tips on downing hyperius and master gee

#1t3st33zPosted 11/15/2012 8:47:19 AM
my buddys and i keep attempting to down hyperius with no sucess any tips would be greatly appreciated.
#2ShirasePosted 11/15/2012 9:09:03 AM
Any info about the group going in? Got a Siren that can res you guys while hiding behind the pipe? (and you're aware of the pipe that can shield you from the novas and rockets, yes?)

I'm assuming you're trying to beat him legitimately, so yeah.

Otherwise, the "cheater method that will get patched when The Bee is nerfed" way to do it is:

1. Survive the first 2 novas at the beginning of the fight.
2. Attack the smaller bots so they request repairs from Hyperius. DO NOT KILL THEM.
3. Once his shield down, use a Baby Maker + The Bee shield and constantly throw the reloads at him. (As of right now, every round left in the reload of the Baby Maker will do The Bee's Amp damage. Yes, it is cheap.) I did this by tapping X and RT at the same time really quickly.
4. Run away to the pipe, hide out to let your shields/life regain a bit.
5. Repeat.

Using a Singularity grenade also helps a lot since you can pull all of the smaller bots together and kill them quicker. But yeah, more info about your team will help us answer your question, I think.
---
XBL: quahog convo
PSN: quahogconvo
#3Poopskin860Posted 11/15/2012 11:49:46 AM
easiest way is to get multiple people with bee shield, baby makers, and tediore allegiance relic (70/30) and just unload reloads of the baby maker on hyperious. should be able to down him within just a few seconds, then just kill the bots and your golden
---
GT: Poopskin860
#4PensatoPosted 11/15/2012 12:07:13 PM
Shirase posted...
2. Attack the smaller bots so they request repairs from Hyperius. DO NOT KILL THEM.
3. Once his shield down, use a Baby Maker + The Bee shield and constantly throw the reloads at him. (As of right now, every round left in the reload of the Baby Maker will do The Bee's Amp damage. Yes, it is cheap.) I did this by tapping X and RT at the same time really quickly.

Why even wait that long? You can down him before the bots even show up.
#5aznghostbusterPosted 11/15/2012 12:18:06 PM
lol I like how both tips given to the TC required The Bee.
---
"If there's grass on the field, have sex with it." -Confucius
GT- TheLoveFister
#6ShirasePosted 11/15/2012 12:25:15 PM
Pensato posted...
Shirase posted...

Why even wait that long? You can down him before the bots even show up.

Eh, that's true. I've seen a couple people do it right at the beginning. I don't think I'm spec'd for that myself, so I didn't try.
---
XBL: quahog convo
PSN: quahogconvo
#7t3st33z(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:58:18 AM
we have 2 sirens and a mechromancer all lvl 50 of course. but it is possible to down him with the 3 of us then?
#8f0rgePosted 11/16/2012 7:20:54 AM
keep throwing your babymaker even if you're in fight for your life, that's how i finally killed him. my teammate had already given up and respawned, he was so confused.