Borderlands 1 or Borderlands two, which game is better?

#1chickenlardPosted 11/24/2012 7:58:48 AM
Now that the game has been out a while, which game did you like better? Borderlands one, or two? - Results (113 votes)
Borderlands 1
23.89% (27 votes)
Borderlands 2
76.11% (86 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I liked one better, I didn't like how the only way pretty much to get orange guns was to farm bosses for hours on end, in my 100 hours of playtime I never saw an orange inside a chest.
#2macavelePosted 11/24/2012 8:00:48 AM
I never had an orange in a chest but thought the story and interplay between the characters was amazing compared to the first. Since the only way I can truly enjoy going through a game time and again is with a great ( or amusing ) story, 2 got my vote.
---
" Dibs on the Vaults"
#3Dtothe3Posted 11/24/2012 8:06:06 AM
Liked both games. Characters fell short on the second one, because they tried and failed to get you to care about them.

Mordecai had the most character, followed closely by Brick, and they were both fairly one dimensional. Funny, but nonetheless one dimensional.

Also I seriously liked the DLC from BL1, seeing the DLC for BL2 made me decide not to buy the season pass.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#4EmperorBlackPosted 11/24/2012 8:55:51 AM
Part 2 is the winner so far with me. It seems like they put more time into the graphics and presentation here, and the environments seem more varied and interesting; there's also more noticeable differences in the guns and gear. It also has more of a story, and a great main villain. Part 1 didn't really shine that much until the excellent DLC, but this one was great from day 1, at least to me.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#5dahorosPosted 11/24/2012 10:11:50 AM
BL2 was better.

In terms of getting legendaries I feel they're comparable to the pearlescents from BL1.

BL2 just took everything from the first and made it better.
---
PSN: Dahoros
I AM NOT A MACHINE!
#6SilentLonerPosted 11/24/2012 10:37:46 AM
I prefer the loot system from the first game, but I think pretty much everything else was improved in the second one. It's a tough call for me.
---
('` | | . |;;; |\ | `'|'` | . /'''\ |\ | |;;; |'')
.,) | |,,,|,,, | \| . | . |,,,\,,/ | \| |,,, |"\ GT: Seth Lios
#7killbot357Posted 11/24/2012 10:44:42 AM
BL2, no question. Better writing, more variety in environments and enemies, better leveling systems.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2
#8potpot85Posted 11/24/2012 10:50:14 AM
Dtothe3 posted...
Liked both games. Characters fell short on the second one, because they tried and failed to get you to care about them.

Mordecai had the most character, followed closely by Brick, and they were both fairly one dimensional. Funny, but nonetheless one dimensional.

Also I seriously liked the DLC from BL1, seeing the DLC for BL2 made me decide not to buy the season pass.

are you crazy about the DLC both these packs have been better than anything from borderlands 1 and knoxx was very good
---
Mu Dovahkiin Bahlok Fah Kel - We Dragonborn hunger for scrolls
#9GujinKamiPosted 11/24/2012 10:51:05 AM
Borderlands 2 does game mechanics, story, skill trees, and environments a lot better. However, the problem in BL2 is there isn't as much of a reason to check chests half the time since the chance of actually getting something useful out of them is extremely low, a problem you would never have to face in BL1.

In the first game, you saw a chest, and you looked forward to the contents that were in it. In BL2, you see a chest and go "Oh boy, maybe this'll get me a good 10k" instead of looking forward to the weapons itself, since most of your gear will most likely come from quests.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#10SasquatchimoPosted 11/24/2012 11:10:24 AM
I originally preferred BL1's orange drops (including chests/vending machines) but after hitting level 50 and actively farming for oranges in BL2, I get it now. The great feeling you get when an orange finally drops after hours of farming... I prefer BL2 now after that.

I have about 20-something oranges all from my own farming. No duped handouts. Its a nice feeling, makes you appreciate the game even more.
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.