So, you guys have had 12-ish hours...is the Torgue DLC worth it?

#21Guillermo55Posted 11/20/2012 7:40:48 PM
Guillermo55 posted...
no rewards worth getting if you're already level 50 with some decent legendaries.

Yeah, the Cobra, Slowhand, Kitten, Meteor Shower, Boom puppy and Crossfire are all so bad, huh?

Are those really worth replacing legendaries for? I really don't feel like fighting ****ty bosses every day for a week until I can scrounge up enought crystals to buy one weapon at a time just to have them be worse than what I already have.

THERE WAS TOO MUCH WHINING IN YOUR POST!!!!!! APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!!

Make me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2JZtq.jpg http://i.imgur.com/cm8Fy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kvK4g.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5vPpu.jpg
#22ToadwarttPosted 11/20/2012 7:47:34 PM
If you don't like the way the games going then trade it in and move on.
---
We are ATLAS!
Both consoles: 69 Mordecai, 69 Lilith & 69 Roland
#23TerraFlare190Posted 11/20/2012 7:50:37 PM
Max58201 posted...
this board is by far the whiniest i have seen

what will a lv increase do besides make your action skill slightly better give you an hour of exp grinding and make the board explode once again with duping topics for the new max lv items

with how you people b**** you would think a lv cap would drastically alter the game

And I love how narrow minded people like you think that your game experience is the only one there is. Maybe you don't care about an increased level cap but some do. Get over yourself.
---
"We are condemned to be free" Jean-Paul Sartre
#24Max58201Posted 11/20/2012 7:53:38 PM
if gearbox took into consideration the constant whining they would release just a lv cap increase and some new stupidly overpowered weapons charge you 10 bucks and not waste the money on making actual content since that's apparently all people care about
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#25Four SkullsPosted 11/20/2012 7:54:57 PM
So how rare are Torgue Tokens?
#26StormWolf12Posted 11/20/2012 7:56:20 PM
Guillermo55 posted...
Guillermo55 posted...
no rewards worth getting if you're already level 50 with some decent legendaries.

Yeah, the Cobra, Slowhand, Kitten, Meteor Shower, Boom puppy and Crossfire are all so bad, huh?

Are those really worth replacing legendaries for? I really don't feel like fighting ****ty bosses every day for a week until I can scrounge up enought crystals to buy one weapon at a time just to have them be worse than what I already have.

Lol, yes. They are definitely worth replacing legendaries for. The Seraph grenade mods are all better than their legendary counterparts. The Practicable Slowhand is the strongest shotgun in the game without the bee, in my opinion. The boom puppy is better than the kerblaster. The kitten is at least the second best non explosive AR in the game.

The Cobra is WAY better than the Skullmasher, or any other sniper.

Complain more, lol. It was a great DLC. It also implied that we're getting a Moxxi's arena back which is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#27JustinTheJaggedPosted 11/20/2012 8:09:30 PM(edited)
Four Skulls posted...

They are pretty common enemy drops as well as quest rewards. Most of the legendaries cost 600+ tokens, though.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#28incinerator950Posted 11/20/2012 8:09:35 PM
Four Skulls posted...

Common, they're off many Badasses and several of the missions reward them to you.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Slow Hand and Cobra, because we ran through the missions and I never got them.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#29bry6trumpPosted 11/20/2012 8:10:45 PM
well i didnt buy the season pass but did buy both dlcs..so far im pretty disappointed in torgues campaign..i mean, i have played it for maybe 2-3 hours and have around 70 torgue coins, u meant to tell me i have to play this specific dlc for 8-9 more hours just to save up and buy 1 weapon that is not that much beter than my present legendaries?

some nice dialogue but nothing worth even close to $10 worth..

i wish they would have added a few new enemies...

i havent beaten the torgue dlc but i hope it gets much better in the 2nd half because as of right now, im not impressed..
#30PensatoPosted 11/20/2012 8:52:42 PM
GujinKami posted...

Aside from making grinding for weapons 10x more boring and tedious, they fixated every single other mistake. BL1 needed a level cap because skill points and builds didn't feel as much natural and original, and they fixed that by making BL2 skills a lot more interesting and unique compared to the first game.

No they didn't'. Gunplay is still average when compared to every other AAA shooter. Yes they improved snipers but they screwed up elemental bullets. They still didn't know how to program shotguns right. They don't program their collisions, matting, and padding right. They didn't do storage right. They didn't do loot right. They still don't know how to scale their game correctly.

Story and class/skill trees are really the only thing they got right in the game. They actually made a worse game than the first one imo.

BL1 needing a level cap increased had nothing to do with skill trees. At level 50 you could have two end line skills. No. It needed a level cap because people got bored playing through the DLC at level 50. It's the same issue for BL2.