Why even have shields?

#11SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:36:48 AM
I don't have an amp shield I have a speedy shield with a quick regen and about 2500 shield lvl 25. I have no idea what the problem is, its not "bad playing" I literally get 1 shot and my shields are down and health is at about 75%.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks
#12Four SkullsPosted 11/30/2012 7:05:20 AM
Master_Norris69 posted...
Neogenerator. The Sham. Bee.

Each have their uses, each will get you killed really quickly due to their low capacity. If one bullet gets by the Sham it's gone, in any fight of decent size, the Neogenator is worthless, same with the Bee. About the only decent legendary shields are the Black Hole and Fabled Tortoise.
#13Di11injaPosted 11/30/2012 7:11:57 AM
Four Skulls posted...
Master_Norris69 posted...
Neogenerator. The Sham. Bee.

Each have their uses, each will get you killed really quickly due to their low capacity. If one bullet gets by the Sham it's gone, in any fight of decent size, the Neogenator is worthless, same with the Bee. About the only decent legendary shields are the Black Hole and Fabled Tortoise.

Seriously? I only have the Bee at the moment and its phenomenally good. Too good. BNK-3R goes down in 2 secs (quite literally 2 seconds).

To the TC, whats hitting you that takes it down in one shot? If your being hit by shock weapons, one shot shield drain is to be expected. If youre shield is going down to a single bullet you need a better shield and/or you're playing above your level.
---
XBox Live GT: MrDilinja
#14Four SkullsPosted 11/30/2012 7:19:16 AM
Yes, because I can't count the number of times during the Bnk-3r fight that I've gone down to a Loader shooting me down in 2~3 hits while I was preoccupied with Bnk-3r thanks to the bee.
#15ZardoZsaysPosted 11/30/2012 7:21:37 AM
SyxxPakk6 posted...
I don't have an amp shield I have a speedy shield with a quick regen and about 2500 shield lvl 25. I have no idea what the problem is, its not "bad playing" I literally get 1 shot and my shields are down and health is at about 75%.

So you are using a low capacity shield three levels below you and wonder why you are getting one shotted, lol.

1) Get a level 25 white turtle shield, problem solved.
#16ZardoZsaysPosted 11/30/2012 7:23:13 AM
ZardoZsays posted...
SyxxPakk6 posted...

So you are using a low capacity shield three levels below you and wonder why you are getting one shotted, lol.

1) Get a level 25 white turtle shield, problem solved.

Wait, is it a level 25 shield or a 22 shield like you said in OP?, either way, get a new shield. Or a +capacity item.
#17Di11injaPosted 11/30/2012 7:25:48 AM
Four Skulls posted...
Yes, because I can't count the number of times during the Bnk-3r fight that I've gone down to a Loader shooting me down in 2~3 hits while I was preoccupied with Bnk-3r thanks to the bee.

Conference Call + Bee Shield. Stay on the level below (either by the vending machines or at the foot of the stairs that lead to the outer ring) and shoot BNK-3R on its critical spot. It'll go down in 2-3 secs.

Either that or take out the loaders first. I always keep an eye on the minimap to make sure an exp loader doesnt sneak up on me.
---
XBox Live GT: MrDilinja
#18Four SkullsPosted 11/30/2012 7:46:35 AM
Eh, I started using the lower level recently because I was tired of how Bnk-3r throws out mines and flies around after I've "killed" it. I used to just jump on a stack of crates and blast away at it with Bee+2 shotguns, running for the hills when my Gunzerk or shields runs out.
#19MosebysRangersPosted 11/30/2012 9:17:03 AM
Bee is what it is risk/reward shield. Risk is low protection. Reward heavy damage to enemies with potential for 1-3 shot kills.

For more defenses Blast shield of Terra is a good one and Impaler.

To increase and get good shield defense boost you BA points in the shield stats (all 3).

10 points into Maya's skill that boosts shields.

Farm your shield turn in's to try to get higher defense ones. Amazing the difference in stats if one takes time farm a little.

Trade or dupe with friends to get better versions. I constantly check friends gear to see if we have obtained better version.

To show you how farming a turn in can make a difference. Last night I completed the Firehawk quest on 2.5 mode.

My 1rst time turning in it was 33k. 2nd 35k than 3rd time jumped to 41k . So farming pays off even in turning in quests.

To show you difference with above suggestions at work and going by memory. My friend got hands on 60k Impaler. With Maya shield advantages and my BA investment she now is at about 78k for defense.

Just some tips and insight on better shield defense. One of my LF Bees is at 41k total now because I noticed my friend had a higher version of defense.
#20SyxxPakk6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 11:21:35 AM(edited)
Why is everyone telling me to get legendary shields? I'm only level 30 and also I'm playing legit and don't have 5,000 duped items.. that kind of ruins the fun for me.

I have a level 30 shield and I'm level 30 and still happening btw.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks