrading the chance for loot in a loot-based game is not.
---
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."