Nice trolling, Gearbox [TORGUE DLC] [NEEDS MORE CAPS]

#11MosebysRangersPosted 11/20/2012 7:55:03 AM
jimmyCCFC posted...
IcEpIcKRSF posted...
You can't buy them easily anyway unless you somehow discover a way to dupe Torgue tokens.

Oooohhh wait, I figured out a way I think. Clever move, Gearbox.

i'm pretty sure you can use the tokens and have a 2nd player collect it and save whilst the original dashboards, logs back in. rinse and repeat.

Actually complaint is valid IMO but it is consistent with less than whelming loot/gear reward system BL2 has had. It is very consistent with what I have read that the developers are intent on preventing OP gear in order to keep the game challenging.

Not surprised at all.
#12PanopictonguyPosted 11/20/2012 8:13:09 AM
MosebysRangers posted...
jimmyCCFC posted...
IcEpIcKRSF posted...
You can't buy them easily anyway unless you somehow discover a way to dupe Torgue tokens.

Oooohhh wait, I figured out a way I think. Clever move, Gearbox.

i'm pretty sure you can use the tokens and have a 2nd player collect it and save whilst the original dashboards, logs back in. rinse and repeat.

Actually complaint is valid IMO but it is consistent with less than whelming loot/gear reward system BL2 has had. It is very consistent with what I have read that the developers are intent on preventing OP gear in order to keep the game challenging.

Not surprised at all.

This is a way for people who want to "try the guns with the awesome effects" without having to "waste" hours farming.

The weapons don't have to be maxed out for them to try or and enjoy the awesome effects. This will also give then an idea of what level 50 gun they wantto hunt for. As oppose to vending machines like this becoming the center of the game world.
---
Is cheating online in a cooperative game appropriate - Y=9 N =8
#13KacielPosted 11/20/2012 9:56:24 AM
Did you beat the game yet? Maybe it'll scale after since I'm guessing it's treating it as TVHM and not 2.5 yet. Also, you could quit and start again to see if the vending machine generated a lvl50. I know I was farming Rakkman and he dropped two lvl48 and a lvl49 Gunerang before dropping two lvl50s.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblpteDR8S1rhizoao1_500.gif
#14aurick79Posted 11/20/2012 10:01:49 AM
Beat the main story of the DLC and was already done with TVHM

The vending machines item of the day is level 48 while every other item in the machine is 50.

I'm completely fine with this.

The Torgue Tokens have been easy to get (I already have 220) sometimes even dropping off normal bad-asses. I see it as a trade-off: You can get that legendary with even less effort than farming the guy that drops it, but take a 2 level penalty on the weapon, on the bonus you can aways keep trying to get a slightly better version.
#15Master XPosted 11/20/2012 11:49:52 AM
Torgue tokens are pretty easy to get. If you dedicated an hour or two just to areas with tokens, I could see you amassing them pretty quick and easy. This ain't no seraph thing. Though I hear there's new seraph weapons here too. I'm sure my bro spoke to a seraph vendor... Still haven't done PL2 so no seraph for me yet! I don't even carry an orange, despite getting an orange literally on the first boss first time into the game!
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X"For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question. "