This wasn't nominated for GOTY by the VGA's...

#31daishan35Posted 11/15/2012 9:48:34 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Spike tv is all that really needs to be said.

lol....thanks for pointing that out. some reason I couldnt put 2 and 2 together and I thought it was x-plays list...explains why they picked those games too.
#32SolidStryderPosted 11/15/2012 10:02:40 PM
The amount of blind fanboyism in this thread is hilarious. I haven't played Journey or AC3, but BL2 does not deserve a spot over ME3, TWD, or Dishonored(which really didn't deserve a spot in there, either.)

ME3 just destroys BL2, TWD is probably one of the most memorable games of the year, and Dishonored was innovative a blast, gameplay wise.
#33Max58201Posted 11/15/2012 11:08:46 PM
when did other peoples opinion of what game is better start mattering so Much. my favorite franchise is the digimon series but that's in the video game graveyard *i blame pokemon* and i love some games most people hate such as ff13 and 13 2. AND I'M PROUD OF IT
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#34SweetMadnessPosted 11/15/2012 11:17:09 PM
Winter_is_comin posted...
May not be on GOTY, but it's under best xbox game. Just gotta go through the categories.

Games not exclusive to the console don't belong in those nominations.
---
Trolls vs. Fanatics. Trolls win, always.
GT- SweetMadness
#35PensatoPosted 11/16/2012 12:10:50 AM(edited)
JManGT posted...
It's an improvement on the first but it doesn't bring anything new that we haven't seen before like the first game did.

Talk about derp. BL2 is a sequel not a new IP. It's suppose to be more of the same.

Also, originality has nothing to do with GOTY. Otherwise both ME3 and AC3 wouldn't be one here.
#36Wanz44Posted 11/16/2012 5:08:15 AM(edited)
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-xbox-360-game

^ALL THAT MATTERS!
---
Member since 1999 ..
... Former user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
#37Adzy2005Posted 11/16/2012 5:42:10 AM
SweetMadness posted...
Winter_is_comin posted...
May not be on GOTY, but it's under best xbox game. Just gotta go through the categories.

Games not exclusive to the console don't belong in those nominations.

I agree, every category and poll on that Spike TV thing is a joke.
#38Adzy2005Posted 11/16/2012 5:46:42 AM
Derailer posted...
lloyd_dobler posted...
pro9b17 posted...
And there is literally nothing to do after one playthru.

-TVHM.
-Play as a different character class.
-Chase after achievements (if you're into that sort of thing.)

- Exact same run, only tougher enemies.
- And do the same thing with the previous character: level up, get new ability, get loot.
- Sure, if people are into those things. Many gamers will be happy when they finish the game.

I love the game but these points are just easy to counter. Just saying.

Adzy2005 posted...
Max58201 posted...
just because a game you don't like is popular doesn't mean it is over rated and just because an award show doesnt agree with your opinions doesn't make it stupid.

i don't like AC or CoD But i do know that everyone i know who plays video games lines up for every release. the games are popular for a reason. although I'm still wondering why skyrim is popular but that's beside the point.

Seriously play a real online FPS like Battlefield and it makes every regurgitated CoD release look like a child made it with a box of crayons and some glue.

I don't mind that AC or CoD showed up there, I mind that every category had AC, BLOPS and ME3 in, all of which are terrible games from a terrible series.

Arkham City anyone?
Catherine?
Both of these deserve to be on that list over crap like AC and CoD

A real online FPS like ArmA (which emphasizes realism), for example. Or the original Operation Flashpoint. Or even the over the top Serious Sam franchise makes games like Call of Duty like a walk in the park.

Arkham City and Catherine came out last year. It'd be nice if they emphasized games like Mark of the Ninja and To the Moon (Steam only).

Christ my perception of time must be really warped then, I could have sworn I bought Arkham City and Catherine pretty close to release and after new year this year.....XD

Tbh, I would rather vote on the Slient Hill HD collection or Jak and Daxter Trilogy HD than most of the crap on that list.
Silent Hill 2-Best Video Game Storyline EVER
#39mindandsoulPosted 11/16/2012 5:50:17 AM
BL2 is never GOTY material. As others have said its really just more of the same....not a bad thing at all I love the game, bit it doesnt deserve awards for standing out in the crowd when it is really just a full size expansion pack for BL1.
#40Adzy2005Posted 11/16/2012 6:03:40 AM
mindandsoul posted...
BL2 is never GOTY material. As others have said its really just more of the same....not a bad thing at all I love the game, bit it doesnt deserve awards for standing out in the crowd when it is really just a full size expansion pack for BL1.

I would have to disagree there, BL2 is a massive improvement over BL1.
I hated BL1 and couldn't understand all the hype about it, I thought BL1 was total dog muck, it was boring, uninspired and like Fallout 3, but worse.

BL2 however, I love the quests are actually varied, there is a flow to them now rather than endlessly backtracking to hand one quest in to pick up another, rinse repeat.
The enviroments have more than one colour in them.
Guns actually look different rather than all being the same just with different stats.
There is an actual city hub now, it's not great but it's better than the crappy dead villages of BL1
BL2 does stand out from the crowd because it has a sense of humor, it is very different to most other games out there, with it's combination of Shewt and Lewt.

They quite literally turned turd into gold from BL1>BL2