Why did they nerf the bee/are going to

#1pastaman2232Posted 11/17/2012 12:49:02 AM
When generic purple shields are better than it for everything besides killing bosses. I heard they're changing it on shotguns AND increasing the recharge delay?

Why do they care if people can solo terramorphous, it's not like he has a really high chance to drop legendaries. At least increase his rare drops to compensate.

All this means is I can't powerfarm eridium for people if I'm boosting, and I'll just use tiny tina instead. And if the bee has a high recharge delay then it's pretty much worthless for regular enemies now. 1 second > 5 seconds on a shield no matter the other effects
#2DerailerPosted 11/17/2012 12:51:06 AM
They nerfed it because tons of people complained it's OP. Plus, people were pretty much using it everywhere, not just for farming.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#3kiwimyweeweePosted 11/17/2012 3:40:22 AM
Why do people think the bee is useless besides killing bosses? Do people who think this just run rambo style into enemies or something?
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#4charon78auPosted 11/17/2012 3:50:20 AM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Why do people think the bee is useless besides killing bosses? Do people who think this just run rambo style into enemies or something?

That's the only way to play.
---
Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#5RjmhartPosted 11/17/2012 6:35:52 AM
They are taking away Tiny Tina too. No more Fleshstick.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#6Four SkullsPosted 11/17/2012 8:38:12 AM
I can't understand using cover in this game. It just seems counter-intuitive. Of course, I main Sal using 2 shotguns, so if I'm not in the thick of it I'm not going to hit anything.
#7PanopictonguyPosted 11/17/2012 8:39:35 AM
kiwimyweewee posted...

I ran Rambo style with the Bee. You forget despite rambo, ramboing it very rarely got shot...

So I'd just run through groups of enemies floating like a butterfly and stinging everything to death.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#8incinerator950Posted 11/17/2012 8:40:29 AM
Derailer posted...
They nerfed it because tons of people complained it's OP. Plus, people were pretty much using it everywhere, not just for farming.

Now even more people are complaining about the nerf. The trouble I have is their head developer is ****ing up PR by acting like a child about criticism over the hate the patch is getting, and there is a lot of it.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#9PanopictonguyPosted 11/17/2012 8:41:31 AM
Four Skulls posted...
I can't understand using cover in this game. It just seems counter-intuitive. Of course, I main Sal using 2 shotguns, so if I'm not in the thick of it I'm not going to hit anything.

You use cover because most enemies can eat your shield in a single bullet. the next 2 bullets will likely kill you.

Combine that with the fact that you're usually being hit from all directions...and yeah.

I understand FFYL makes you not fear death. Me personally I hate going down(in video games). And I hate dying even more.

If Badass Mode was a real in game option more people would probably use cover and play the game strategically.
---
#10PanopictonguyPosted 11/17/2012 8:43:44 AM
incinerator950 posted...
Derailer posted...

Now even more people are complaining about the nerf. The trouble I have is their head developer is ****ing up PR by acting like a child about criticism over the hate the patch is getting, and there is a lot of it.

He was only responding to the people who were blatantly disrespecting him. Honestly if thousands of people were cursing you and calling you out of your name how long would you just sit there and say nothing?

It's not like he came out publicly and said "Na-na-na Boo Boo nerfing your favorite shield LULz" for no reason at all.

He was responding to people.
---