Why did they nerf the bee/are going to

#11incinerator950Posted 11/17/2012 9:55:48 AM
pastaman2232 posted...
When generic purple shields are better than it for everything besides killing bosses. I heard they're changing it on shotguns AND increasing the recharge delay?

Why do they care if people can solo terramorphous, it's not like he has a really high chance to drop legendaries. At least increase his rare drops to compensate.

All this means is I can't powerfarm eridium for people if I'm boosting, and I'll just use tiny tina instead. And if the bee has a high recharge delay then it's pretty much worthless for regular enemies now. 1 second > 5 seconds on a shield no matter the other effects

Challenge running solo. Just about anything can be soloed unless you're doing something that restricts you to have a party, like a true MMO. Borderlands 1 and 2 are not MMOs, and do not follow any of those implications. The game actively makes it more difficult for the individual in team play by increasing defense and raising damage for enemies. Rare loot drops are "improved" by giving the team loot with more of the powerful part combinations per the same weapon (exactly as BL1).

This is one of the reasons I actively oppose Seraph Raids and trying to label Crawmerax and Terramorpheous as "Raid Bosses". Seraph Bosses are placed haphazardly at the end of repetitive slog fighting to imitate a real Raid Boss, even though they're in story levels instead of their own sanctums. They drop a completely useless Currency ripped out of MMO commendations, and the gear (for now) you purchase is a paltry rehash of previously existing weapons. They are completely forgettable, and the entire new Raids are poorly executed.

It just doesn't synergize with how BL1 and BL2 operated out of their normal formulas, and all they're doing is breaking things that didn't need fixing. Granted the Bee is overpowered, but buffing the bosses and calling your customers ****heads for disagreeing with you isn't how to operate this.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#12FalloutgenuisPosted 11/17/2012 10:19:32 AM
LOL I can still farm Terra, My fire Anarchist can kill him really fast with the Bee shield.
---
Wub!
#13SweetMadnessPosted 11/17/2012 10:51:51 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
incinerator950 posted...
Derailer posted...
They nerfed it because tons of people complained it's OP. Plus, people were pretty much using it everywhere, not just for farming.

Now even more people are complaining about the nerf. The trouble I have is their head developer is ****ing up PR by acting like a child about criticism over the hate the patch is getting, and there is a lot of it.

He was only responding to the people who were blatantly disrespecting him. Honestly if thousands of people were cursing you and calling you out of your name how long would you just sit there and say nothing?

It's not like he came out publicly and said "Na-na-na Boo Boo nerfing your favorite shield LULz" for no reason at all.

He was responding to people.

Well... It's his job, and shows a serious lack of professionalism. There are plenty of jobs where people have to put up with worse behavior and are not allowed to behave the way he has.
---
Trolls vs. Fanatics. Trolls win, always.
GT- SweetMadness
#14DarkPassngerPosted 11/17/2012 10:53:03 AM
My main issue with the nerf is this: if you increase the recharge delay, divide the amp damage up by the number of pellets per shot, and increase the recharge rate...what's the point of lowering the amp damage itself?

People didn't like everyone using the CC+bee combo and the amp damage divided among pellets per shot fixes that. From what I see there is no reason to nerf the damage output on top of that. When I use it one shot takes my shield down and most my life. There's a trade off.

That's the only part of the nerf that bothers me. Recharge delay increase is annoying as well.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#15incinerator950Posted 11/17/2012 11:14:28 AM
SweetMadness posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
incinerator950 posted...
Derailer posted...
They nerfed it because tons of people complained it's OP. Plus, people were pretty much using it everywhere, not just for farming.

Now even more people are complaining about the nerf. The trouble I have is their head developer is ****ing up PR by acting like a child about criticism over the hate the patch is getting, and there is a lot of it.

He was only responding to the people who were blatantly disrespecting him. Honestly if thousands of people were cursing you and calling you out of your name how long would you just sit there and say nothing?

It's not like he came out publicly and said "Na-na-na Boo Boo nerfing your favorite shield LULz" for no reason at all.

He was responding to people.

Well... It's his job, and shows a serious lack of professionalism. There are plenty of jobs where people have to put up with worse behavior and are not allowed to behave the way he has.

Exactly.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#16JimiMorrison187Posted 11/17/2012 11:17:25 AM
HE already has your money. No reason for him not to treat whiners the way they should be treated. Like vermin. :P
---
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/m_stafford_c_johnson_120323_IA.jpg
#17incinerator950Posted 11/17/2012 11:31:20 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
HE already has your money. No reason for him not to treat whiners the way they should be treated. Like vermin. :P

I direct your attention to the Bioware community. For their massive account of whining, TOR's subscription rating was terrible, Dragon Age 2 cut funding and interest because the gaming community hated it, and ME3 had to have the ending expanded in a small rewrite with an epilogue added because whiners happened to be completely unsatisfied customers.

The truth of the matter is we can still get our money back, maybe not all of it. Its a line of blood companies cannot afford to lose, and Randy's PR skills don't help his case when he acts as childish as the people belittling him, when he has a whole slew of other, more rational people, who are legitimately criticizing and complaining about the same things.
---
#18FalloutgenuisPosted 11/17/2012 11:34:19 AM
incinerator950 posted...

I direct your attention to the Bioware community. For their massive account of whining, TOR's subscription rating was terrible, Dragon Age 2 cut funding and interest because the gaming community hated it, and ME3 had to have the ending expanded in a small rewrite with an epilogue added because whiners happened to be completely unsatisfied customers.

The truth of the matter is we can still get our money back, maybe not all of it. Its a line of blood companies cannot afford to lose, and Randy's PR skills don't help his case when he acts as childish as the people belittling him, when he has a whole slew of other, more rational people, who are legitimately criticizing and complaining about the same things.

I loved Dragon Age 2.
---
Wub!
#19JimiMorrison187Posted 11/17/2012 12:12:18 PM(edited)
DA 2 was boring as hell. Quit before the end. IT's not bad, but just tedious and mailed in imo.

I loved ME 3 though. I don't care about story, but everything else was great. Think I liked ME 2 better still though. I liked the crew better and how there were so many missions just for them. ME 3 didn't have enough squadmates I don't think and they tried to screw everyone out of JAvik, who I considered a pretty important character for the story. I already knew that ME3 was gonna be a giant DLC scam though. Bioware knows how to screw gamers.

The ending was stupid even after the Extended Cut of course, but whatever. Haven't even looked at the DLC for it because I didn't care anymore. No idea if they added more squadmates, or what they did. Was burned out on it. Still like ME 2 better though.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#20incinerator950Posted 11/17/2012 12:46:45 PM
Falloutgenuis posted...
incinerator950 posted...

I loved Dragon Age 2.

I didn't play it, I'm just stating the fact that it had a very poor reception.

As for derailing the topic, I got my money's worth out of ME3, but the franchise is burned out of me. On topic, my point is the vocal minority can also be a very loud vocal majority when the income notice is less and you can do a google search and the first results are negative about your work.
---