Serious question for people pro-bee nerf

#31TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 2:28:22 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
aznghostbuster posted...

Why are you trying so hard to get mango as worked up as you about this Bee debacle?

Sorry if I come across as worked up, but what part of this exactly makes it a debacle? I wasn't aware that equipping the Bee after the patch turned you toon into a skag and made the file unplayable.

You're kind of..going overboard. I'm pro-nerf, but your attitude is a bit much.

The guy likes to have an OP options. People like him aren't the reason Gearbox is nerfing the bee. There's no reason for you to jump down his throat like that.

My apologies for the aggression then. It's just confounding that some people truly feel that since it's not as OP as it once was, it's utterly worthless now. Like there can't ever be any middle ground with these people. I'm sorry that I get frustrated when I don't understand something, you didn't deserve the venting I gave you.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#32KURockChalk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 2:31:26 PM
Another question just thought of
What are all you bee complainers going to do when modders run wild and I can join your game with an I finite Badaboom that does 100k x12 damage?
#33aznghostbusterPosted 11/14/2012 2:33:10 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
I wasn't aware that equipping the Bee after the patch turned you toon into a skag and made the file unplayable.

It would be awesome if it turned me into a gunzerking bullymong instead. Quad-wielding guns? Bad-f***ing-ass! XD
---
"If there's grass on the field, have sex with it." -Confucius
GT- TheLoveFister
#34mango95Posted 11/14/2012 2:59:50 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
aznghostbuster posted...

Why are you trying so hard to get mango as worked up as you about this Bee debacle?

Sorry if I come across as worked up, but what part of this exactly makes it a debacle? I wasn't aware that equipping the Bee after the patch turned you toon into a skag and made the file unplayable.

You're kind of..going overboard. I'm pro-nerf, but your attitude is a bit much.

The guy likes to have an OP options. People like him aren't the reason Gearbox is nerfing the bee. There's no reason for you to jump down his throat like that.

My apologies for the aggression then. It's just confounding that some people truly feel that since it's not as OP as it once was, it's utterly worthless now. Like there can't ever be any middle ground with these people. I'm sorry that I get frustrated when I don't understand something, you didn't deserve the venting I gave you.

Its OK. I am not offended or worked up. I am just stating my opinion as are you.

I am not an all or nothing guy. I will still use the Bee even if it is nerfed. I just think it would be better left the way it is for individuals to use and try to find a multiplayer solution to reduce its overuse.
---
Inflammable means flammable? What a country!
#35teknic1200Posted 11/14/2012 3:08:14 PM
where did I miss the part where folks were forced to play with the bee?

the fact that someone doing something that has no effect on you actually bothers people is the very definition of a turd sandwich.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#36TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 3:10:52 PM
teknic1200 posted...
the fact that someone doing something that has no effect on you actually bothers people is the very definition of a turd sandwich.

Which is exactly what all the anti-nerf people are doing. Nothing about the changes make the Bee any less usable, only less OP. But that's not good enough, is it?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#37PensatoPosted 11/14/2012 3:13:43 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
You really believe I should lock my game and have to schedule special groups just to play NORMALLY?

Play normally? Both the the Bee and CC are normal items in the game. Anyone who uses them is playing normally. They are legendary items, so they are suppose to be OP.

Gearbox put them in and then left them in because they thought it was fine. It was when a handful of crybabies started crying that people weren't playing the game the way they thought they should be playing it that Gearbox was like...on noes!

Panopictonguy posted...
I will reiterate. Patches cost money, if people didn't go overboard with exploitation and the like Gearbox would not have wasted the money patching said exploits. Proof is the glitches you listed that still exist. I just played around with the Evil Smasher Glich yesterday in solo game.

Except they didn't just patch in the Bee nerf. They added it to a entire patch of things they fixed. If it was just the Bee nerf it wold have never gone through because wasting money on something that wasn't a big deal is pointless.

However, they had plenty of bugs and glitches that needed to be fixed so they threw in the Bee nerf as well. That's why it took so long to get out. It wasn't worth paying for on it's own.

TheBestFaller posted...
JonnyJAB87 posted...
Randy Pitchford is a slew of names I can not say on this site. None of the names that come to mind are good. I am really starting to hate gear box because of one man.

Because he took your crutch?

Because Pitchford has the unfortunate habit of saying a lot of untrue statements about the game. This tends to piss people off. See what happened to Peter Molyneux. Pitchford should hire a PR to help keep him out of trouble.

Panopictonguy posted...
They do own it...they just don't own the rights to the intellectual property.

When you buy a book you don't curse the author because he didn't end it the way you wanted him to. I mean you can...but he did it with his own idea in mind and as an art form you're just suppose to about it the watt he intended.

In the United States, no, you don't own it. You don't even own the CD or the case it comes in. Read the license agreement on the back of the booklet. The company can ask you to send the disc and case back anytime they want with out compensation of any kind and you legally have to send them back.

It's the same with music and movies.

You don't own them, you're just leasing the rights to use them.

Your book analogy is bad for two reasons. First, people do curse author of books for ending the book in a way they don't like/agree with/whatever. Second, books are a very different medium than a game. Books you read trough the story. Games, you play through it. You become part of the the story. On top of that most games have gamplay outside of the story where as once you've read the book. You're done with it.

As for the notion on why they think they can play how they want? Well it comes from most game companies themselves. Gearbox promotes modding. They state it's because they want players to have fun in the game by playing....guess what...that's right. The way they want to.
#38kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 3:23:15 PM
Pensato cmon man you don't think gearbox could actually not like the way the bee works currently?

They didn't like new haven and it got nerfed. They didn't like daze and it got nerfed. They buffed shock and other things in the first.

This isn't new that gearbox has nerfed or buffed things in borderlands to attempt to create balance. The bee was broken to gearbox with tediore reloads, shotgun pellets, recharge delay, and amp damage. They still left in the pivotal no amp loss. It's not like it was destroyed.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#39WandymanPosted 11/14/2012 3:47:16 PM
Gearbox made The Bee exactly how they wanted it. Don't you think they understood how it would work? It's all the whiners that ruined it for everyone.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#40TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 3:48:34 PM
Wandyman posted...
Gearbox made The Bee exactly how they wanted it. Don't you think they understood how it would work? It's all the whiners that ruined it for everyone.

just as they made the DLC the way they wanted, wiping everyone's badass ranks and such, right? Right?
---