do orange items only drop from enemies?

#1Tru_NavaronePosted 11/17/2012 12:02:36 PM
Ive spent a good 20+ hours farming chests with both of my charactersand I have yet to seem an orange anything, not even from normal gameplay. My friend found an orange pistol at level 5 and it dropped from a bullymonger. He has found.one other orange but unsure if it was from an enemy or chest. So do they only drop from enemies?
---
I can tell you why there aint black folk in anime.
*random anime scenario commences* Black folk: **** that!! -dmainev3
#2AtlasHarpoonPosted 11/17/2012 12:03:48 PM
No, they can be found in chests.
#3gerftyPosted 11/17/2012 12:14:14 PM
they can also be the item of the day. got the level 14 quasar grenade mod in the ammo machine outside the doc place in sanctuary.
#4BridlingPosted 11/17/2012 12:14:55 PM
they can be found anywhere a gun/item can spawn
---
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96_zps0ffebfc8.gif
#5Tru_Navarone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 12:17:52 PM
I see. So my experience is just a testament of how stingy the game can be with oranges. Only oranges I've ever seen are from the black market and that doesn't count
---
I can tell you why there aint black folk in anime.
*random anime scenario commences* Black folk: **** that!! -dmainev3
#6LAphoticLPosted 11/17/2012 12:32:27 PM
best chance at them is to kill whatever drops what ur looking for with their quest
for some reason they have a higher drop chance
ive gotten countless ojs while quest farming them
got 2 shams outta bunker with 2 kills
got 2 baby maker within 4 of mad dog
2 bonus packages (lvl 4 lol) from bewm & boom that was an odd one
also got infinity with the quest off of doc mercy
and black hole off foreman 2 kills
not all the drop chance increase noticed terra doesnt thinking this is from the fact he drops the mods constantly
works with the warrior though got CC, volcano, impaler, caustic leech and fire leech moonshot farming the warrior outta 10 moonshots

how i do it
go grab quest do quest like normal get to the point in the quest where u have to kill whoever
save and quit
hop back in kill whatever if it doesnt drop sign out
sign back in and try again
#7dratsablivePosted 11/21/2012 1:57:41 PM
One thing that will help with a Orange Drop is The Vault Hunters relic. Had it on me and got an Orange lvl 24 Shotgun.
---
Xbox Live and PSN dratsablive
#8Four SkullsPosted 11/21/2012 2:17:14 PM
I thought the Vault Hunter's Relic only made Blue/Green more likely to drop, decreasing the chances at an Orange (since the other two are more likely).
#9dratsablivePosted 11/21/2012 8:53:06 PM
Four Skulls posted...
I thought the Vault Hunter's Relic only made Blue/Green more likely to drop, decreasing the chances at an Orange (since the other two are more likely).

I don't know, just that when I applied that relic and took down a "Boss" I got the Orange Weapon.
---
Xbox Live and PSN dratsablive
#10charon78auPosted 11/21/2012 8:54:31 PM
dratsablive posted...
Four Skulls posted...

I don't know, just that when I applied that relic and took down a "Boss" I got the Orange Weapon.

VH relic does nothing. You just got lucky.
---
Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78