Best Guns for Me?

#1drj898Posted 11/14/2012 8:06:07 AM
I wanted to get an idea of some of the best guns in the game. So after Googling a lil bit, I found this:

http://kotaku.com/5947324/the-most-badass-weapons-in-borderlands-2

Very awesome page of photos submitted by gamers...(click show more) to keep looking..there's actually a ton.

Anyway, that's great if I was like level 30+. I'm not. I'm level 13. Soooo I guess I'm off to get Corrosive Teapot? That's pretty much all I can find. As level 13, what really are some of the best games I can find??
---
GT, and PSN: DrJ898
#2DoctorchubbyPosted 11/14/2012 8:15:46 AM
As your first time through the game, don't be looking for crazy sick gear. Just enjoy the game for what it is. I got my first orange at level 13 ( A Level 8 Infinity) purely by incredible luck, and then didn't run into another orange until almost level 28.
---
Karma is a way of showing other gamers that you don't have a life.showing that you are active means you have too many games
#3f0rgePosted 11/14/2012 8:24:36 AM
the problem is that even if you get a complete set of orange items they're going to be useless in 5-10 levels from now

the best advice is to just play the game, especially on playthrough 1, check all the vending machines in sanctuary religiously every time you're there and do some gambling and you should have no trouble coming up with level appropriate gear.

if you're really having trouble, use golden keys. follow randy pitchford on twitter he gives away like 2-3 every weekend.

farming is just not worth it at level 13.
#4drj898(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 8:26:41 AM
I am enjoying the game, I just find myself getting my ass handed to me over and over on storyline missions like Dam Fine Rescue right now. I feel like my weapons I have right now kinda suck a little bit.
---
#5fakesnoop77Posted 11/14/2012 8:41:10 AM
The best advice I can give is not to concern yourself too much with finding Oranges. To be honest, some Blue's and Purple's can be better.

The best thing to do is keep doing some chest runs in areas that are near your level and keep an eye on vending machines. Sometimes you can find a 'hidden gem' in them.

Have you tried tipping Moxxi for her Good/Bad touch? Those SMG's are devastating during earlier levels
---
GT = Fakesnoop77
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#6DoctorchubbyPosted 11/14/2012 8:46:02 AM
Yeah, go with tipping Moxxi for her SMGs. Every time the DoT ticks, you get health returned to you. And with all the armored enemies in Bloodshot's, you'll want a good corrosive weapon early. Only takes about 8k to get the gun.
---
Karma is a way of showing other gamers that you don't have a life.showing that you are active means you have too many games
#7drj898(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:04:48 AM
Ummm wow I feel like a noobie lol. I know you can tip her but I never knew what it does. How do you get her SMG's?
---
#8MosebysRangersPosted 11/14/2012 11:05:39 AM
Go with your style and that even goes with the Legendary oranges with best being dropped at Level 50

You essentially can only have 4 weapon slotted and are going to only switch out one or two as situation may dictate which elemental effect may work better-shields and relics are the same as well

One weapon for sure all classes generally need equipped is a rocket launcher for those more than difficult Fight for you Lifes. Last stands if you played COD.

So generally this leaves for me a decision of choosing 3 weapon types out of remaining 5. Pistol, SMG, Shotgun, sniper and assault rifle. So if you run and gun you'll probably shelve the sniper rifle to your back pack and use as needed for example.

Really depends on your style of play and than to strengths of your class can make a difference to some degree also.
#9MosebysRangersPosted 11/14/2012 11:22:22 AM
MosebysRangers posted...
Go with your style and that even goes with the Legendary oranges with best being dropped at Level 50

You essentially can only have 4 weapon slotted and are going to only switch out one or two as situation may dictate which elemental effect may work better-shields and relics are the same as well

One weapon for sure all classes generally need equipped is a rocket launcher for those more than difficult Fight for you Lifes. Last stands if you played COD.

So generally this leaves for me a decision of choosing 3 weapon types out of remaining 5. Pistol, SMG, Shotgun, sniper and assault rifle. So if you run and gun you'll probably shelve the sniper rifle to your back pack and use as needed for example.

Really depends on your style of play and than to strengths of your class can make a difference to some degree also.

Or you could go with two weapons of same type re pistols but each have differ elemental effects that just swap weapons as another altenative. I've been thinking of doing that recently dropping my AR and essentially just change pistol types on the fly.
#10fakesnoop77Posted 11/14/2012 12:45:48 PM
drj898 posted...
Ummm wow I feel like a noobie lol. I know you can tip her but I never knew what it does. How do you get her SMG's?

How much money do you have so far?

You will need tip her around $10000 then she will say something like "I think it's about time you were rewarded" and she will then hand you either Moxxxi good touch or bad touch.

If you have lots of money, just keep tipping her until she gives you a gun
---
GT = Fakesnoop77
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.