A poll about the Bee nerf

#31KURockChalkPosted 11/14/2012 1:05:53 PM
Funny how the vast majority are either against the nerf or impartial yet it's getting patched, if gearbox cared about their fan base they would pull this back
#32PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 1:08:27 PM
imconfused2007 posted...
I'm against it, unless they fix the broken drop rates as well. The only time I used the bee was to farm faster. Instead of taking 15 minutes to kill a boss, it might only take 3 now. Thats a 5x increase, which is significant when you may need to spend upwards of 30 hours farming for a particular item.

They dangle the carrot in front of us, but when the time comes for us to chase it, its held so far away as to be almost non-existent. Then when something is found to bring it a tad closer, they yank it away.

Gearbox isn't trying to make the game fun, they're trying to arbitrarily extend the length by increasing the effort and decreasing the reward. There are numerous problems that have existed the same amount of time. Deciding which ones to fix based not on the difficulty of fixing it, but on which ones will increase the gameplay counter is underhanded. Fixing a game should be about making it more enjoyable. Further degrading the chance for loot in a loot-based game is not.

What broken drop rates are you talking about exactly? The only boss that gives people a hard time with it's drop is the warrior. There's also a rumor that Doc Mercy has a glitch that causes him to drop nothing sometimes which decreases his drop probability, but I've gotten 5+ infinities from him.

Almost every boss i've farmed dropped something for me and most of them are easy to kill WITHOUT the bee. The bee just makes it so I don't have to try.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#33imconfused2007Posted 11/14/2012 1:47:01 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
imconfused2007 posted...
I'm against it, unless they fix the broken drop rates as well. The only time I used the bee was to farm faster. Instead of taking 15 minutes to kill a boss, it might only take 3 now. Thats a 5x increase, which is significant when you may need to spend upwards of 30 hours farming for a particular item.

They dangle the carrot in front of us, but when the time comes for us to chase it, its held so far away as to be almost non-existent. Then when something is found to bring it a tad closer, they yank it away.

Gearbox isn't trying to make the game fun, they're trying to arbitrarily extend the length by increasing the effort and decreasing the reward. There are numerous problems that have existed the same amount of time. Deciding which ones to fix based not on the difficulty of fixing it, but on which ones will increase the gameplay counter is underhanded. Fixing a game should be about making it more enjoyable. Further degrading the chance for loot in a loot-based game is not.

What broken drop rates are you talking about exactly? The only boss that gives people a hard time with it's drop is the warrior. There's also a rumor that Doc Mercy has a glitch that causes him to drop nothing sometimes which decreases his drop probability, but I've gotten 5+ infinities from him.

Almost every boss i've farmed dropped something for me and most of them are easy to kill WITHOUT the bee. The bee just makes it so I don't have to try.

Its not about the difficulty in killing them, its about the time invested. Well over 50% of my main character's playtime was spent farming, with varying success. And with probabilities as low as they are, some people end up lucky while others get the shaft. While you've gotten 5 infinities, I still have yet to get one, with at least 15 hours spent farming him.
---
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."
#34DR_PariahPosted 11/14/2012 1:53:10 PM
I love how as the thread goes, the approval rating for the nerf is just sinking.
#35Dr_GlorydaysPosted 11/14/2012 2:02:38 PM
They didn't nerf it solely because it made the game easier... They nerfed it because the mechanics of the shield paired with shotguns was not as intended. The real patch is to amp shields in general getting amp damage from EVERY shotgun particle. They aren't ignoring their fanbase, they're fixing an oversight in mechanics of the shield that were never intended to be there in the first place.
---
it is regular strumming, but instead of a pick, or your fingers, you use a slice of cheesecake.. it gets prety messy, therefore: dirty strumming. ~ kazater
#36PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 2:04:20 PM
imconfused2007 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
imconfused2007 posted...

Its not about the difficulty in killing them, its about the time invested. Well over 50% of my main character's playtime was spent farming, with varying success. And with probabilities as low as they are, some people end up lucky while others get the shaft. While you've gotten 5 infinities, I still have yet to get one, with at least 15 hours spent farming him.

That's my point with my assassin I can one shot Dukino's mom with a corrosive Tediore gun. I believe she has the highest health rating of the normal bosses. You don't need the bee to speed farm.

As far as Doc Mercy I think you might be over looking the drops. Since his stuff scatters everywhere and where you fight him isn't a level surface.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8