How bad is the Bee nerf?

#11Four SkullsPosted 11/14/2012 7:10:27 PM
Used the Bee to farm Bnk-3r tonight

I ran across a Gun Loader. Regular, dies in one shot Gun-Loader. He was some distance away, so I started shooting at him...he shot me once and not only took down my shield, but also took 35,000 life, leaving me in critical condition.

Took down Bnk-3r's life bar, waiting for him to return to his dying spot, when he tosses his homing shots into the temple area instantly dropping me. I run out of time trying to crawl where to where I can shoot an enemy.

Took down Bnk-3r's life bar, turned around to run and hide until he return to his dying spot, got instantly dropped by a security laser. No enemies around to kill.

Friend joins in, didn't notice him run ahead, he gets dropped by Bnk-3r at the top of the stairs leading to the ring. I go to get him up, only to have myself get dropped by homing shots. Then he gets me up, but gets downed, I get him up but get downed, the he gets downed trying to get me up. No one left to shoot.

Yeah, the Bee was so bad that it needs a nerf.
#12WolfFangHowellPosted 11/14/2012 7:41:27 PM
Four Skulls posted...

I ran across a Gun Loader. Regular, dies in one shot Gun-Loader. He was some distance away, so I started shooting at him...he shot me once and not only took down my shield, but also took 35,000 life, leaving me in critical condition.

Took down Bnk-3r's life bar, waiting for him to return to his dying spot, when he tosses his homing shots into the temple area instantly dropping me. I run out of time trying to crawl where to where I can shoot an enemy.

Took down Bnk-3r's life bar, turned around to run and hide until he return to his dying spot, got instantly dropped by a security laser. No enemies around to kill.

Friend joins in, didn't notice him run ahead, he gets dropped by Bnk-3r at the top of the stairs leading to the ring. I go to get him up, only to have myself get dropped by homing shots. Then he gets me up, but gets downed, I get him up but get downed, the he gets downed trying to get me up. No one left to shoot.

I remember my first video game.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
---
"Needless to say that drumset looked worse than Emmit Till during his funeral viewing." ---Brock HCTP
#13Four SkullsPosted 11/14/2012 7:49:20 PM
Thats nice. Mine was Pac-Man.
#14BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/14/2012 7:56:26 PM
I have a 94% Shem and a purple element mod that cuts fire, corrosive, explosive and non elemental damage by just over 20% each. I should be ok.

R.I.P My beautiful bee.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#15Bubba787Posted 11/14/2012 8:00:16 PM
Four Skulls posted...

What game are you playing? That description is the largest exaggeration I've ever seen. A regular gun loader shot takes out less than 10% of my 40k shield at 50. I can see the homing missiles dropping you if you stand there and take every one to the face. A security laser...HAHAHA really?!? That's absolutely impossible, those do next to no damage at all.

1. You've found a way to unlock a super-crazy, badass, down me instantly mode that I don't know about.

or

2. You're exaggerating to help your point which is worse than confirmation bias as your making up your own false evidence.

or

3. You suck at this game.

I've never owned the Bee, but even without my Bore skill on Zero, the bunker at level 50 is not bad at all if you've got a handful of purples or blues and your build doesn't blow.
---
MrPibbRules: Hey man, she has two tentacles...can't we share?
SSJGrimReaper: Well...okay. As long as we don't make eye contact it should be fine.
#16Four SkullsPosted 11/14/2012 8:32:24 PM(edited)
Bubba787 posted...

=

What game are you playing? That description is the largest exaggeration I've ever seen. A regular gun loader shot takes out less than 10% of my 40k shield at 50. I can see the homing missiles dropping you if you stand there and take every one to the face. A security laser...HAHAHA really?!? That's absolutely impossible, those do next to no damage at all.

1. You've found a way to unlock a super-crazy, badass, down me instantly mode that I don't know about.

or

2. You're exaggerating to help your point which is worse than confirmation bias as your making up your own false evidence.

or

I've never owned the Bee, but even without my Bore skill on Zero, the bunker at level 50 is not bad at all if you've got a handful of purples or blues and your build doesn't blow.

Well, it only has a normal capacity of 23~24,000. I'm using a Raider Class mod to up my Money Shot to +10 so I'm doing +800% damage. It drops my shield rating down to 18,000. So, while you're comfortable in your 40K shield, I'm basically wrapping myself in wet toilet paper.

The only one that is really improbable is the Security Laser, but I might have been tagged with something else that took my shield out first. I'm not exactly sure what I got me, but I have seen the Security Laser take my shield out before. Because it's only 18,000.

