This wasn't nominated for GOTY by the VGA's...

#11MrImpatient35Posted 11/15/2012 7:48:42 PM
Metalgenesis posted...
VGA's are a joke award show. Basically the Teen Choice Awards of video games.

^this
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#12deimos91Posted 11/15/2012 7:51:06 PM
ME3 really it was somehow worse than 2 and wasnt even worth 1/2 of the price
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#13pro9b17Posted 11/15/2012 8:00:14 PM
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

All those games don't belong. The only ones that do are Dishonored and The Walking Dead.

Borderlands 2 should have been in there.

Journey was great, but it's a small game.

Borderlands 2 doesn't deserve a nomination. Aside from the good story, graphics and voice acting, everything else is a mess. And there is literally nothing to do after one playthru. Multiplayer is most poorly designed feature of BL2. If they make a patch that fixes most of the problems, it deserves a nomination.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#14OofreakoOPosted 11/15/2012 8:08:26 PM
pro9b17 posted...
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

All those games don't belong. The only ones that do are Dishonored and The Walking Dead.

Borderlands 2 doesn't deserve a nomination. Aside from the good story, graphics and voice acting, everything else is a mess. And there is literally nothing to do after one playthru. Multiplayer is most poorly designed feature of BL2. If they make a patch that fixes most of the problems, it deserves a nomination.

you've never played this game.
---
The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens.
#15LusterPaladinPosted 11/15/2012 8:18:58 PM
Mechromancer Pack Borderlands 2 for DLC... uhh wtf?
What happened to Captain Scarlett's booty?
---
XboxGT: KING JAMI
Bossanova - Blue Bossanova
#16lloyd_doblerPosted 11/15/2012 8:21:32 PM
pro9b17 posted...
And there is literally nothing to do after one playthru.

-TVHM.
-Play as a different character class.
-Chase after achievements (if you're into that sort of thing.)
---
Inyuk-chuk!
#17Adzy2005Posted 11/15/2012 8:24:01 PM
You can tell that spike thing is a load of crap because every category has ACIII, ME3 and BLOPS 2 in, all of which are terribad games.

AC and CoD both release about 6 games a year each too.
---
"Tell me you brought the ****ing golf shoes!" - Raoul Duke
PSN: mr_bungle50221
#18borochadwicsaysPosted 11/15/2012 8:26:46 PM
You all sound disappointed, like somehow this takes money from your pocket. Gearbox should be the ones who are disappointed. GOTY is a big deal from any outlet. This game could have been nominated, but really, it IS NOT that good. Most people who play casually don't like grinding for hours just to see 1 legendary gun out of a hundred. Playthrough for playthrough this game is short, semi-plotless, frantic, and ultimately unrewarding for all but the most hardcore gamers (or those willing to cheat).
#19borochadwicsaysPosted 11/15/2012 8:29:28 PM
OofreakoO posted...
pro9b17 posted...

you've never played this game.

You're ridiculous. What, play through it another time the exact same way? YAY!!!! Most people aren't OCD gamers who play the same boss 500 times to get a slightly better, slightly unique gun. Most people play games to see the story and use the most badass guns they can imagine. Not to grind for 10 hours on the same spot mindlessly for 1 weapon. Most of us have things to do. That's why this niche game isn't GOTY, and has no REAL replay value for most of us.
#20AstardesPosted 11/15/2012 8:29:36 PM
Adzy2005 posted...
You can tell that spike thing is a load of crap because every category has ACIII, ME3 and BLOPS 2 in, all of which are terribad games.

AC and CoD both release about 6 games a year each too.

1 game a year*
---
"I've been dominating this franchise for over a decade"
-EvalAngell on Call of Duty, an 8 year old series.