This wasn't nominated for GOTY by the VGA's...

#1liveman789Posted 11/15/2012 5:05:44 PM
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

All those games don't belong. The only ones that do are Dishonored and The Walking Dead.

Borderlands 2 should have been in there.

Journey was great, but it's a small game.
#2AngryOldFeralPosted 11/15/2012 5:07:21 PM
Max Payne 3 was pretty good. I'd nominate that over this.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#3JManGTPosted 11/15/2012 5:11:16 PM(edited)
While I don't agree with their selections either,
Borderlands 2 isn't goty material
It's an improvement on the first but it doesn't bring anything new that we haven't seen before like the first game did.
--
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#4keiththeWOLFPosted 11/15/2012 5:08:57 PM
agreed. AC III is just not good. That is clearly a case of it getting nominated just because it is AC. I liked those games until revelations by the way. I swear I'm not a hater.

I loved Journey, but it's not GOTY material to me. Eh, maybe it is. I dont know. Borderlands is definitely my GOTY.
---
PSN: Keith_Wolf
GT: Keith Wolf
#5keiththeWOLFPosted 11/15/2012 5:10:12 PM
Not trying to argue but did any games come out this year that really did bring something new to the table? I want to play them. Is Dishonored innovative like that? I gotta play that game.
---
PSN: Keith_Wolf
GT: Keith Wolf
#6generalhsPosted 11/15/2012 5:22:02 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 is a maybe, but suffers from a terrible lack of polish. Mass Effect 3 definitely does not belong for the lack of polish and awful, awful plot and ending.

Borderlands 2 should definitely have one of their places, but this year sadly hasn;t been great for games. I'm just glad there's no Halo or Call of Duty there.
#7TjayroganPosted 11/15/2012 5:55:21 PM
I dont understand how journey is on that list. Isnt that game only 5 hours long? If it is i think bl2 should be there instead.
---
The darker it gets, the brighter light shine( the Ro)
#8DerailerPosted 11/15/2012 5:58:36 PM
Tjayrogan posted...
Isnt that game only 5 hours long?

Length doesn't mean a good game. And grinding can get really tedious.

I can understand why BL2 isn't in the GOTY list myself. That said, I enjoyed BL2 for what it was.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#9Winter_is_cominPosted 11/15/2012 6:09:50 PM
May not be on GOTY, but it's under best xbox game. Just gotta go through the categories.
---
Xbox GT: Nitro Snipe22 Valar Morghoulis- All men must die.
#10MetalgenesisPosted 11/15/2012 6:17:36 PM
VGA's are a joke award show. Basically the Teen Choice Awards of video games.
---
Maybe I'll use you, to blow a midget's head off, or maybe I won't. - zer0