An interesting point regarding duping....

#1fakesnoop77Posted 11/25/2012 1:55:47 PM
Before I start, this is not a 'duping - good/bad/for/against' topic.

I want the opinion of you guys on something. Here goes; -

I recently started farming with my lvl 50 zero and to date I have found some really good loot, but not everything.

My next step is to try and move copies of these legendary items to my second character which is my lvl 40 Salv. This will involve asking one of you guys very nicely to be a host whilst I join your game, drop my loot, then rejoin with Salvador and collect my own stuff (I hope this works)

Now, I know this method is considered 'duping' but I am only doing this for my own benefit and nobody else but me will profit. I know I need someone I can trust to not steal my stuff but I'm sure I can find someone.

Is this method frowned upon or is it accepted?

And.....

Is there a better or safer way to move my loot?
---
GT = Fakesnoop77
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#2aznghostbusterPosted 11/25/2012 2:00:20 PM
Why not just make another silver membership account?
---
"If there's grass on the field, have sex with it." -Confucius
GT- TheLoveFister
#3TheProdigal713Posted 11/25/2012 2:00:32 PM
You could use the secret stash in Sanctuary to move items between characters, however, depending on how much stuff you want to move that could be a lengthy process. I don't really see the harm in the method you described or duping in general. Both sides do raise valid points but I broke down and started duping money last night with my nephew.

Anyways, if you do need help just send me a FR
---
Nah, you know what? Unleash the fury! Grab his shoe, beat his testicles! -IASIP
GT: StocktonSlap
#4NateO81Posted 11/25/2012 2:01:43 PM
Join your own game with second controller on guest profile. Trade or drop items to that character. Save and leave game with 2nd controller. This will not save your main. Dashboard. Load up character you want to have the items. Join with 2nd controller and give him the items.
#5sgtjoey_806Posted 11/25/2012 2:02:00 PM
The only way to do it without getting someone to host would be start a second profile and split screen but the character would only be able to hold 12 items plus 6 in the bank and 4 in the shared bank. just drop your stuff and pick up with the second profile then start with your 40 character and rejoin with your second profile. I dont care to host if you want. i wont steal your loot ive been on this site forever and never gotten negative karma. Plus i have 4 characters full of legendarys that i wouldnt care to dupe for you if you wanted. Just LMK if you want my help. GT is in sig
---
Psn-Energizerjoey, X-Box Live Energizerjoey
My Car List http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=4555
#6fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:02:52 PM
aznghostbuster posted...
Why not just make another silver membership account?

I don't have a second controller though
---
GT = Fakesnoop77
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#7TheProdigal713Posted 11/25/2012 2:04:07 PM
Joey I could really use some legendaries lol. I don't have a single one after multiple playthroughs. Don't mean to hijack this topic but if you're not busy my gt is in my sig
---
Nah, you know what? Unleash the fury! Grab his shoe, beat his testicles! -IASIP
GT: StocktonSlap
#8Shadow_Dragon_0Posted 11/25/2012 2:04:25 PM
I created a dummy profile and gave all my stuff from my siren to my mechromancer.
---
PSN: dragon_fire01
Gamertag: Shadow Dragons0
#9BigSai29Posted 11/25/2012 2:18:42 PM
Nah it's duping and immoral and you should feel bad. J/'K who gives a ****?
#10WandymanPosted 11/25/2012 3:34:19 PM
BigSai29 posted...
Nah it's duping and immoral and you should feel bad. J/'K who gives a ****?

Exactly, it's your game, do what you want. There are plenty of people who dupe and most likely willing to help.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83