This wasn't nominated for GOTY by the VGA's...

#21Max58201Posted 11/15/2012 7:40:20 PM
just because a game you don't like is popular doesn't mean it is over rated and just because an award show doesnt agree with your opinions doesn't make it stupid.

i don't like AC or CoD But i do know that everyone i know who plays video games lines up for every release. the games are popular for a reason. although I'm still wondering why skyrim is popular but that's beside the point.
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#22GujinKamiPosted 11/15/2012 7:43:19 PM(edited)
AC3 shouldn't be on that list at all, mainly bc it's a mediocre game.

However, The Walking Dead has like 29 categories, so its k.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#23D1TremerePosted 11/15/2012 7:45:47 PM
If bringing something new to the table was a requisit, I'd imagine we would be voting on games like Towns and Minecraft as opposed to GenericTitleUpdate X.
---
PSN: BlackSheep121
#24OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 11/15/2012 8:03:42 PM
this is the best game ive played all year. (this and gotham city imposters) and i play alot.
you can have gripes-
but i personaly have never had lag issues.
there are almost 3 play-throughs, new dlc already, and 5 characters, that seems like alot of stuff to me. the game is 3 months old and new content has already come out, more is on the way
ive had no bugs or viruses--

ive even learned to share.

and i also know that this isnt the only gearbox game they make. they have other things to do besides listening to people complain about petty stuff. i guess they should all come to each one of our houses and personaly help tweak our game so we can be happy.

hate if you want. i understand. but i think this game kicks ass.
i vote it game of the year....and i am not ashamed...
#25Adzy2005Posted 11/15/2012 8:22:38 PM
Max58201 posted...
just because a game you don't like is popular doesn't mean it is over rated and just because an award show doesnt agree with your opinions doesn't make it stupid.

i don't like AC or CoD But i do know that everyone i know who plays video games lines up for every release. the games are popular for a reason. although I'm still wondering why skyrim is popular but that's beside the point.

CoD is popular because it is an EZ mode nubfest where even the scrubbiest of the terribads can feel pro because all the guns act the same and have zero recoil, kick and everyone dies in superfast speeds.

Seriously play a real online FPS like Battlefield and it makes every regurgitated CoD release look like a child made it with a box of crayons and some glue.

I don't mind that AC or CoD showed up there, I mind that every category had AC, BLOPS and ME3 in, all of which are terrible games from a terrible series.

Arkham City anyone?
Catherine?
Both of these deserve to be on that list over crap like AC and CoD
---
"Tell me you brought the ****ing golf shoes!" - Raoul Duke
PSN: mr_bungle50221
#26DerailerPosted 11/15/2012 8:40:18 PM
lloyd_dobler posted...
pro9b17 posted...
And there is literally nothing to do after one playthru.

-TVHM.
-Play as a different character class.
-Chase after achievements (if you're into that sort of thing.)

- Exact same run, only tougher enemies.
- And do the same thing with the previous character: level up, get new ability, get loot.
- Sure, if people are into those things. Many gamers will be happy when they finish the game.

I love the game but these points are just easy to counter. Just saying.

Adzy2005 posted...
Max58201 posted...

Seriously play a real online FPS like Battlefield and it makes every regurgitated CoD release look like a child made it with a box of crayons and some glue.

I don't mind that AC or CoD showed up there, I mind that every category had AC, BLOPS and ME3 in, all of which are terrible games from a terrible series.

Arkham City anyone?
Catherine?
Both of these deserve to be on that list over crap like AC and CoD

A real online FPS like ArmA (which emphasizes realism), for example. Or the original Operation Flashpoint. Or even the over the top Serious Sam franchise makes games like Call of Duty like a walk in the park.

Arkham City and Catherine came out last year. It'd be nice if they emphasized games like Mark of the Ninja and To the Moon (Steam only).
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#27pro9b17Posted 11/15/2012 8:54:39 PM
pro9b17 posted...

-TVHM.

Done all that except achievements. I'm just waiting until new DLC comes out. I can't play it for more than 20 or so minutes without putting the controller down out of boredom and frustration with Gearbox's half-assed game design.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#28kiwimyweeweePosted 11/15/2012 8:57:21 PM
Spike tv is all that really needs to be said.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#29lloyd_doblerPosted 11/15/2012 9:09:18 PM(edited)
Derailer posted...
lloyd_dobler posted...
pro9b17 posted...

-TVHM.

- Exact same run, only tougher enemies.
- And do the same thing with the previous character: level up, get new ability, get loot.
- Sure, if people are into those things. Many gamers will be happy when they finish the game.

I love the game but these points are just easy to counter. Just saying.

Not if one takes the absolute stance that there is "literally nothing to do after one playthru." Nothing significantly NEW? Sure, I guess I'd give pro9b17 that--but you can say that about a lot of games. You could say that about chess: "after I win, there's nothing to do, and I don't count trying different strategies or playing against tougher opponents as something to do." It's cool if he's lost interest in the game; most people will sooner or later if they haven't already. But hyperbole is the easiest thing to counter.
---
Inyuk-chuk!
#30Governator00Posted 11/15/2012 9:33:02 PM
I was glad to see that Max Payne is getting some credit. It's my pick for best shooter of the year because that's what it is all about. Borderlands should get best something though, it'll win something.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.