Honestly, have you ever joined a good public game?

#1BigSai29Posted 11/24/2012 12:06:18 AM
Have you ever joined a public game where everyone had a mic and their was actual human interaction? It's like playing with bots out there. I don't even encounter too many modders or generally scummy players, just bland lifeless souls.

IB4 get friends. I generally only play with friends but a combination of other games, real life and disinterest in Borderlands 2 means I don't always have a group to play with.
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 11/24/2012 12:17:22 AM
Not really. My mics busted right now but usually the people that have them are wanna be commanders or little kids. Loot is generally just vacuumed up asap even if people don't want it or have better things.

Never really found good level 50 matches but found good running the game matches. I have also noticed people just run around with no aim or direction and then go down. They quit out before dying.

For a game that is trying to promote co-op the random community is kinda a clusterf***. Not really surprised though from playing the first.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#3ShuyinVsTidusPosted 11/24/2012 12:26:38 AM
This is nothing new for online multiplayer in general. Most people don't have mics and most of the ones that do don't talk about strategy or ways to accomplish some in game task. It's usually talk about something that has nothing to do with the game or nothing to do with the match.
---
Foolish mortals and your petty squabbles
Giga-Graviton > Zanmato
#4SolidStryderPosted 11/24/2012 12:36:27 AM
Not by your definition I guess. I ran through the game my first time mainly with randoms though, did pretty well. I usually only use my mic with friends, I'll participate if people are actually organizing things. Overall not a lot of areas that need people working together to get things done.
#5SpaceAssassinPosted 11/24/2012 12:40:43 AM
In Borderlands 1 I met a few great friends in a random match whom I still play with now.

In Borderlands 2 I've had a game or two with people offering to help me with my first fight with Hyperious as well.
---
Beast Mode
[ON] OFF - I art thou, and thou am I
#6BigSai29(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 1:19:03 AM
Loot is generally just vacuumed up asap even if people don't want it or have better things.

Seriously lol at this. Rape the hell outta boss and grab everything in sight before anyone has a chance as if 99% of it weren't crap. Happened earlier to me in a fight with Hyperius. Me and the host were the only 2 to survive and he died across the map from me. By the time we got to where he was, all the evidence of a downed Hyperius was gone.

I understand that's kind of how it is in general on X-Box Live, but I guess it would be wishful thinking to assume it would be better for one of the premiere co-op games on the 360.
#7DerailerPosted 11/24/2012 2:57:06 AM
Yeah, a good number.

It's also the reason why I like playing by myself about 95% of the time, or just with friends.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#8jenbecklerPosted 11/24/2012 4:33:41 AM
Uhg, not tonight. Bunch of jerks who use people to defeat bosses, then boot you. Or just boot you in the middle of combat. Kids these days. lol
#9Dtothe3Posted 11/24/2012 5:02:48 AM
jenbeckler posted...
Uhg, not tonight. Bunch of jerks who use people to defeat bosses, then boot you. Or just boot you in the middle of combat. Kids these days. lol

Happens in dark souls as well. It is an instant block from me.

I always invite people to party. If they don't join I boot them quickly. I've got two of my favourite co-op players through Borderlands, one from each game. Also made more friends through them as well.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#10lee_Posted 11/24/2012 5:05:42 AM
I've had quite a few good games with random players including one where we played through the final 3 missions then defeated the final boss. I don't have a mic so it doesn't really bother me if they talk or not.
---
Xbox Live GT: swansfan4
Feel free to add me.