I'm officially swearing off season paases.

#11AmazingPandaManPosted 11/16/2012 1:55:48 PM
this is the first time i purchased a season pass. they just better get the BasAss rank issue fixed along with every skin and head im missing...
---
Xbox GT: AmazingPandaMan
#12keiththeWOLFPosted 11/16/2012 1:56:50 PM
And people did not like Moxxi, or the lack of a level cap increase in the 2nd dlc first time around either. If they listened to the community like they say they do, this would be different than the first Borderlands DLC.
---
PSN: Keith_Wolf
GT: Keith Wolf
#13dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 1:57:42 PM
charon78au posted...
Holy crap, and no level cap increase?

Wow. I really don't want to be one of "those" gamers...but this is really not in line with what I was expecting from BL2 DLC. Disappointing. Let's hope we at least get more backpack/storage space or a use for eridium.

That's pretty much my feelings exactly. I got suckered into the pass because the game was so great. I expected the DLC to be just as amazing.

The good thing about all of this is it taught me that no matter how much you like the game or the devs, it doesn't necessarily translate to quality DLC.

Season passes are a fabulous idea and a great deal. But so far, they have been as disappointing as anything I've ever bought related to this gen of consoles. Once you buy it, that's it. You can't even trade it in if it sucks.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#14JaphascaPosted 11/16/2012 2:00:28 PM
LORD_HOGAN posted...
They didn't raise the lvl cap in the 1st BL until the 3rd DLC which was general knoxx. Actually, the 2nd DLC in BL was mad moxxi's underdome riot.

Yeah, the level cap increase in BL1 wasn't until the 3rd DLC, and it only raised the cap to 61, hence the Ding! Overleveled to 11! Achievement.
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ding!_Overleveled_to_11

It was a patch update, not a DLC, that later set the level cap to 69.
---
Funny how GameFaqs tags the word "faqs" as mispelled.
#15CiderMcBrandyPosted 11/16/2012 2:06:32 PM
Woo, beat that dead horse to death. 4 arenas in the main game and they introduce a whole DLC about it. I don't like Torgue guns very much either.
#16Max58201Posted 11/16/2012 2:16:56 PM
people are gonna complain about dlc no matter what

the boss is too easy

the boss is too hard

the equipment sucks

the equipment is overpowered

it was too short

it was too long i got bored

its not catering to my overly high expectation and feeling of entitlement

you get the idea
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#17InfamousCarlPosted 11/16/2012 2:18:08 PM
I agree, tc, that they're good for the discount. While I'm not disappointed with it, yet, I can see how others are and there won't be an argument from me that they shouldn't be.

Aside from BL2 I bought one other season pass. It was Forza 4 and I wasn't hugely let down but it was very... mediocre. What worried me about it was the stuff the community was really clamoring for came in DLC packs after the season pass ran out.

Just hoping Gearbox doesn't do something like that. If level cap increase, more storage, and the other stuff the community wants comes in DLC after the 4 the pass covers, I'll wait for GOTY editions or deals of the week with future games.
#18dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 2:26:08 PM
InfamousCarl posted...
I agree, tc, that they're good for the discount. While I'm not disappointed with it, yet, I can see how others are and there won't be an argument from me that they shouldn't be.

Aside from BL2 I bought one other season pass. It was Forza 4 and I wasn't hugely let down but it was very... mediocre. What worried me about it was the stuff the community was really clamoring for came in DLC packs after the season pass ran out.

Just hoping Gearbox doesn't do something like that. If level cap increase, more storage, and the other stuff the community wants comes in DLC after the 4 the pass covers, I'll wait for GOTY editions or deals of the week with future games.

I hear ya. I'm not complaining because I feel entitled to anything. I'm just pissed that every season pass I have ever bought, outside of Gears3 because I love the mulitplayer, has been a complete disaster.

I'm more mad at myself than Gearbox. Season passes should be a win win for everyone. They just never are for me.

Maybe we'll get lucky and this DLC will be awesome. The thing that annoys me though is it doesn't matter because I'm already stuck either way.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#19BigSai29Posted 11/16/2012 2:38:10 PM
Came into this topic to make a sarcastic comment about hoping they would make another currency...wtf they actually are?
#20RinglercorpPosted 11/16/2012 2:40:01 PM
Good thing I don't make minimum wage, otherwise I would probably complain too...