Get now or wait for GotY edition

#1avengineagle09Posted 11/21/2012 8:02:09 PM
I'm debating should I get this now or wait until the game of the year addition ? I saw they released another expansion pack Tuesday and my spider sense is telling me, there might some dlc on the way.
#2Flow_149Posted 11/21/2012 8:04:13 PM
I'd say rent it and pick up the goty edition later. :P
This is a fun game but it sure isn't worth $90+.
#3KingRaven42Posted 11/21/2012 8:06:01 PM
There are 4 DLC packs as part of a season pass that you can purchase and that entitles you to free downloads to those 4 packs when they are released. So you're choosing between get it all piece by piece, or getting it all in fell swoop. Take your pick. Not sure what the GOTY edition would offer in total compared to season passes and the mecromancer class (not included in season pass)
---
GT: KingRaven42
#4HughJorgennPosted 11/21/2012 8:10:34 PM
If you are in the states you can pick it up for 25 bucks tomorrow at walmart. Go get it.
#5WandymanPosted 11/21/2012 8:33:29 PM
Doesn't it have to be the GOTY first?
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#6Flow_149Posted 11/21/2012 8:36:30 PM
Wandyman posted...

?
#7WandymanPosted 11/21/2012 8:39:45 PM
Flow_149 posted...
Wandyman posted...

?

Yes?

Maybe I'm wrong but GOTY must be just a fancy title they use to package the game with the DLC? One would think that if they weren't in fact the GOTY it would be a hokey title.
---
#8Flow_149Posted 11/21/2012 8:44:02 PM
Wandyman posted...
Flow_149 posted...
Wandyman posted...

?

Yes?

Maybe I'm wrong but GOTY must be just a fancy title they use to package the game with the DLC? One would think that if they weren't in fact the GOTY it would be a hokey title.

ah I see.
Just was a little confused on what exactly you were referring to. :)
#9WandymanPosted 11/21/2012 8:48:09 PM
Flow_149 posted...
Wandyman posted...
Flow_149 posted...
Wandyman posted...

?

Yes?

ah I see.
Just was a little confused on what exactly you were referring to. :)

Out of all the publications that vote for games really only one has to call them the GOTY. Regardless of the name, sometime after the last DLC I would anticipate a Complete Edition or GOTY.
---
#10AngryOldFeralPosted 11/21/2012 9:18:32 PM
KingRaven42 posted...
There are 4 DLC packs as part of a season pass that you can purchase and that entitles you to free downloads to those 4 packs when they are released. So you're choosing between get it all piece by piece, or getting it all in fell swoop. Take your pick. Not sure what the GOTY edition would offer in total compared to season passes and the mecromancer class (not included in season pass)

I'd say wait for GOTY, since by that time Gearbox may have its **** together. What you're missing out on by waiting for it:

- Ridiculous bugs like the BA Rank reset.

- Slow-as-hell remedies from Gearbox to fix said ridiculous bugs, since the 360 players generally have to wait a few weeks after PC and PS3 users for patches due to Microsoft's certifications for DLC/updates.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity