Bee nerf isn't really a nerf. Here's why

#1im_a_double_xlPosted 11/15/2012 3:17:10 AM
The Bee is a good shield whether you use it with the CC or not. It wasn't working as intended, that's why they are fixing it. The amp shot damage should always have been divided between pellets. If you use a regular amp shield, you lose capacity on the shot. This means that by the time the other pellets hit you have already lost the effect. With the Bee that didn't happen. You could use a 50k amp damage shield to do more than one million damage. If they wanted the amp damage that high, they would have made it that high instead of only 50k.

Also, all legendary weapons have an effect that makes them legendary, but all other stats are lacking. The sham has 94% bullet absorb, but you only can use it against enemies with guns because of a low capacity. Babymaker has a high damage reload, but I have found green SMGs with more base damage. Basically they all have one benefit that makes them legendary. The Bee shield has 0 amp shot drain. I believe that is the one legendary effect on the shield, not the insane amp damage.

Am I mad they are nerfing it? To be honest, a little. I have never fought any of the Invincibles solo because I don't have the gear to do so. I have tried Terra, but with only the Bee and not the CC, I couldn't do it. I like it in a way though as well. I play as a healing Siren, so now I don't feel like I'm useless anymore. More people are going to need healed if all the enemies don't get one shot killed.

I think that if the added content of this game is up to par, this move will only better the game, not ruin it. In the end, I like the so called "nerf", although I would rather call it a fix.
#2Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/15/2012 3:19:21 AM
But will the Bee's amp damage be separated between the secondary pellets of the CC and make the Bee worthless to use with it?
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#3SweetMadnessPosted 11/15/2012 3:21:48 AM
And in the end, it won't matter, because people will go and cry about the next "broken" item/combo.
---
Trolls vs. Fanatics. Trolls win, always.
GT- SweetMadness
#4im_a_double_xl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 3:27:23 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
But will the Bee's amp damage be separated between the secondary pellets of the CC and make the Bee worthless to use with it?

Yes it will be, but that was intended all along. It also won't make it useless, just not as strong as before. You are still doing more damage than without a Bee.
#5Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/15/2012 3:32:05 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...

Yes it will be, but that was intended all along. It also won't make it useless, just not as strong as before. You are still doing more damage than without a Bee.

Not really if it the damage from the amp is divided between all the secondary pellets also, then really it would be x5 or x7 + how ever many secondary pellets to divide the damage from the amp by. At that point it would be better to use another shotgun, or a purple hyperion shotgun. As each secondary pellet created by the originals would then make the amp damage even less for each one.
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#6im_a_double_xl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 3:34:18 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...

Not really if it the damage from the amp is divided between all the secondary pellets also, then really it would be x5 or x7 + how ever many secondary pellets to divide the damage from the amp by. At that point it would be better to use another shotgun, or a purple hyperion shotgun. As each secondary pellet created by the originals would then make the amp damage even less for each one.

I guess I didn't get what you were saying before. Yes, each pellet would be worth less with the CC than pellets with other shotguns. However, no matter what gun you use the max amp damage on a 50k amp shield would be 50k.
#7Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/15/2012 3:40:40 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...
im_a_double_xl posted...

I guess I didn't get what you were saying before. Yes, each pellet would be worth less with the CC than pellets with other shotguns. However, no matter what gun you use the max amp damage on a 50k amp shield would be 50k.

I know but at the regular x5 you would have around 10k on each pellet, while the x7 would have less and even less with each secondary pellet produced.

Though the bee nerf isn't all that bad as the single bullet automatic weapons would likely benefit more by it, though the Slagga/any weapon with a high rate of fire and a small amount of x# of bullets action would likely benefit the most.

Before the nerf the CC did so well mainly because of the secondary pellets it shot out horizontally from the original pellets. With the nerf the CC would likely mix the worst with the bee.
---
#8im_a_double_xl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 3:45:56 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...
im_a_double_xl posted...

I know but at the regular x5 you would have around 10k on each pellet, while the x7 would have less and even less with each secondary pellet produced.

Though the bee nerf isn't all that bad as the single bullet automatic weapons would likely benefit more by it, though the Slagga/any weapon with a high rate of fire and a small amount of x# of bullets action would likely benefit the most.

Before the nerf the CC did so well mainly because of the secondary pellets it shot out horizontally from the original pellets. With the nerf the CC would likely mix the worst with the bee.

Yes, I agree. Any gun that shoots less secondary rounds would benefit more, because the chance of missing some of the amp damage is lessened.
#9Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/15/2012 3:48:08 AM
im_a_double_xl posted...
im_a_double_xl posted...
im_a_double_xl posted...

Yes, I agree. Any gun that shoots less secondary rounds would benefit more, because the chance of missing some of the amp damage is lessened.

Well that and the amp damage applied to each shot is going to slightly more than if you have more rounds...... So any shotgun that has like x20 would likely gain the least from it.
---
#10PirotessePosted 11/15/2012 5:01:58 AM
The TLDR version.

Shotguns will no longer be OP with Bee.
Now the infinity pistol is going to be much more valuable than ever so we all get to enjoy the wonders of farming the boss with the worst legendary droprate in the game! (Or find someone to dupe one for you) Yay!