the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Jack's the good guy.

#31notSFFPosted 11/18/2012 3:37:59 PM
And like I said before, the Vault Hunters and the people of Sanctuary aren't THAT bad. For all their moral faults, Axton, Salvador and Brick are played for laughs, and Maya, Gaige, Roland and Lilith are pretty much pure heroes.
#32BigStrongManPosted 11/18/2012 4:20:50 PM
I assume you think the Europeans were good guys in killing off the Native Americans too
#33Al0ne72Posted 11/18/2012 5:21:40 PM
I too, kept trying to tell myself Jack was a good guy, and that's what I loved about the story of Borderlands 2... You constantly wonder if you're the good guys or the bad guys, because Jack claims to be the good guy and they set it up so that you question whether he's right or not. Unfortunately, even if you boil it down to a contest of the lesser of two evils, we're still on the good side.

After everything Jack has done, forcing Angel into slavery ever since her childhood, slaughtering anyone who faced him, I'm kind of curious to how he came into power in the first place.
#34DerailerPosted 11/18/2012 5:34:29 PM
Jack goes on a pretense of "cleansing Pandora" and does it in a way like the bandits did, through murder. Who is he to impose planetary reorganization? He's pretty much a bully.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#35dkolb87Posted 11/18/2012 8:03:13 PM
The game is very tongue in cheek. Jack is an entertaining villain because he is not the typical dark brooding figure that most bad guys are. He engages with you , mocks and taunts you throughout the whole game. He is evil but he is also very chatty and genuinely funny in a horribly cruel way.

The games moral compass is completely broken in a way you like in a game.

The Vault Hunters steal and kill almost everything in sight with little to no justification just like Jack, the only difference is Jack actually thinks he's some sort of hero and that's perhaps why he has to die most of all.