Anyone getting bored?

#1amenbrotherPosted 11/21/2012 5:56:03 AM
Let me clarify I love Borderlands 1 & 2 and played them both alot, but I am starting to get the stale feeling lately. It just seems we kill baddies to get more money or gear or weapons or what have you, all just to keep doing it? Like I have a 500 dmg rifle just to kill a guy and loot a 525 dmg rifle... Maybe I just burnt myself out playing it so much lately... Anyone else feeling this way or no?
#2htkaPosted 11/21/2012 5:58:46 AM
Agreed, but it's not the first series that has bored me. I loved the GTA series on the PS2. GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas, but when I tried playing GTA IV, it was sooooooooo boring that it turned me off and I never bothered playing it again, didn't even get half way through the game.
#3MosebysRangersPosted 11/21/2012 6:11:52 AM
At times. I know the new DLC bored the heck out of me last night.

Actually what keeps me going is I still have 2 classes that I want to play. Axton/Gaige.

The fact that I did old fashion solo/grinding 1rst class Zer0.

Saved PLing for subsequent classes.

Still working on challenges.

But more importantly now just playing game co-op keeps it interesting now. Fun to watch others in action. You see a wide variety of styles.
#4Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/21/2012 6:23:35 AM
I used to game ever day for hours on end. I would get bored of most games pretty quick. I've learned to pace myself so I don't hate a game. I haven't gotten bored of this just yet. Although its probably only because DLC keeps coming out.

Thats how Mass Effect 3 was for me. As soon as the DLC for online stopped I got bored within a few days and sold it. >.<
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#5chaos_belmontPosted 11/21/2012 6:50:19 AM
I have a backlog the size of a small country.

Play something else man, it's a game not an infinity machine.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#6TheVillageIdiotPosted 11/21/2012 7:14:28 AM
I wish I had enough free time to play a game so much I got bored of it...
In college I had the free time but not enough money to buy more than a few games a year.
Now I have more than enough money to buy whatever game I want but barely any time to play.
#7Dagoods8426Posted 11/21/2012 7:24:33 AM
I felt that way after level 30, I don't see the point of chasing for better loot when it isn't a PvP game.
Once you get tired of blowing things up, the game gets stale in my opinion.
#8littlecletusPosted 11/21/2012 7:33:38 AM
I got more fun and enjoyment out of Borderlands 2 than almost any game ever and I have been playing games for 30+ years, so I can not complain.
But I have grown bored.

I was looking forward to the DLC yesterday, but after putting in an hour or so, I am not too excited about it.

I am sure I still have plenty of fun and enjoyment ahead of me with BL2, but for right now, I have no desire to play it.
---
Havin' a tea Partay drinkin' mah Teeea!
#9amenbrother(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:24:33 AM
Dagoods8426 posted...
I felt that way after level 30, I don't see the point of chasing for better loot when it isn't a PvP game.
Once you get tired of blowing things up, the game gets stale in my opinion.

Exactly its like you are still blowing things up every time its just maybe different on how you do it or with what gun but the premise stays the same.
#10MosebysRangersPosted 11/21/2012 9:41:54 AM
chaos_belmont posted...
I have a backlog the size of a small country.

Play something else man, it's a game not an infinity machine.

This also. Why I don't by to many new games as soon as they are released.