The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Serious question for people pro-bee nerf

#1KURockChalkPosted 11/14/2012 11:03:55 AM
Do you really think they're nerfing it because it's game breaking?
If so why haven't they patched the invincibility glitch?
Or the infinite ammo glitch?
They are way more game breaking than a the bee shield that is useless once one shot is put into it and is really only good for farming bosses
#2PenguinKillBearPosted 11/14/2012 11:05:39 AM
KURockChalk posted...
They are way more game breaking than a the bee shield that is useless once one shot is put into it and is really only good for farming bosses

Possibly scale. The amount of people abusing. In the hundreds of random games I ahve played. 90 percent or so have abused the bee and CC making it anti-fun.

I have never had anyone abuse the other two glitches.
---
GT; PenguinKillBear
#3VegetallPosted 11/14/2012 11:13:52 AM
its the fact, that they wanted this to be a multiplayer game, more then a solo game, and the bee/CC make the game pointess to play with other ppl if you dont have too...

i can solo everything in the game, as can most with that combo... i think thats why the nerf is coming...

i just hope they fix other things as well, to make it justifiable, like the treasure room glitch, since you basically dont even need to farm if you can do it, since everything and anything can be in those chests....

and drop the cost of the serph weapons or make them alittle better, since there not going to be worth the 120 price tag, once that nerf comes....
#4PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 11:28:05 AM
PenguinKillBear posted...
KURockChalk posted...

Possibly scale. The amount of people abusing. In the hundreds of random games I ahve played. 90 percent or so have abused the bee and CC making it anti-fun.

This is it basically.

If people did it in moderation it would not have got nerf'd. There is no consideration or moderation for a lot of people.

You really believe I should lock my game and have to schedule special groups just to play NORMALLY?

I should really have to hope through loops to enjoy the game the way it was intended.

I will reiterate. Patches cost money, if people didn't go overboard with exploitation and the like Gearbox would not have wasted the money patching said exploits. Proof is the glitches you listed that still exist. I just played around with the Evil Smasher Glich yesterday in solo game.

Now TC do you think it would be right if I jumped into random games with a Nukem that can do 4,000,000 damage that has infinite ammo and just start blowing everything up without the consent of the games host?
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#5KURockChalk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:30:36 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
KURockChalk posted...

This is it basically.

If people did it in moderation it would not have got nerf'd. There is no consideration or moderation for a lot of people.

You really believe I should lock my game and have to schedule special groups just to play NORMALLY?

I should really have to hope through loops to enjoy the game the way it was intended.

I will reiterate. Patches cost money, if people didn't go overboard with exploitation and the like Gearbox would not have wasted the money patching said exploits. Proof is the glitches you listed that still exist. I just played around with the Evil Smasher Glich yesterday in solo game.

Now TC do you think it would be right if I jumped into random games with a Nukem that can do 4,000,000 damage that has infinite ammo and just start blowing everything up without the consent of the games host?

If I didn't like it I would kick you.
#6JonnyJAB87Posted 11/14/2012 11:39:38 AM
Randy Pitchford is a slew of names I can not say on this site. None of the names that come to mind are good. I am really starting to hate gear box because of one man.
---
xbox360gt_ZG JABs panda
#7TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 11:45:49 AM
JonnyJAB87 posted...
Randy Pitchford is a slew of names I can not say on this site. None of the names that come to mind are good. I am really starting to hate gear box because of one man.

Because he took your crutch?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/14/2012 11:50:30 AM(edited)
people act like it will be impossible to farm anything solo anymore. and that the bee will now be a totally useless item. ever try using it with a high ROF weapon? it isnt nearly as stupid powerful as the CC combo, but its still damn effective.

and will continue to be even if they reduce the amp damage.

i understand that farming terra is going to be a lot tougher now, but isnt that how it should be? he isnt impossible to kill solo without the bee, but it is a challenge. people act like this nerf is the end of the world and will ruin the game. it isnt.

it will encourage people to branch out. try other things. find new super combos. the reason for the change in my eyes is stagnation. everybody knew about and had easy access to what amounted to near god mode damage.

it made normal bosses impossibly trivial and we ended up with stupid gimmicky garbage raid bosses like hyperious and GEE to try to counter that.

id much rather see a more balanced bee shield and future bosses that are fun to fight because GB doesnt have to worry about players smashing through them in 8 seconds. just my opinions here, but i really do feel like it will make the game better and more interesting in the long run
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 11:51:46 AM
KURockChalk posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
KURockChalk posted...

This is it basically.

If I didn't like it I would kick you.

How would you kick me before I do something to ruin your game? If you're fighting a boss and enjoying the challenge and suddenly somebody drops it I'm sure you'd be glad someone at your level to help. But then he walks in the room and one shots the boss. Yeah, you can kick him, but the damage is already done.

Now say you have to go through the scenario dozens of times every-time you play online. How fun is that? or every time somebody drops into your game you have to immediately drop everything rush and find them and examine their gear and question them.

It would be fine if say the person drops in and asks "Do you mind if...etc." But how often do people do that? That's why the bee got nerfed.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#10kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 11:55:52 AM
Developers don't like something in their game they nerf it.

Welcome to the new world of gaming and patches.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.