the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Jack's the good guy.

#1ZisGuyYouKnowPosted 11/17/2012 11:47:21 PM
Spoilers, obviously.

Seriously. His goal is to civilize Pandora, which is pretty noble if you ask me. Literally everyone on Pandora is a murderous psychopath. Everyone who you encounter outside the 2 or 3 towns is a bandit who just attacks anyone who passes by, without provocation. The Vault Hunters are a bunch of traitors, deserters and killers, The rest? Zed basically does Mengele-like experiments, Ma

Meanwhile, you've got Handsome Jack, who's trying to make the place a little less of a hellhole. Then you go on and kill his girlfriend and daughter. And it's implied that his daughter killed her own mother. In that light, dude's downright sympathetic.
---
Too Epic for the Internet.
Slash is the greatest musician ever. People who agree: 3
#2Mumble_Posted 11/17/2012 11:51:25 PM(edited)
He killed someone with a spoon while the guys children and wife watched. He laughed while telling that story. What about Helena Pierce?

Also, he wanted to make everything like Opportunity. Did you hear all the stories about that place? Like how everyone was gonna get executed because they took breaks.
---
Unce unce unce wub wub wub woop woop
#3dnay_09Posted 11/17/2012 11:56:55 PM
I think Jack had good intentions but he went about it the wrong way, what with the killing innocent people and using his daughter as a tool and what not. The problem was Jack actually believed he was the good guy and that he was doing the right thing.
---
Gt: Chief Piggumz
#4AllGodsDiePosted 11/17/2012 11:59:21 PM
Hitler thought he was being a good guy by "saving" Germany.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#5ApejaackPosted 11/18/2012 12:00:40 AM
I'm seriously confused as to how someone could play this game and reach a conclusion that out of all the characters, Jack is the most sane and morally correct and not Roland or maybe Maya.
---
I could put something witty here but I won't.
#6kylekillgannonPosted 11/18/2012 12:03:00 AM
AllGodsDie posted...

These two things are hardly comparable.

Murdering an entire planet of rapists and killers is awesome.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#7AllGodsDiePosted 11/18/2012 12:09:50 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
AllGodsDie posted...

These two things are hardly comparable.

Murdering an entire planet of rapists and killers is awesome.

Except, you forgot all the innocents who he murdered in there as well.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#8ZisGuyYouKnow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:23:08 AM(edited)
Mumble_ posted...
He killed someone with a spoon while the guys children and wife watched. He laughed while telling that story. What about Helena Pierce?

Also, he wanted to make everything like Opportunity. Did you hear all the stories about that place? Like how everyone was gonna get executed because they took breaks.

Pierce and the spoon story: He's going around killing people to clean up Pandora, At the least, it doesn't make him any worse than the Vault Hunters, who commit wanton murder because Scooter or whoever ask them to.

Opportunity: that quest is you replacing his advertisements with you own propaganda. I dunno how at that point in the story, you can think that Lilith, Mordecai and Brick are not gonna be demonizing the guy.
---
Too Epic for the Internet.
Slash is the greatest musician ever. People who agree: 3
#9Hudsucker20XXPosted 11/18/2012 12:50:01 AM
Jack's ultimate goal may be to eradicate the scum of Pandora, but that's still genocide.

He still derives joy and humor from sadistic acts of torture, deception, and murder.

He still manipulates his own daughter to the point where she begs to be killed.

He still executes his own people for crimes like littering and curfew violations.

Jack's a bandit just like everybody else on Pandora... except he wears a suit, and has better toys.
---
"Grumble grumble..." (level 7)
#10ApejaackPosted 11/18/2012 12:58:29 AM
Okay, I don't get the logic here. Handsome Jack is a good guy who's trying to make Pandora a better place to live... because Handsome Jack says so? I seriously can't remember anyone else ever expressing approval of what Jack's done on Pandora aside from himself. Tons of people have committed atrocities because they thought that killing or oppressing people was the right thing to do, or at least something that wasn't unethical, so that Jack thinks he's making Pandora better means nothing.

Is there even one person in the game, aside from Jack, who approves of Jack?
---
I could put something witty here but I won't.