Infinite space in the bank or claptrap's secret storage - No modding, no hacking

#1minimang123Posted 11/19/2012 6:59:50 PM(edited)
DO NOT USE THIS IN CLAPTRAP'S SUPER SECRET STASH; YOU WILL LOSE ALL ADDED ITEMS PAST THE MAX (thank you Social_Sin for informing me!)

Note that this was originally discovered by EditedPoo over at Se7ensins, a borderlands 2 modding forum: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/unlimited-bank-space-glitch-no-mod-new-method.816452/

The method:
1. Open the bank.
2. Use Right Bumper to access your inventory tab
3. Click on an item in your inventory that you DO NOT want to store. This should automatically move you to the bank menu.
4. Use Right Bumper to access your inventory tab again
5. Click on an item in your inventory that you DO want to store. This moves the item from your backpack into the bank.

Notes on this method:
* It works in only the bank. IT DOES NOT WORK IN THE SECRET STASH.
* You can add items into your bank regardless of how much space has been used up.
* You cannot do this in the reverse way in order to add an infinite amount of items to your inventory (to make inventory dumps easier), as far as I know.
* Even if the game gets patched, you'll still be able to use the inventory spaces you've added, and you won't lose your items. When the game was patched for the PC once, the max bank spaces changed from 16 to 14. Those that had 16 items in were still able to access their two extra items, that were not deleted (when you get mission items that cause you to have 28/27 items in your backpack, no new items are deleted either), and they could still swap items with them so long as they did not move the bank items to empty spaces in the backpack.

===================================================
===================================================

I haven't tested this in the bank with more than 50 items, so I don't know how well the game can handle huge (900 items+) inventories. I requested permission from EditedPoo to post this here and on reddit, which he freely gave me, encouraging that as many people as possible can be helped by this glitch.
---
GT: minimang123
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/19/2012 6:26:01 PM
Sounds like a handy trick. Thanks for the info
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3sicNMEPosted 11/19/2012 6:33:58 PM
You are now tracking this topic. Definitely doing this when I get home.
#4Social_SinPosted 11/19/2012 6:36:07 PM
Just tried it, and I could see the added spaces being put into the stash, but is there a specific way you are supposed to exit it? I just pushed B like normal but only my 4 original items were still in the stash and the others I tried to add are no longer in my inventory either. Did I do something wrong?

(didn't try it with any legendaries just incase something like this happened :P )
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire
#5spfurm01Posted 11/19/2012 6:40:14 PM
The OP in the se7ensins link mentioned it didn't work with the shared storage.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#6minimang123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:40:15 PM
Social_Sin posted...
Just tried it, and I could see the added spaces being put into the stash, but is there a specific way you are supposed to exit it? I just pushed B like normal but only my 4 original items were still in the stash and the others I tried to add are no longer in my inventory either. Did I do something wrong?

(didn't try it with any legendaries just incase something like this happened :P )

... Oh dang, you're right!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS ON THE SECRET STASH

I tried to exit, and it deleted the new items too. This is really bad. Thanks for telling me!
---
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 11/19/2012 6:41:09 PM
Edit your OP dude. You're gonna screw people over...hahaha
---
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/m_stafford_c_johnson_120323_IA.jpg
#8spfurm01Posted 11/19/2012 6:41:55 PM
you might want to edit your first post, TC
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#9minimang123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:44:17 PM
Edited the OP!
---
#10Social_SinPosted 11/19/2012 6:56:38 PM
minimang123 posted...
Social_Sin posted...

... Oh dang, you're right!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS ON THE SECRET STASH

I tried to exit, and it deleted the new items too. This is really bad. Thanks for telling me!

Haha so glad I tested it out with green grenades and etc.

Glad to have helped and been able to prevent anyone from losing legendary guns!
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire