Serious question for people pro-bee nerf

#41kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 3:50:00 PM
Wandyman posted...
Gearbox made The Bee exactly how they wanted it. Don't you think they understood how it would work? It's all the whiners that ruined it for everyone.

You are foolish to believe it could not have been an oversight in the game. People complain about millions of things and go unnerfed or fixed. Many things get patched in co-op games to create balance. This happens to be one of them.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#42PensatoPosted 11/14/2012 3:57:21 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Pensato cmon man you don't think gearbox could actually not like the way the bee works currently?

They didn't like new haven and it got nerfed. They didn't like daze and it got nerfed. They buffed shock and other things in the first.

This isn't new that gearbox has nerfed or buffed things in borderlands to attempt to create balance. The bee was broken to gearbox with tediore reloads, shotgun pellets, recharge delay, and amp damage. They still left in the pivotal no amp loss. It's not like it was destroyed.

You could be right. Of course if they didn't like the Bee as it was, why did they leave it in? Simple answer, Gearbox is clueless about their own game. They didn't know the Bee worked the way it did, because even though they designed it and wrote the coed for it, they didn't have clue what it really did.

I mean, I could understand if they just felt it needed to be nerfed with the Baby Maker or CC since that can be a easy oversight in design. But they nerfed it's stats too, which shows to me, they didn't really know what they were doing when they designed it to begin with.

The red chests in New Haven wasn't suppose to be in at release by the way. Someone was suppose to change the code and didn't. They didn't even realize it was in the released version till people on the boards were like hey, just farm NH.

Daze is same issue as the Bee.

So I can see your point. I still think the crybabies had a lot to do with it though.
#43WandymanPosted 11/14/2012 3:58:07 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Wandyman posted...
Gearbox made The Bee exactly how they wanted it. Don't you think they understood how it would work? It's all the whiners that ruined it for everyone.

You are foolish to believe it could not have been an oversight in the game. People complain about millions of things and go unnerfed or fixed. Many things get patched in co-op games to create balance. This happens to be one of them.

So they sit down and create weapons, they give the Legendary rare Bee a draw back of low capacity, high amp damage/recharge and no drain. It only works when the shield is fully charged, so you can't just run/gun and have infinite amp damage. Being so low, the Bee is pretty much one shot on 2.5. You'd have to be an idiot or ignorant to think they didn't realize what they created. When fanboys cry and whine and sob, they have to do something about it so they don't lose that money. It's all about money. Complain enough, you'll get your way. Now the people that are pro-nerf set up a chain reaction for other over powered combo's. People will regret whining when more goes down.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#44WandymanPosted 11/14/2012 4:00:56 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Wandyman posted...

just as they made the DLC the way they wanted, wiping everyone's badass ranks and such, right? Right?

The Bee is acting the exact way they designed it. What they are doing now is fixing something they created. People made a big fuss that the way they designed it made it EXTREMELY powerful. There is a difference between intentional design and an internal glitch.
---
#45TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 4:05:54 PM
Wandyman posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
Wandyman posted...

just as they made the DLC the way they wanted, wiping everyone's badass ranks and such, right? Right?

The Bee is acting the exact way they designed it. What they are doing now is fixing something they created. People made a big fuss that the way they designed it made it EXTREMELY powerful. There is a difference between intentional design and an internal glitch.

But they aknowledged that it was, in fact, NOT working as intented with shotguns and Tediore reloads. So, were they lieing then, or you now?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#46kiwimyweeweePosted 11/14/2012 4:08:09 PM
Pensato posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...
Pensato cmon man you don't think gearbox could actually not like the way the bee works currently?

They didn't like new haven and it got nerfed. They didn't like daze and it got nerfed. They buffed shock and other things in the first.

This isn't new that gearbox has nerfed or buffed things in borderlands to attempt to create balance. The bee was broken to gearbox with tediore reloads, shotgun pellets, recharge delay, and amp damage. They still left in the pivotal no amp loss. It's not like it was destroyed.

You could be right. Of course if they didn't like the Bee as it was, why did they leave it in? Simple answer, Gearbox is clueless about their own game. They didn't know the Bee worked the way it did, because even though they designed it and wrote the coed for it, they didn't have clue what it really did.

I mean, I could understand if they just felt it needed to be nerfed with the Baby Maker or CC since that can be a easy oversight in design. But they nerfed it's stats too, which shows to me, they didn't really know what they were doing when they designed it to begin with.

The red chests in New Haven wasn't suppose to be in at release by the way. Someone was suppose to change the code and didn't. They didn't even realize it was in the released version till people on the boards were like hey, just farm NH.

Daze is same issue as the Bee.

So I can see your point. I still think the crybabies had a lot to do with it though.

With how this sequel is going I really think they are clueless. If nobody cried I think the same result would have happened. People cry about a lot of things and they don't get nerfed/buffed or removed a lot.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#47WandymanPosted 11/14/2012 4:14:19 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Wandyman posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
Wandyman posted...

But they aknowledged that it was, in fact, NOT working as intented with shotguns and Tediore reloads. So, were they lieing then, or you now?

Do you believe everything everyone tells you? It's an easy out for Gearbox to come out and say it that way to make it sound like a mistake and not intentional.
---
#48TheBestFallerPosted 11/14/2012 4:15:19 PM
Wandyman posted...

Do you believe everything everyone tells you? It's an easy out for Gearbox to come out and say it that way to make it sound like a mistake and not intentional.

So no matter who says what, you already know all the facts? That's good to know. Good day sir. Or Ma'am? Thing?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#49charon78auPosted 11/14/2012 4:19:17 PM
The Bee didn't ruin the online game. Modders did/do that. Graveyard.sav is now fixed, but many people who were playing this game have moved on to other big name titles that have recently launched.

Having said that, I don't mind that they nerfed it. I prefer other level 50 shields over the bee for normal play anyway. The Bee is strictly for farming IMO.
---
Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#50WandymanPosted 11/14/2012 4:28:39 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Wandyman posted...

So no matter who says what, you already know all the facts? That's good to know. Good day sir. Or Ma'am? Thing?

So YOU know the facts?
---