Pete the Invincible Glitch

#1ClaycochaserPosted 11/21/2012 10:15:41 PM
Don't know if this has been discovered but honestly just found it.
In Petes chamber, going right from the raid post, u will come to a column with a triangle on it. Its the first column with said triangle. Go to the right side of the column and face the wall at the point where the column and wall intersect. There is an elevator glitch here. Jump and tap A repeatedly. This is similar to the treasure room glitch. You will get up on the ledge and will ne able to hide behind columns and shoot/dodge. Very few blasts will hit u. At some point during the fight, pete may glitch onto the ledge. This is great. He is stuck there. U can just wail on him and hit the water if need be. An alkaline shield is a good idea but not necessary. Hope this helps...
#2Claycochaser(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:28:07 PM
No interest? Hmm.
#3Black Night 52Posted 11/21/2012 10:38:49 PM
I'm interested... May be hard to gather interest because there isn't a video out on it. If you make one, you'll get plenty of Youtube hits.
---
Football: Rams, Baseball: Cards
#4Claycochaser(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:43:28 PM
Black Night 52 posted...
I'm interested... May be hard to gather interest because there isn't a video out on it. If you make one, you'll get plenty of Youtube hits.

Prolly. Just sharing it here though. No way to film and I'm too damn lazy anyway! Peeps have been cool here though so maybe it'll help folks out.
#5Bad_Voice_OverPosted 11/22/2012 12:04:45 AM
I just tested this, because ...why the hell not? Seems to not like to work when you're in multiplayer mode, but works in solo.
#6charon78auPosted 11/22/2012 12:20:13 AM
Will give this a go when I unlock him. Still haven't finished the DLC yet. Been trying to finish the achievements for the last one.
---
Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#7abombt7Posted 11/22/2012 12:52:52 AM
I can confirm that this works solo as axton. But you need to put the turret as a distraction while jumping up the ledge or else he will come up behind you and melee you to death. Also was able to get him stuck on the ledge yet he was able to jump out of it.
#8jenbecklerPosted 11/22/2012 2:56:33 AM
You. Are. Awesome. I tried a few times last night and could get his health down to around 1/4 and I'd get killed every time. While this takes the strategy away, it at least lets you complete the mission. I can't wait to actually fight this guy with my friends I play with. Thanks!
#9charon78auPosted 11/22/2012 7:06:16 AM
OK, so I just tried this and it works very well.

It by no means makes the fight a certainty though - he was able to jump up to the ledge without getting stuck several times. You need to be careful and position yourself so that he jumps into the pillars rather than between them. He killed me about 4 times before I finally got the method down.

One time he got me with his DoT while he was on the ledge and I had to jump down and hit the valve. He was walking back and forth up on the ledge and I was able to pick off the spiderants before sniping him from below - still using the pillars for cover - before eventually seizing an opportunity to get back up on the ledge and use the wall protrusions for cover while I finished him off.

It took a while though. I was a gunzerker and had ammo regen - don't know how you would have done it without that. He has a ridiculous amount of health and shields.
---
#10charon78auPosted 11/22/2012 7:07:29 AM
One last thing. Like the treasure room glitch, the invisible ledges can disappear after a while. Reloading restores them.
---