Serious question for people pro-bee nerf

#21PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 1:49:57 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...
Theismos posted...
Where did people get this asinine notion that "I should be able to play a game however I want!!!"? No, you'll play it the way the developers designed it. That's how games work. If they don't want the content of the game trivialized and opt to correct that then fantastic. At the very worst they're constantly working on the game and "trying" to improve it. Whining about it is ridiculous.

Because when people buy video games they think they own it.

They do own it...they just don't own the rights to the intellectual property.

When you buy a book you don't curse the author because he didn't end it the way you wanted him to. I mean you can...but he did it with his own idea in mind and as an art form you're just suppose to about it the watt he intended.

They bought the right to play it how the developers want. There is no owning it. You only have the physical property of the book same with a disc game.

It's the same thing with xbox live. You paid for the right to xbox live you do not own xbox live in any shape or form.

I guess same/difference imo. They just need to realize it's intended to be experienced a certain way. They can't be upset because they bought "Twilight" expecting it to be the next great "Dracula" novel. And even if "Twilight" started out with many similar "Dracula" themes, it's up to the authors discretion where they want to take the book in it's sequels.

TL:DR I agree with you I just interpret it differently.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#22mango95Posted 11/14/2012 1:54:10 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...
To Panopictonguy:

It is true that you can just run through but sometimes it is also fun to blow a few guys or loaders our of your way.

But only if you can do it one shot, right?

No. I just like having the option. I have always liked options in games. The more ways to play, the more it keeps my interest. I would find using the Bee all the time boring but I still want the option to use it on occasion.
---
Inflammable means flammable? What a country!
#23TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 2:01:46 PM
mango95 posted...

No. I just like having the option. I have always liked options in games. The more ways to play, the more it keeps my interest. I would find using the Bee all the time boring but I still want the option to use it on occasion.

Who's preventing you from using it?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#24mango95Posted 11/14/2012 2:11:21 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...

I would like to use it as it is today so I guess Gearbox will be preventing me from using it in its current form when they nerf it.
---
Inflammable means flammable? What a country!
#25kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 2:12:17 PM
mango95 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...

I would like to use it as it is today so I guess Gearbox will be preventing me from using it in its current form when they nerf it.

You just have to use it a different way...
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#26TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 2:14:53 PM
mango95 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...

Oh noes!!! It wont be the "I win" button I'm used to!! What shall I ever do!!!?! "You're" right, it's not a crutch.

(Not sure that you actually said that, but IMO your attitude towards the nerf proves it's status as a crutch item)
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#27aznghostbusterPosted 11/14/2012 2:20:43 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...

Oh noes!!! It wont be the "I win" button I'm used to!! What shall I ever do!!!?! "You're" right, it's not a crutch.

(Not sure that you actually said that, but IMO your attitude towards the nerf proves it's status as a crutch item)

Why are you trying so hard to get mango as worked up as you about this Bee debacle?
---
"If there's grass on the field, have sex with it." -Confucius
GT- TheLoveFister
#28TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 2:21:59 PM
aznghostbuster posted...

Why are you trying so hard to get mango as worked up as you about this Bee debacle?

Sorry if I come across as worked up, but what part of this exactly makes it a debacle? I wasn't aware that equipping the Bee after the patch turned you toon into a skag and made the file unplayable.
---
#29PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 2:22:07 PM
aznghostbuster posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
mango95 posted...

Yeah I was just about to say..."It's not that serious..."
---
#30PanopictonguyPosted 11/14/2012 2:24:54 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
aznghostbuster posted...

Sorry if I come across as worked up, but what part of this exactly makes it a debacle? I wasn't aware that equipping the Bee after the patch turned you toon into a skag and made the file unplayable.

You're kind of..going overboard. I'm pro-nerf, but your attitude is a bit much.

The guy likes to have an OP options. People like him aren't the reason Gearbox is nerfing the bee. There's no reason for you to jump down his throat like that.
---