I know you've never owned a Bee, but it trades out it's strength with the weakness of having a relatively low capacity compared to other shields of it's level.
#17Four SkullsPosted 11/14/2012 8:31:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18minimang123Posted 11/14/2012 8:47:39 PM
Well this f***ing sucks. Now, if you actually want to be able to enjoy the game, you need to find some modded weapons that kill all enemies in one hit. This is utterly ridiculous.

Babymakers won't work. Shotguns won't work. You need a high rate of fire if anything.

I spent 2 straight hours killing Terramorphous, at (generously high time) 6 minutes per run. Let's pretend. I didn't receive a single orange item. Meaning, after 20 runs, 2 hours (and I had a second controller plugged in), I did not receive a single orange item. Now, with the nerf to the bee, let's make believe that I can manage to kill him in 15 minutes per run now, if that, alone. In those two hours, I'll be able to fight him 8 times now, and even then I won't get an orange. What the hell fun is that?

Why in the hell would Gearbox ruin their broken game like this? How am I meant to respect the game company now? There are a million reasons why it's not wrong of people to use tactics like this, and never once have I heard a legitimate argument against the bee. Every single time that someone b****es about the bee, all they say is that it is "unfair". Well, guess what morons, now there is absolutely no reason to play the game. What fun is there in fighting a boss for 2 hours straight, killing him 20 times, and not getting anything worthwhile? Now it will take 5 hours to do the same thing. Nobody has that kind of time to waste, nor should they have to.

Gearbox just lost a damn faithful customer, at least for now.
---
GT: minimang123
#19Bubba787Posted 11/14/2012 8:47:49 PM
Four Skulls posted...
Bubba787 posted...

=

or

or

Well, it only has a normal capacity of 23~24,000. I'm using a Raider Class mod to up my Money Shot to +10 so I'm doing +800% damage. It drops my shield rating down to 18,000. So, while you're comfortable in your 40K shield, I'm basically wrapping myself in wet toilet paper.

The only one that is really improbable is the Security Laser, but I might have been tagged with something else that took my shield out first. I'm not exactly sure what I got me, but I have seen the Security Laser take my shield out before. Because it's only 18,000.

I know you've never owned a Bee, but it trades out it's strength with the weakness of having a relatively low capacity compared to other shields of it's level.

Less than 10% of 40k is less than 40k. At 18k, he can attack you at least 5 times before your shields are out...exaggeration. That's not even counting health which should be relatively high. My Zero sniper has no health skills and is sitting at around 59k, as far as I remember. So, for you that's another 13 or 14 shots...explain to me how you got down in one loader shot.

The security laser doesn't even take a noticeable hit on my shields...so that's less than what 1k damage. I doubt it by alone can take out your shields.

I know how the Bee works. That's not my point. I was saying without the Bee the bunker is a relatively easy boss even solo. The fact that you do 800% more damage should make it even easier for you than me if I don't have Bore.
---
MrPibbRules: Hey man, she has two tentacles...can't we share?
SSJGrimReaper: Well...okay. As long as we don't make eye contact it should be fine.
#20Narugarex13Posted 11/14/2012 8:53:04 PM
Bubba787 posted...
Four Skulls posted...

or

or

Here it comes.... there just had to be a guy who's "hardcore" and trash talk those who enjoy the casual experience....

The bee and cc combo are op beyond reason we all get that but seriously dude, don't be a wise ass. Unlike some people (cough....), there are people who play this game from scratch who must cope with the broken drop rate of blue+ rarity equipments with good stats instead of greens and normals. The weapon level scaling in this game is a bit odd and the damage done by enemies in TVH is big regardless of how good your shields are. The bee is probably there cause the devs thought TVH's more damaging enemies will render the bee's amp damage to be tricky to use (which is a bit of an underestimation?).

That aside, getting a decent shield in BL2's TVH isn't exactly that important as shields will go down in 2 shots or so (even ones with 60k caps like the terra shield).

"a handful of purple"..... dude... decent purps drop on your 1st TVH run is insanely low, mind you the weapon level scaling is a bit odd in this game.

Your arguments are odd cause I've played as Zero and his hp is the lowest out of all the classes and even with a good shield, he'll rely on his cloaking to stay on the run in a MULTIPLAYER game.

Claiming others suck at his/her game cause they are stumbled on an odd situation in a legitimate progress is just arrogant and childish. Acting as if you're so good at this game on a legitimate run by a condescending "hardcore" player such as yourself does not prove your ability a a gamer. Heck, gamers play games for fun, not taking it as a testament of life or something that you HAVE to be the absolute "best" to bash other people....

That aside, the bee is op true but getting "the perfect" bee and cc took a lot of time which makes that game breaking power so much more rewarding.